Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning Ava was bouncing around being her usually silly self. I went to work and Stan went to visit a friend and was out for most of the day.

When he got home, Ava was the only one that didn't come greet him :unsure:. She's been sleeping since then and seems like she doesn't feel well....she's on my lap now....it's so upsetting to see her like this. I got her to take a few laps of liquid yogart, but that's about it. She'll lift her head up for a moment every once in a while but just puts it down again. She's not shivering in pain, I just can't figure out what's wrong.

If she isn't better by tomorrow, I'll take her to the vet.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on.....:unsure:

·
Premium Member
24,012 Posts
I hope that Ava's okay. Sometimes Tyler just has off days for no reason at all and then he's fine. See if she'll eat or perk up to do or play something she really likes.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Pat,

I hope that Ava is okay. The other day, Harry spent a lot of time in his bed. I was worried, but by the next morning, he was fine. Hopefully she's just having an off day.

·
Premium Member
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stan thinks she's upset because we left them alone today. But they've been left alone before...heck we've been home for hours now and she's still not moving. She's starting to scare me.

·
Premium Member
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you take her temperature, Pat?
Now is the time I'm realizing I don't have half the "stuff" I need at times like this. I don't even own a thermometer - for humans or dogs!

This is not good.

·
Premium Member
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pat, any other symptoms?
No. She is just laying still with her head down. She's lifted her head once or twice and we got all excited...but then she just layed it down again. She's not eating or drinking.

I might carry her around for a bit to see if she perks up any.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
What about a little chicken broth Pat? To keep her hydrated? I just hate it when they seem off and you don't know what it is. Keep us posted. And give her some extra hugs.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Now is the time I'm realizing I don't have half the "stuff" I need at times like this. I don't even own a thermometer - for humans or dogs!

This is not good.
Can you go out and buy one?

I don't think I'd want to wait and see through the night if Lady was listless and not eating or drinking. It's especially a concern with a tiny one like Ava. If you go out, pick up some Pedialite as Ava will dehydrate quickly because of her size.

Since she was alone all day, I'd also be worried that she got into something.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Oh, no, not our sweet little Ava. Hopefully she's just having an "off" day, but I agree with Marj about taking her temp and also about giving her pedialite if she isn't drinking or eating.

·
Premium Member
20,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She sat up!!!! I took her over to the pee pee pad....and she walked to the door, so I let her go out onto the kitchen deck. She pee'd and walked around for a few minutes then came back in. She won't eat or drink anything, but I feel so much better anyway. I think she may have a tummy ache, she's back to laying down.....but I don't feel as worried.

How long does pedialite last? I have a bottle that I've had for about two years now....I think I'll go dig it out and check for expiration dates. It had never been opened.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts