Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B&B could use your prayers, this evening we found what looks like a spider bite on her lower back, first thing we did was check out what a brown recluse bite looked like, their is puss where the bite is, so tomorrow morning we will take her to the vet. I pray it isn't a spider bite, but it looks alot like the picture I found on the internet. Thanks for your prayers, I'll let you know what happens at the vets.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Paula, B&B is in my prayers. I hope it's nothing serious. I'm glad you found it right away. Hoping for good news from your vet tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please keep us posted and we hope to hear good news from you tomorrow :grouphug:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
If it's a brown recluse the bite will grow quickly and spread very quickly. Please keep an eye on it. My husband got bit by a brown recluse and he had a small bite turn into a huge open sore over 2 inches wide in just a couple hours.
It began to turn black in a little under 4 hours,he was in the ER w/ a area of open skin the size of a palm print by that evening.
Don't wait if it's a brown recluse it acts very rapidly!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
If it's a brown recluse the bite will grow quickly and spread very quickly. Please keep an eye on it. My husband got bit by a brown recluse and he had a small bite turn into a huge open sore over 2 inches wide in just a couple hours.
It began to turn black in a little under 4 hours,he was in the ER w/ a area of open skin the size of a palm print by that evening.
Don't wait if it's a brown recluse it acts very rapidly!

Paula, do you have an ER clinic in your area? I wouldn't wait until tomorrow. As Michele said, the venom is necrotic and will kill the surrounding tissue.

Brown Recluse Spider Bite Poisoning in Dogs | PetMD

The Symptoms of Spider Bites in Canines | eHow.com

·
Premium Member
16,777 Posts
Paula, prayers to little B&B. Please keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
Oh no, I hope it's not a spider bite. I'll be praying it's not & little B&B is going to be fine.:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
B&B could use your prayers, this evening we found what looks like a spider bite on her lower back, first thing we did was check out what a brown recluse bite looked like, their is puss where the bite is, so tomorrow morning we will take her to the vet. I pray it isn't a spider bite, but it looks alot like the picture I found on the internet. Thanks for your prayers, I'll let you know what happens at the vets.
There are varying degrees of symptoms after a brown recluse bites you. A female brown is the most dangerous. I've was bitten in 1986 and have a hugh scar from it. Jassmine was bitten right after we moved to our new location. It was on her chest and she was nursing puppies at the time. She did not need surgery like I did because I knew what to do for her. You can get really sick with a brown bite and some people it sluffs off and others it doesn't. It is something to take very seriously. The correct dose of antibiotics given early will prevent it from progressing to being like Michelle's husbands did. The right antibiotic too. Not everyone has systemic reactions to the bite. The interesting thing that is happening now with people bitten by brown recluse spiders is that they are culturing out to having MRSA. Keep a close eye on BB in the mean time before you are able to get to a vet. Prayers are with you.

·
Premium Member
17,461 Posts
Oh Paula!
I am late coming here to this---I will pray for wisdom and a proper diagnosis for B & B.
My all time question for God will be "why on earth did you make spiders?" I see no redeeming value in them. In fact they are not allowed space near me! :hiding::hiding:
And a brown recluse of all things! YIKES---the dream of my sleepless nights!:new_shocked::new_shocked:
Please let us know what is going on!

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
OMG! Paula after reading these posts.....I sure hope you are wrong!!!!

We'll all be on pins and needles until you can get back to update us! :w00t:

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Paula, so sorry. My bichon wast bitten by one years ago. It was a hard time for us, but we got through it. Please let us know how she is doing. I'll be praying.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
After what you have been through with B&B, you don't need this. I would take her to the ER and not wait. I hope it is nothing serious. Hang in there!:grouphug:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts