Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Can we change as of now?

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Hi..........Haven't been on in a while. I tried to change my password and could not. It would not let me "play" to see the security number. I logged out and
back in and now I can't log off. Please reset me and I will come back later and try to change my password.

Thanks, Dianne

·
Administrator
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everyone,

Once this new security feature is implemented, you will indeed be forced to change your password every 365 days from the time of your last password change.

You can change your password now by going into your user control panel (which has always been an option) OR using this link: http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/profile.php?do=editpassword

Keep in mind that if you change your password now, you will STILL HAVE TO CHANGE your password ONE time (the first time you login) AFTER we implement this security upgrade.

Yung

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Hi Yung - I sent you a PM about a password issue I've been having for a while. Would appreciate your help -thanks so much!

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
I just had trouble logging in and sent a message but apparently it worked afterwards so I don't have a problem anymore.

I had asked how long to wait before I could attempt to log in again - the error message kept disappearing before I could read it. All good now. It stayed on longer afterwards.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Hi everyone,

Once this new security feature is implemented, you will indeed be forced to change your password every 365 days from the time of your last password change.

You can change your password now by going into your user control panel (which has always been an option) OR using this link: http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/profile.php?do=editpassword

Keep in mind that if you change your password now, you will STILL HAVE TO CHANGE your password ONE time (the first time you login) AFTER we implement this security upgrade.

Yung
I am not understanding why we would want to change our passwords now ... if we still have to change our password one (more?) time after you implement the security grade.

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Marie, I don't think she meant we have to do it now---that is why I asked. I don't want to do it twice so I plan to wait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts