Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so this girl that I work with who has a cute little Westie says that after a bath, she rubs a little baby powder through the fur.
I think this would be a great idea to keep Belle smelling fresh, but do you think she would lick it? Or if it would hurt her if she did?
BTW....10 more days til she's in my arms!!!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
I took Chanel to the groomers once and they put some on her. I didn't like it very much and she kept scratching herself all of the time.

~Elegant

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Sometimes i put powder on chelsey. The breeder did as well.
I used to use it to also cover the urine stains on her coat. It worked very well, except when you held her right after applying it

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
If it's the fragrance you like, there are some very fragrant detangling spray/leave in conditioners made for dogs that smell very baby-powderish and are really good for their coats. I use one called Unicoat on Sylphide and Shrek. I've tried others, but this one is my favorite. It makes the coat smell fresh and feel silky.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I can't remember if it was my breeder that told me this or not but adding baby powder to their feet was supposed to help stop the urine stains. It was to absorb the moisture and then also cover what little staining still occurred. I use it on my Malts' feet and so far so good. I've never tried it on their coat so I'm not sure about the possibility of itching.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My breeder recommended the baby powder on the belly/peepee areas and in general, keep the puppy smelling fresh/clean.

The brand/type is the J&J Corn Starch baby powder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts