Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Can't help ya. I got Brinkley at 14-15 weeks and he was 4 something.

Now at almost 6 months, he is a little over 6 pounds.

J

·
0 Posts
Lacey was 2.5 pounds at 9 weeks. She is now almost 7 months old and she weighs 5 pounds, 0 ounce. She grew alot about a month ago but hasn't grown at all since then. My breeder told me Lacey would be on the bigger side. She is a beautiful puppy.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well sunny is going to be around 10-12lbs...i know its not standard but i really though his mom was beautiful and not really bigger than i wanted....and he is 11 or 12 weeks and weight i think almost 5lbs lol i knew he was bigger than normal but he sounds huge now lol

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Wow! Lilly521, that is a big puppy. Lexi was 2.5 lbs at 11/12 weeks. She will be 8 months old on the 25th (my birthday) and has been 6.6-6.7 lbs now for about 2.5 weeks. So I think she might me slowing down and possibly done growing.

Does anyone know when Maltese usually stop growing?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Bella was about 2lbs at 10 weeks. She'll be 15 weeks tomorrow and on Saturday she weighed 2-3/4 lbs. so her growth has slowed down a bit. The vet said she’ll be tiny. My other puppy Piccolina died at 12 weeks and she weighed 1 lb and 3 oz. but she might have been sick already but still she was super tiny. Her mom only weighed 3 lbs.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Maxismom@Sep 14 2004, 09:28 AM
maxi was almost 2lbs at 12 weeks but he is going to be a year old on thursday the 16th and varies between 8 to 9lbs he is also very long i call him my skinny Q-tip are any of your babies long out of curosity
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9122
[/QUOTE]

Brinkley is medium...ha ha.
Not too long, but not short and stubby like some others I have seen.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Pico was 1.5 lbs at 10 weeks and is 4.5 lbs now at 3 years. Sometimes I forget how little he is until I see him with other dogs or sitting by himself in the middle of our sea of deep blue carpet with his head cutely tilted to one side.

J

·
0 Posts
Lacey is long. She will be months old on the 22nd and she weighs 7 pounds 5 ounces. I think she is going to be a big one. Doesn't matter to me...love her no matter what.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by jami@Sep 14 2004, 11:21 AM
Lacey is long.  She will be months old on the 22nd and she weighs 7 pounds 5 ounces.  I think she is going to be a big one.  Doesn't matter to me...love her no matter what.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9140
[/QUOTE]

Hey jamie
Maxi is long also he will be 14 months on nov 16 and he weighs 9.3lbs
he is very sturdy which i like and he has a beautiful coat he fits into smalls
i just have to get him long sweaters i call him my little Q-tip
he stopped growing i would say at around 1 year hasnt gained any weight and hasnt gotten any longer

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
According to the AKC, the standard for the body is "compact, the height from the withers to the ground equaling the length from the withers to the root of the tail" so you should be able to measure Maxi to find out if he really is too long for the breed.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 5 2004, 01:49 PM
According to the AKC, the standard for the body is "compact, the height from the withers to the ground equaling the length from the withers to the root of the tail" so you should be able to measure Maxi to find out if he really is too long for the breed.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15034
[/QUOTE]
I GOT CHICO ST 16 WEEKS AND HE WAS 2 AND A HALF POUNDS AND NOW AT 7 MONTHS HE IS 5 AND HALF

1 - 20 of 74 Posts