Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a good diet i have lost lots of pounds... i have been on it now for 3 weeks.. lost like 10 pounds.... 2 years ago i lost 30 and kept it off .. in total 40 pounds... my goal is maybe 10 more pounds.. im now like 130 but i want to be 120 its working even though i miss bread.... POTATOS.... and RICE

anyone else in a diet?!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
That's great! Congradulations!

My mom works at a college and every in her department is on the South Beach Diet. My mom has lost almost 20 lbs in the last 2/3 months. I think I'm going to try it. She's going to be in Des Moines this weekend. I think I might have her go grocery shopping with me Friday night.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I have done the South Beach...I did ok on it, but it is not a lifestyle appropriate diet for me. I like my bread and potatoes and fruits etc.

I have done the best on Weight Watchers. Going to the meetings and being accountable to that scale helps me. Plus-you can eat what you want...you just have to count it...it is about choices and you learn alot obout portion control too.
I have lost almost 20 pounds in the last 2-3 months and I am aiming for 10-15 more by Christmas...but I have slowed down some...and the holidays will kill me.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
well, im TRYING to be on weight watchers. i cant live without bread...i could never do atkins. i lost like 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks....but i havent lost since then. lol. i keep cheating!! i cant help it. and my mom just bought candy apples this week...i was helpless. and then my sister likes to cheat for one meal, once a week. so we got chilis...and i HAD to get the molten chocolate cake.
. anyway, im still trying!! :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
Through a low fat diet and lots of exercise I lost 50 pounds about 4 1/2 years ago.

I just couldn't seem to loose that last 5 pounds so I talked to my docter; Per his recommendation I do a variation on Atkins....No bad starchy white carbs...but I do eat limited amounts of whole grain foods, sweet potatoes, brown rice... stuff like that. I can have all the fruit I want but only LOW FAT meats; nothing that is obviously very bad for you in the long run.

Obviously this is not a diet, but an eating life style. It realy works for me. I like it because when a holiday rolls around I ignore it all and eat what I want; then I spend a couple of weeks being very strict and I can loose those holiday pounds in a short time.

Congratulations on your loss so far, keep it up, you are going to feel great!

Judi

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh i am so happy i was happy after the first 30.. but im losing now because i have surgery coming up and i want to be at my ideal weight for that... i was happy being myself.. but if i am going to reduce my breast size.. i might as well loose some pounds... and as soon as i get 120 im done and i know i iwll stay at that!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
My father in law did/is doing Atkins and he has lost a TON of weight. He used to be fairly overweight and now he is so thin! He was telling us that he started Atkins so he could lose some weight before he went on this Boy Scout hiking trip. When they finally went on the trip he said that they ate nothing but carbs and that when they got back the others on the trip had lost 15-20 pounds and he had *GAINED* 1 pound! Crazy. :wacko:

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I was watching this show on VH1 about the '80s and they were talking about the "secret diets" that movie stars would pay big bucks for. The really popular one was a HIGH carb diet.
Haha! I find it funny how they tell you something is good for you, the next year it is bad for you, then it goes back to being good for you, etc. Like eggs!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Well, I am not in a diet but since mid May this year I became vegetarian no meat, no chicken, no fish. I don't eat as much cheese as I used to. and I have lost 10 lbs since then :D

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My husband and I started the Atkins lifestyle last Fall. I only lost 7 of the 17 I wanted to lose and he didn't lose anything. I think I could lose more if I excercised regularly but I am undisciplined these days. I do all the shopping and cooking and created some really good low carb dishes. Imagine my surprise after Thanksgiving in Florida, Christmas in Dallas, another week in Florida helping one daughter move, another week at the beach on vacation with my brothers (4 of them!) who all love to cook without restraint and I only gained 2 lbs through all that.

What I like about low-carb is I don't crave carbs like I used to. If I must have a sandwich or hamburger, I use low carb bread on Maintenence but cut it out if I go back to Induction. Actually we have moved more toward South Beach because I believe it is a healthier diet.

This is one of our favorite recipes I got from the owner of an Italian restaurant who espouses the Atkins diet. I keep Italian sausage in the freezer because it can be sliced frozen. Pepperoni keeps indefinitely so it's always in the fridge and when I get a roasted chicken I save the leftovers and we have this the next day.

Recipe:

Steam a cup or more each of broccolli, cauliflower and sliced yellow squash until tender-crisp.

In 2 Tbls Olive oil, saute 1 Italian sausage, sliced. Add 12 slices of pepperoni and a cup or so of cubed chicken. Leftovers are ideal for this.

After sausage is cooked on both sides, add 1 tsp or so of Italian herbs and 1/4 to 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes. Toss meat to coat.

Add vegetables and stir and toss to coat with the flavored olive oil. Serve.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i lost almost 40 #'s on the atkins diet, then came thanksgiving and christmas last year, i gained it all back as I fell off the diet and now the thought of it makes me sick, me and my wife are doing weight watchers although only she goes to the meetings, plus i'm not doing to well :lol:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I heard being on Atkins isnt good because since you dont get your carbohydrates, you dont have lots of energy.

I dont have to lose weight, but sheesh, this past year I started getting love handles! Where did that come from? Someone told me you have to run/jog to get rid of it and i was like "PSSSSSHHHHHH, Imma have to learn to LOVE my love handles."

I'm asian so I can't live without rice! I want to gain some weight on me, but everytime I do gain anything, it goes to my face, love handles, tummy, and BUTT! Why can't it go in my arms or legs or BOOBS!!!!??? *sighs*

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Oct 5 2004, 06:48 PM
everytime I do gain anything, it goes to my face, love handles, tummy, and BUTT!  Why can't it go in my arms or legs or BOOBS!!!!??? *sighs* 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=11183
[/QUOTE]

I hear that.. any weight I gain goes straight to my face and tummy! I would love to get some of that into my boobs too

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO u dont want it in your boobs.. i have a back problem... constant pain etc.......

and the atkins works for me.. i sometimes cheat but nothing major.. i cheat for FRUITS LOL but not much.. im taking a supplement for not eating carbs,, im happy and healtier.. i hear the SOuth beach diet but i need more regimen .. a strict one im good at sticking with it...

im happy and if anyone want to join me i can help any of you with awesome ideas on what to eat!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
A friend of my mom's friends :)D) lost 80 lbs on the South Beach diet. The first 2 weeks are the hardest and the strictest. That is when you have to cut the most stuff out of you diet. After that you start adding it back. I have a feeling I will be a major $itch (rhymes with witch
) during the 2 weeks. I'll be going through caffeine withdrawal. I'm addicted to Pepsi.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i just have to say that pepsi sucks and coca-cola is the best!!! lol. :D

i just have cravings for chocolate and candies every now and then. well, everyday, but throughout the day "every now and then" :lol:

like a pack of mini oreos is only 6 points! and im allowed 26-29 points till i get to 200 lbs. and i think then i'm only allowed 23-26 or something like that. i dont go to meetings or anything, i just do it on my own. i started when i was 222, now i'm at 212. my goal is to be at 160. eventhough i'm only 5'6.5" (i have to add that .5 to my height :D ) i look as though i'm 130 when i weight 160.

at magic mountain(six flags), they had that "guess your weight" thing. and i stood there and the person was like "130" and i stepped on the scale and it said "157" and i swear to you---everyone in the audience gasped!! :lol: :lol: i'll look for a pic of when i was thin and i'll post it. i think its because i have no breasts--i look skinnier than i really am.

yay for people who want small breasts!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts