Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
18,100 Posts
Sandy, you said you "are afraid it might make your pain worse" and I think that is a good insight on your part---but for the pain to get better it sometimes has to get worse first. I said to Marie recently that the "only way to get through grief is to grieve" and I want to say that to you too. Grief is my friend; we are on a first name basis so it is something I understand. I have learned over many years & tragic experiences some hard lessons about grief & not letting it overcome me (so far at least). I have learned that it cannot be ignored or redirected---one has to go right through the middle of it. It is the only way to get to "better days ahead." If that sounds unkind, please forgive me as it is not my intention to cause you any more pain. It is the prayer of my heart that you will discover some peace---I am sure that is what Baby would wish for you as well! Please know that we care.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Sandi's advice was eloquently said and I truly hope that you and your Husband will be able to gain some peace even though it will take some time. I am sure that there will be other's that are suffering the pain and loss when you go to your Meeting and your will hear their stories of what you are going through. We lost our precious Chrissy at the end of October and it still hurts terribly but time does have does seem to help even though that loss will always be felt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't felt I could even talk about this. I will finally do so now. These are the words I have feared & dreaded to say ever since we brought Baby home as a puppy 9 years ago...he would have been 10 in September 2022.....

On Monday April 25th at 1:00 am. Baby passed away in my arms.... before 'the drug' could be administered... I felt his last breath... I felt his precious life leave him forever....

There is a giant hole in my heart & nothing is important to me anymore, life has no meaning. I don't really feel alive and don't think I ever will again I am only just existing. I can't sleep I can't eat I've lost 14 lbs...the silence is deafening. Our house is empty & it is only filled with death. I miss Baby, think of him constantly, everything reminds me of him our lives were so intertwined. He slept every night in the crook of my belly...or the small of my back, or right next to my head...He was my child. Our family is no longer complete...Baby's presence gone, has left a giant void. His life was cut short and he was cheated out of living his life by immune mediated bone marrow disease with a hopeless prognosis. I am incredibly sad for him, he loved his life, he loved us, he was a being of light and love a gift from heaven. We tried so hard since February when he got sick to save him... I am pouring tears as I type this....

I haven't posted in a long time, 'life' got in the way. Sadly, 'death' has brought me back here.... I knew Maltese mommies & daddies would understand.

Sandy

~Baby, my beautiful precious boy~

View attachment 276198
I haven't felt I could even talk about this. I will finally do so now. These are the words I have feared & dreaded to say ever since we brought Baby home as a puppy 9 years ago...he would have been 10 in September 2022.....

On Monday April 25th at 1:00 am. Baby passed away in my arms.... before 'the drug' could be administered... I felt his last breath... I felt his precious life leave him forever....

There is a giant hole in my heart & nothing is important to me anymore, life has no meaning. I don't really feel alive and don't think I ever will again I am only just existing. I can't sleep I can't eat I've lost 14 lbs...the silence is deafening. Our house is empty & it is only filled with death. I miss Baby, think of him constantly, everything reminds me of him our lives were so intertwined. He slept every night in the crook of my belly...or the small of my back, or right next to my head...He was my child. Our family is no longer complete...Baby's presence gone, has left a giant void. His life was cut short and he was cheated out of living his life by immune mediated bone marrow disease with a hopeless prognosis. I am incredibly sad for him, he loved his life, he loved us, he was a being of light and love a gift from heaven. We tried so hard since February when he got sick to save him... I am pouring tears as I type this....

I haven't posted in a long time, 'life' got in the way. Sadly, 'death' has brought me back here.... I knew Maltese mommies & daddies would understand.

Sandy

View attachment 276198
I truly understand your pain. I lost my beautiful Cosette seven and a half years ago. She passed away four days before her 19th birthday. At first I was just like you - so heartbroken that I couldn't leave the house for weeks. I cried constantly. I talked to her while driving in car when I did leave the house and saw her image in the white clouds above. She traveled with us everywhere - back and forth from Florida to New York, to countless conventions throughout the country and even to Europe. I poured my grief into making five 100 page digital photo books containing the story of our life together. I read numerous books on pet loss that explained that the loss of a pet can be worse than the loss of a person because of the incredible bond we have with them - it's a physical and emotional bond that can surpass that of another human. What I can tell you is what others have said in their posts. You must grieve and feel the pain until you can accept it and move on. You WILL eventually be able to. Just remember that you gave him the best of possible lives and that we do not have control over when we will lose them. My husband always says that Cosie is in our hearts so that she is always with us. Only time can help you with what you are experiencing. The sadness of this loss will always be with you, but you will gradually be able to get your life back. Baby would want you too. Just keep his sweet memory tucked away in your heart so that he will always be with you.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I am so sorry also.

My Wolfie died a year and a half ago on his way to be euthanized. It was horrific and yet he did it his way.
Three months later, my other dog, Star died very suddenly. She must have missed him so much.

I grieved for about a year and finally realized I was ready to have another dog be my best friend.

She isn't a Maltese since I felt the need personally to not try to recreate the magic but to take a different breed and learn about it. Fiona is a rat terrier. Now, she is eleven months old and my current best friend and constant companion.

I wish you the best future and finding solace.

~Mari

·
Registered
6 Posts

Sandy

View attachment 276198
Sandy I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even start thinking about it. I lost my baby 4 years ago. I said at the time I would never ever get another dog because the pain was unbearable, but time does heal almost everything. A little over 2 years ago, I met Teddy, a beautiful maltese puppy and I fell in love again. I felt one way to honor Memphis was to love another furry angel. Since then I've gotten Tommy and Mimi, 2 more maltese babies. I love them with all my heart and I am going to enjoy them and give them all my love for as long as we're together on this earth. I know I will see Memphis again in heaven. You will see Baby again. I know it in my heart that God will have our dogs waiting for us in heaven. Keep the faith. Sending you lots of hugs.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Sandy

View attachment 276198
Sandy, I have been exactly where you are now. We can't pretend all the platitudes about getting over it work, because they don't. I heard a great quote yesterday. "Grief lives in the heart. When grief become too much it busts out and breaks the heart." I feel this way because, I too, have lost a beloved Maltese dying in my arms. This is the worst pain of my life. He passed 8 years ago, but a strange thing happened. For some unknown reason I decided 6 months after he passed to go to my local pet store that used local breeders. I know, I know, you are not supposed to do that, but I did. I took my husband who SWORE he would never get another dog. Withing ten minutes of being in the store we had bought a Maltese pup who had an excellent pedigree. Like I said, that was 8 years ago, and we have had pure bliss from this wonderful dog. He is healthy, happy and full of joy. When I think back to my first Maltese, the pain is just like yesterday, but then I look at my little guy and the pain is lifted, somehow removed in those wonderful moments we have now. I don't believe you ever get over the loss, but you find a way to fit it into your life, and you carry on. God Bless!!

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Sandy I understand your pain. I’m very sorry you lost your sweet Baby. The only thing that helped me was time. The pain is still there but we learn to live with it. Then sweet memories come into our minds and hearts. Our lives are forever changed, that’s what is so heart wrenching.
I pray the Support Group helps you and your husband. I think it’s a good idea to go. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
We're very sadden to hear of the lost of your precious Baby. There will never be any words that would bring closure when we lost one of our precious furbaby.

Our first baby, Biscuit, we also had to let our boy go to ease his pain and suffering from the GME disease. I will always remembered our boy last breath as I hold him in my arm.

Sending hugs from Emmie and Porky.

• Sad
Reactions: edelweiss

·
Registered
10 Posts

Sandy

View attachment 276198
Hi, I am from Greece. I am sorry for your loss. What I wanted to say is that remember, you didn’t lose him. He never left, he is there with you. You may not believe it because you can’t see him with your eyes in the physical world, but he’s right there.
We humans as well as animals are just a structure of bones blood and flesh moving around from place to place in order for our brains to survive. But that’s us in the physical world. What you perceive as being you does not stop where your fingertips or toes stop, your psyche, your love, your feelings and thoughts and ideas are not physical and neither are your dog’s. So you didn’t lose him. He will always be in your heart with you and appreciate the love and adoration you were giving him.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
18,100 Posts
Hi, I am from Greece. I am sorry for your loss. What I wanted to say is that remember, you didn’t lose him. He never left, he is there with you. You may not believe it because you can’t see him with your eyes in the physical world, but he’s right there.
We humans as well as animals are just a structure of bones blood and flesh moving around from place to place in order for our brains to survive. But that’s us in the physical world. What you perceive as being you does not stop where your fingertips or toes stop, your psyche, your love, your feelings and thoughts and ideas are not physical and neither are your dog’s. So you didn’t lose him. He will always be in your heart with you and appreciate the love and adoration you were giving him.
I sent you a private msg. Please check.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts