Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kobe, 3 months, Maltese
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or something when you have nowhere else to walk our babes.

I have 2 homes and one of them there is no yard and we live directly on the main road. We are not in this house for the majority of the year. This is the first time we’ve been here since Kobe has come home to us. He just turned 10 months. He has been so easy to train and adapts so easy. I have been very proud of him. We take him to the park for his exercise and we take turns making sure we get lots and lots of zoomies in everyday. So much fun. So my question is for anyone that can help me is what do you use to let them relieve themselves when you dont have a yard or easily accesible areas to walk them to.

We have a small outdoor patio area and we have allowed him to do his business in the corner and I pick up after him right away and hose down everything immediately but it’s concrete and of course some does get absorbed and it seems now after being here 2 months there is no getting rid of this odor. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are leaving back to TN tomorrow so I will have access to stores and can purchased a system of some sort for next time but I need to find something quick. We will be ack here in 30 days.

Kobe needs to be happy but so do we. We cannot even sit outside with this smell and Im afraid if anyone happens to come over.(not too likely with Covid, but a possibility) Im going to bleach today and again tomorrow before we leave. I have not used bleach yet because I was afraid it might hurt him. But I guess I will have to figure something out for the night. Safety first for my babe.

Please help.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi, I am always so super cautious too with cleaning. My Cody goes on wee wee pads but hydrogen peroxide gets urine smell out very good. One time I had adopted stray kitty and she was in my sunroom and was nervous and did pee and it went on my unfinished wood floor. I poured hydrogen peroxide on it let it soak then went back 1/2 hour later wiped it ALL completely dry.. and believe it or not the smell vanished! But please do not let your dog STEP IN the hydrogen periodixe because if they do and they lick it off their paws they can vomit.... so if you want to try it make sure the floor is completely dry.. they use hydrogen peroxide to make doggies vomit in emergency so just STRESSING enough make sure the floor is wiped dry then poor some water over it to make it clean.
Dee

·
Registered
Kobe, 3 months, Maltese
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I am always so super cautious too with cleaning. My Cody goes on wee wee pads but hydrogen peroxide gets urine smell out very good. One time I had adopted stray kitty and she was in my sunroom and was nervous and did pee and it went on my unfinished wood floor. I poured hydrogen peroxide on it let it soak then went back 1/2 hour later wiped it ALL completely dry.. and believe it or not the smell vanished! But please do not let your dog STEP IN the hydrogen periodixe because if they do and they lick it off their paws they can vomit.... so if you want to try it make sure the floor is completely dry.. they use hydrogen peroxide to make doggies vomit in emergency so just STRESSING enough make sure the floor is wiped dry then poor some water over it to make it clean.
Dee
Thanks Dee. Kobe uses pee pads when we travel. He really is a good boy. But I’m looking for more of a permanent type thing. Something that can be left out on the patio maybe.
Good to know about the peroxide. Thank you again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
or something when you have nowhere else to walk our babes.

I have 2 homes and one of them there is no yard and we live directly on the main road. We are not in this house for the majority of the year. This is the first time we’ve been here since Kobe has come home to us. He just turned 10 months. He has been so easy to train and adapts so easy. I have been very proud of him. We take him to the park for his exercise and we take turns making sure we get lots and lots of zoomies in everyday. So much fun. So my question is for anyone that can help me is what do you use to let them relieve themselves when you dont have a yard or easily accesible areas to walk them to.

We have a small outdoor patio area and we have allowed him to do his business in the corner and I pick up after him right away and hose down everything immediately but it’s concrete and of course some does get absorbed and it seems now after being here 2 months there is no getting rid of this odor. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are leaving back to TN tomorrow so I will have access to stores and can purchased a system of some sort for next time but I need to find something quick. We will be ack here in 30 days.

Kobe needs to be happy but so do we. We cannot even sit outside with this smell and Im afraid if anyone happens to come over.(not too likely with Covid, but a possibility) Im going to bleach today and again tomorrow before we leave. I have not used bleach yet because I was afraid it might hurt him. But I guess I will have to figure something out for the night. Safety first for my babe.

Please help.
Cheryl, look into this product called the Bark Potty. It’s supposed to be an indoor pad but I think you might be able to leave it outside (double check this) in the corner where Kobe can go. Our friends use it and they swear by it. I have not tried it yet although I have intentions to do so. Our Bella goes indoors for the most part on a regular potty pad currently. If she happens to be walking or playing outdoors, then she’ll go outside. It’s quite convenient. I have also seen lil turf pad systems at pet shops; where you can train Kobe to go and then hose them off every so often. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts