Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take Josie in to the vet last night, since she got spayed 2 months ago she has been very tender in the stomach and guards it when you go to pick her up, sometimes growls, and she has gained 1.5 lbs since the spay...OMG and she is too tiny to do that, plus she has the luxating patella's on her knees and we are trying to avoid surgery so weight is an issue. Anyway they did a bunch of blood tests and I am waiting for the results today-----ughhhhh I hate the wait. :new_Eyecrazy: :new_Eyecrazy: She is at the groomers this morning so I am sure she is really not going to be to happy with me after the last two days.

It was kind of cute last night at the vet though. The vet went to pick her up and take her for the blood draw (Josie was snuggled into me) and Josie did not want to go and kind of growled and hid her face into me, the vet was like wow she is an alpha and has claimed you. ( I had been telling her this but she had not seen it). I was worried it was a bad thing and she said no she was just stating she didn't want to leave me but was not agressive about it-whew.... I have never had an alpha animal so this behaviour is foreign to me.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Oh, I do hope and pray everything turns out well. You must be in such a state of anxiety. Please keep us updated because everyone who reads this will be concerned about Josie after reading your post.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, and I will keep you all posted. It is nice to have someplace to post concerns where they understand how concerned we can be about our little ones...she is completly my "little princess" so it is hard. Thanks again for your kind post.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Not only is today an ugly day (wet and gloomy in TN) but I've been hearing so many bad news on this forum

I hope all is well for you. Cloud gained some weight after his surgery too. I need to get him to exercise more but it's too cold to go outside. I suck.

I hope all is well for Josie. Take care

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by 2happymalts@Nov 19 2004, 12:33 PM
She is at the groomers this morning so I am sure she is really not going to be to happy with me after the last two days.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17227
[/QUOTE]

She is just going to be so happy to see you, she will forget all about it! I'll be thinking about the two of you!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I know how it feels to wonder... I've been through it for many many months of testing... I pray that everything turns out A OK!
Post ASAP when you find out! Kodie and me send our hugs!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by nataliecmu+Nov 19 2004, 01:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-2happymalts
@Nov 19 2004, 12:33 PM
She is at the groomers this morning so I am sure she is really not going to be to happy with me after the last two days.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17227

She is just going to be so happy to see you, she will forget all about it! I'll be thinking about the two of you!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17240
[/B][/QUOTE]

I picked all three up at the groomers and you were right she was thrilled to see me
and of course I had to get them each a new coat (they are fleece and soo cute) I will post pictures as soon as I can. The groomer said Josie had a hard time standing for the grooming
she has never had a problem with this, so of course now I am even more worried...the vet said I should hear something before 3:00 today-seems and eternity. Thanks for all of your encouraging posts it helps so much to know others are thinking about us...

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Gosh, I hope everything will be OK. Yes, the waiting is nerve wracking. This week, Kallie had no problems but had routine blood work for her annual physical and I couldn't stop thinking about it and hoping for good results. Thank goodness she was fine but yes... the waiting........ awful!!

That was cute the way Josie clung to you.... Kallie and Catcher do that... the vet or groomer has to pry them off of me. They don't growl though....Neither is alpha to me (at least I don't think so.... it's cute... they both stand and wait for me to go out the doorway before they go through.... so they must think I'm alpha)

Please know you have a lot of people on this forum who totally understand your concern... we will be waiting for the news...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got a call from the vet and so far so good the test results are looking good. So I am pleased. A few more to wait for but so far so good. I have to put Josie on a diet-ugh. The problem is she goes next door where Sophie lives and eats her puppy food-high in calories. But in 1 month they will switch to adult so that will help a-lot. We just need to cut back on treats and see how she does.(at least I hope that is what the final results will show
)

Thanks for all your good thoughts, prayers and support. I love this site

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Hi, so glad things are "so far, so good". Did the vet say why her tummy area was so tender? I know what you mean about them eating each other's food. The first thing Catcher does when he is out of his pen or coming in from the bedroom in the morning is he runs to Kallie's dish and starts gobbling... he's obsessed with doing that. I have to always remember to take Kallie's bowl off the floor . . .

Like Josie, Kallie also is a little overweight. I've been working on trying to get it down. Finally it is down about 5 ounces to 10.3. The vet says she needs to lose maybe a pound more. It has taken months to get the 5 ounces off. I feel like I hardly feed her anything...just 1/2 cup a day of kibble..... plus a couple dog biscuits.....

Well, anyway, hope things continue to look good......

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh, i'm so so glad to hear the tests came back ok!
I wonder why the tenderness in the belly... Are they going to let you know why?

Maybe she's just nervous about it since she gained a little weight.

Glad to hear the good news!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts