Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you all don't mind me asking a million and one questions. But hey, what can I say? Hmmm, What CAN I say?

ANYWAYS, Gizmo has yet to be groomed, aside from getting his nails clipped by me, because he is 12.5 weeks old and I didn't wanna take him to a groomer until he has all his vaccines. I was actually reading on a bunch of stories that kinda have me paranoid now about taking my Gizzy to a groomer, not that there's something COMPLETELY wrong with that, but I'd just prefere if I learned to groom him myself. I wanted to start as soon as I learned and got the supplies becauseeeeeeeee, his hair is getting
. Okay, with that said, here comes the questions!

1) What supplies/materials will I be needing? Where can I find them?
2) How the heck do I do the job? I'm pretty sure I can do his body, butt area, and the belly. I mean, it can't be that hard, can it? I don't wanna make him all choppy! I need help on with what and how I can trim/cut the hair on where he tears? Is it with just simple scissors? His, beard, when it GROWS, I don't want it long, nor completely short, kinda ROUND, but short round?
Excuse me.
Help. And last but not least, his mustach. I don't want it long. Do I cut it completely straight? At an angle? With what? -Sighs- I'm telling you. I'm completely clueless! So please, bare with me.
3) With what do I cut his feet? His legs? How? I know I have to cut the hair that grows from his paws, does that mean that I just have to make it shorter or somehow cut inside? Lol. That sounds weird. Does it make sense?
4) His bangs? ( I want it short, in other words, I don't want any hair in front of his eyeballs! ) Do I cut them completely straight?

Argh! I hope I get some replies. Maybe some tutorials. Sorry about the "messy" post. Heehee. Tank you! :D

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
If you have never used clipper before, please, please find somebody to show you how to use them first. Your breeder, if he came from a reputable one, can guide you and even show you how to groom him. Otherwise it may be worth paying for a lesson with a groomer just to learn how to handle the equipment safely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts