Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if any of your dogs like to lick? Now whenI say lick I mean lick any thing that is put in front of them. In the morning when either me or my husband opens our eyes she is layin there looking at you waiting for you then she has to immediatly has to lick your hand if you don't let her she'll chase your hand around. Then as soon as I've had my breakfast and sit to look at the paper it starts all over againe. If you don't let her she acts like her feelings are hurt. This goes on off and on all thru the day. I think she has OCD. Can dogs get this do you think? It kind of makes you crazy after a while
. But she is still our baby girl.
BETTY

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I don't have an answer....but is sure seems funny!
Especially the chasing your hand around part, and getting her feelings hurt.

I know my grandma has a cat that licks all the time. She stops him, but he still tries it...sometimes it is almost like a sucking thing. She wondered if he was weaned too early or something.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by RAZMO@Jan 12 2005, 08:33 PM
  Hi everyone. I was just wondering if any of your dogs like to lick? Now whenI say lick  I mean lick any thing that is put in front of them. In the morning when either me or my husband opens our eyes she is layin there looking at you waiting for you then she has to immediatly has to lick your hand if you don't let her she'll chase your hand around. Then as soon as I've had my breakfast and sit to look at the paper it starts all over againe. If you don't let her she acts like her feelings are hurt. This goes on off and on all thru the day. I think she has OCD. Can dogs get this do you think? It kind of makes you crazy after a while
. But she is still our baby girl.
BETTY
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29375
[/QUOTE]

Yep, Mine do that... First thing in the morning they start licking everywhere.... my eyeballs, ears, nose, mouth... it is better than an alarm clock at getting me out of bed... A little licking is fine but this is just awful!

·
Registered
493 Posts
LOL

Abby is a shocker for licking too... all the time!!! I even catch her sometimes just licking the air... and if you blow in her face (not right up in it, but in the direction of her face) she licks the air too

I am currently trying to stop her from being so "licky" when I am in bed... I've been trying to discourage her when she licks by saying "that's enough licking" and then leaving her. When she just lays there, I tell her she's a good girl. BUT ALAS, the minute I put my hand down to pat her again.... off she goes again with the licking!!!

I'm getting used to it though - at least I know she loves me enough to want to give me puppy kisses all the time!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts