Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be like sharing a bath picture of your kids........embarassing! Sorry Abella. :hiding:
I use hair scrunchies to separate her hair before she goes outside. Hoping this may be helpful. :wub:

"Life is good - Life with a Maltese is better!"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,394 Posts
She is so lovely!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I get a lot of laughs, especially from my hubby. I use the tiny claw hair clips :thumbsup:

This may be like sharing a bath picture of your kids........embarassing! Sorry Abella. :hiding:
I use hair scrunchies to separate her hair before she goes outside. Hoping this may be helpful. :wub:

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lydia, Georgie Girl is beautiful! :wub:
I figure this is just the price of beauty! lol...... And so much easier than having to wash and dry her rear end hair every time she pees - pee stains are so hard to get rid of on Maltese pure white hair! I tried using the claw clips on Abella and bless her heart she would shake and they would fall out or slip. :oops: Is there a secret in keeping them in position!

"lIfe is good - Life with a Maltese is better!"

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lydia, Thank you - I will have to get some of those clips. I'm thinking they will work good when I'm grooming Abella too (sectioning her hair for styling). I like how they don't have an opening inside the claw teeth (not sure if that makes sense) they look like they hold tight!

Abella has a doggie door and she is now trained to ring her bell that hangs by it, and wait for me to come and clip up her "skirt" before going out. Sometimes she rings it a couple times "Where is my servant?" lol! Nothing compares to a Maltese! :wub:

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m loving these conversations. I never thought about this issue before. I’m glad I have a boy!!!
Mare, Long haired boys are actually worse than girls when it comes to pee staining......boys lift their leg- girls squat! :yes:

"Life is Good - Life with a Maltese is better!"

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes......I remember you saying that! I can't even picture Jeep in a long show cut........lol! He's all Boy! :rochard::thmbup:

·
Premium Member
17,394 Posts
Due to Kitzi's back leg/partial lameness he pees on his under hair & front feet often. I have to keep it short & wash it often. Lisi has the cutest little squat where she sort of lifts one of her bag legs up when she squats. He does not get stains.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I thought when I got another dog it would be a girl. In my life the boys always outweighed the girls. But after I lost Boone and decided to start looking for another dog, every dog I found on the rescue sites were boys. Jeep was just meant to be mine.

·
Premium Member
17,394 Posts
I thought when I got another dog it would be a girl. In my life the boys always outweighed the girls. But after I lost Boone and decided to start looking for another dog, every dog I found on the rescue sites were boys. Jeep was just meant to be mine.
:yes::yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Due to Kitzi's back leg/partial lameness he pees on his under hair & front feet often. I have to keep it short & wash it often. Lisi has the cutest little squat where she sort of lifts one of her bag legs up when she squats. He does not get stains.
Sandi,
What happened to Kitzi's back leg (I haven't heard that story)? :crying:

Abella also used to slightly lift one back leg when she squat to pee. Now she only lifts one back leg when I'm trimming her skirt and trying to get the left and right side even.....lol! Some of our grooming days she can definitely get an attitude!
:smilie_tischkante:

·
Registered
58 Posts
What a brilliant idea to clip their "skirt" back. My Zita is only 3 1/2 months old but she is getting such pee stains already! I don't remember that happening with my other Maltese. But this one does squat differently, haha.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Funny that you say that! My Lexie never did either. My mom's Willow actually squats and walks slightly forward to put her skirts behind her, smarty! Georgie squats crooked, so its a hit or miss, therefore the clips lol

What a brilliant idea to clip their "skirt" back. My Zita is only 3 1/2 months old but she is getting such pee stains already! I don't remember that happening with my other Maltese. But this one does squat differently, haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts