Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I have just joined as my best friend has been suffering from joint problems- (Femur/Fibula/Tibia and Scapula).
He is currently on Antinol and Maloxacam when it is really bed :(
Just trying to research and find ways to make things easier for him as he ages??
ANY Suggestions would be helpful

Thankyou.

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
5,888 Posts
What about hemp? Alot of people swear by it. Also, depending on the joint pain, some of the schools are doing stem cell therapy, which is supposed to be great for arthritis, joints etc. Maybe you could look into a clinical trial or something like that.

·
Super Moderator
10,313 Posts
If you've not already done so, consult a vet who integrates holistic treatment as well. They will use treatments with fewer side effects including natural supplements, laser therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture, and CBD. My Tessa is a tripawd and has arthritic changes in her back and shoulders and a natural antiflammatory, minor changes in daily routines (reduce the length of her walks) and monthly chiropractic has kept her very active the past year or so.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,906 Posts
I sometimes use a CBD oil called Balance (for pups) as I don't want to constantly give him Metacam. My vet says it is not yet approved in TX so she can not officially recommend it but as soon as it is she will jump on the band wagon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts