Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi eveyone,

I have been unable to get any tearless shampoo for Harley, I was hoping I could get some locally, but it now looks like I will have to order online.

I have been using his regular shampoo to do his face, but the more I read on here, I see that I should be using tearless. He has never shown any signs of actually being hurt or upset when I bath him - don't get me wrong, he doesn't like it at all! but he tollerates it.

I would like to make it more pleasant for him so I though that until I can get some tearless 'dog' shampoo, I would try using (skin) baby tearless shampoo - just on his face.

Does anyone else do this? Would this not be encouraged? Should I just wait until I can get some tearless 'dog' shampoo?

Thanks!

·
Registered
939 Posts
I use baby magic foaming baby shampoo on Tiki's face, mouth and ear area. It works great and though like Harley he doesn't REALLY like his bath he tolerates it well. I also will often use a very soft childrens toothbrush with baby shampoo to gently comb the hair in the tear stain area and then rinse with a small squeeze bottle of warm water. This works very well for us.

Judi

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I use johnson & johnson's no more tears baby shampoo for kylee's face. i think it feels like its just water if it gets into her eyes and it doesnt irritate them afterwards either. it's probably a lot cheaper than special dog tearless shampoo too!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I also use johnson and johnson tearless baby shampoo! I figured it was good enough for my babies so why not a puppy?! Works great for us!
I also still use it on her entire body ~ It works better than the other shampoos I have bought, which include petsilk, biogroom, & bless the beast. I also use pantene conditioner and like it better than the dog conditioners. So far, no problems and the vet says her skin is fine!
I am, however, going to ask my groomer what shampoo she uses (it smelled like coconut ) and buy it but I will continue to use johnson & johnson on her face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts