Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,204 Posts
I have the large sturdi bag & it needs to be replaced soon. I have liked it but it hasn't held up as well as I had hoped (maybe because I travel too much & Lisi bites the mesh). This one gets mixed reviews so I will wait until more news is published before springing for a new one.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi I have been looking at this carrier and also seen the mixed reviews. I need a bag that would fit both of my dogs, Jonas is 10lbs and Ruby is 4 lbs. My biggest problem is that I travel mostly by bus from where I live to Lima, and 8 hr. trip that dogs are not really allowed to be on. I have done it a couple of times but the straps on the carrier that I was using are coming apart. I have to have a bag that holds its shape when it is patted down so they can't feel the dogs. Also I need something that looks as much like a purse as possible so they don't suspect that there is a dog in it. I am wondering if you think this bag might work or if not does anyone have any suggestions.
Thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The main reason I got this bag was its portability and aesthetics. In person, it looks like a duffel/work-out bag. It doesn't scream I have a living creature.
For a 10lb Maltese, it fits perfectly. Sophie can turn her head toward her back, but she can't turn her entire body around. The internal "leash" also stops your doggie from jumping out.:w00t:
At first I was worried that I couldn't get her inside. There's only 2 openings and zero instructions (only thing that was included was a brochure of the company's products...)
The trick is to open one end, close the other, and gently put him/her in the open end (tail end first).

As for durability...it looks and feels very sturdy. I'll be using this primarily for car rides/trips to the vet, etc.

What I don't like is how the straps hook up (4 plastic tabs on each of the lateral sides). Its not very stable when you're using the shoulder straps...it could also be that I'm not setting up correctly...:smilie_tischkante:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was looking in my storage and found two old carriers that I forgot I had. They are Samsonite carriers, I had them for cats years ago, they are at least 15 years old but look like brand new. They have straps for the car and also have wheels that I can use or they also come off. It is black leather and have covers that I can roll down over the most of the windows and it has three different places that it opens to put them in. I can't believe I found them and they look great, I only used them once. I think they will work for travel, now I just need a purse type just for quick trips with only one.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
??????

I travel mostly by bus from where I live to Lima, and 8 hr. trip that dogs are not really allowed to be on.

Just wondering how/if you are able to sneak bathroom stops for your dogs & give water to your dogs when you have to hide them on an 8 hour bus trip? That seems like it might be difficult to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts