Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
yes it was me and i replied to your pm. just so everyone will get the info here is my reply: i dont think pulling would be permanent..i would ask if they plan to cauterize them or freeze them off. it wont cure the prob but will improve it...it improved parkers eyes by about 50%. and it didnt hurt parker at all. i was surprised. just make sure you get some antibitotic for the eyes to prevent infection afterwards. i spoke with my opthomology professor a couple of days ago and asked them why they get the tearing problems. he said it was conformation and the only way to fix it was an $800 surgery. using antibiotic eye drops to prevent the staining is not recomended b/c they cause the bacteria to be resistent to the antibiotics, and makes it harder to treat future infections. so just wipe the eyes everyday- everyother day to prevent the bronzing of the hair. i dont think the $800 is worth it right now...maybe i will learn to do the surgery myself...he said i could with practice but he would make it look "nicer"....anyways hope this helps everyone!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
you can kinda tell by looking at his pics the improvement we have had. some have the pink hair and others dont.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.