Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am one of the hosts who will be throwing a baby shower (my first one) for my friend and wanted to know if you guys might have any suggestions for cute favor ideas? I have no idea what to get
. And what kind of games would be fun? Thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
When my daughter had her baby shower these are a couple games we did

Make a puzzle up with all the different baby things,first one done correctly wins a small token prize(set a time limit)

Take a paper plate and put in on top or your head and draw a "baby" without looking.The best baby by vote wins a small token prize. This one was alot of fun!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
OMG!! I have a great suggestion. At work we had a diaper shower (we did not tell the mom about this). There is a raffle for a gift basket. For every package of diapers (we assigned sizes) the guest got a raffle ticket. We ended up with over 400 diapers (huge stack). This was in addition to the gifts people usually bring.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jun 9 2005, 11:37 AM
OMG!!  I have a great suggestion.  At work we had a diaper shower (we did not tell the mom about this).  There is a raffle for a gift basket.  For every package of diapers (we assigned sizes) the guest got a raffle ticket.  We ended up with over 400 diapers (huge stack).  This was in addition to the gifts people usually bring.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70928
[/QUOTE]

thats such a good idea!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by puppylucy+Jun 9 2005, 11:40 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Jun 9 2005, 11:37 AM
OMG!!  I have a great suggestion.  At work we had a diaper shower (we did not tell the mom about this).  There is a raffle for a gift basket.  For every package of diapers (we assigned sizes) the guest got a raffle ticket.  We ended up with over 400 diapers (huge stack).  This was in addition to the gifts people usually bring.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70928
thats such a good idea!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70932
[/B][/QUOTE]
I don't think the lady will have to buy diapers for at least a year. It was a lady from work (first to have a baby while working her). The company went a little nuts. Only the girls were invited to the shower but the guys could do the raffle. It was a huge basket (wicker laundry basket). It was a movie themed basket. There was a blanket, couple of DVDs (cheaper ones), a popcorn popper pan, popcorn, popcorn oil, popcorn bowl, candy, etc. I think she had like $20-30 into the basket.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
They did the toilet paper game at MY shower for my son. My belly was HUGE for a 5'2" chic!!! (Both my kids were 8.5!) Anyway...each guest had to take the amount of toilet paper off the roll that they THOUGHT would fit perfect around my tummy...
the one that got the closest won!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I like the diaper raffle great idea. Another thing I have done is you buy items that can be useful for the mom-baby items, rattles, pacifiers, thermometors etc. and you set the items out on a tray and you give them say 45-60 seconds to look and then take it away and whoever remembers the most items wins and then mom gets to take home all the items in a basket. Also I always get a package of thank you cards and have each person in attendance fill out the envelope and then all the mom has to do is fill the card out and send it. Just some ideas..

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
baby food tasting contest, get some different jars and have people write down what they *think* it is...the one w/ the most correct wins prize.

Also..we were given a small piece of fabric and it was folded like a cloth diaper. Everyone who came received one...(and it was sealed w/ a safety pin)..at the end of the shower, whomever had the diaper w/ the "brown streak" won a prize :lol:

Jumble up about 25 baby related terms and make them tough. Give the people "x" time to complete...the one w/ the most correct terms wins.

That's all I can think of right now.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
For favors for my son and daughter in laws shower I went online to Yankee Candle and ordered some personalized votive candles and glass holder. They were adorable - we did the baby powder fragrance candle and had the babys name , date of the shower, and some cute little saying at the bottom. We did them in pink because we were having a girl. They were such a big hit. Also we did flower seeds--you order them online and they personalize the packet and they put a cloth diaper on the seed card with a diaper pin--SO CUTE!! You take the seeds home and you can plant them in your garden to remind you of the little one. I lover baby showers--!!
Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
A friend of mine made me a diaper wreath...it was SO cute!!!

She took a thin foam wreath circle like you get at the craft department and wrapped small size Huggies diapers around it...so all the top decorative parts of the diapers were towards the middle...(does that make sense?
)
Then she attached baby booties and pacifiers and medicine droppers and all different "liitle" necessities to the wreath and a bow...there was also a gift card attached to it. It was really cute...and I hung it in Emily's room for a long time...taking little things off as I needed them...
I thought it was original....

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
What a great idea with the wreath! Have you seen the diaper cakes too? They are very cute for a baby shower. They have them online with instructions on how to make them!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
One favor that was a big hit was a baby-themed frame and a poem written on the computer to fit inside...

Sorry I can't be with you..
to share in mommy's shower,
But you see I'm busy...
growing by the hour.
Though I'm not here to thank you..
for the special gift you brought.
My family and I are grateful ...
and appreciate the thought.
I'll be arriving shortly...
I'm as happy as can be.
So after I'm home awhile..
please come and visit me!!

Then after the baby is born a photo can be inserted.

missysmom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts