Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if it's just Charlie that's a bit strange at times but I've been noticing it more and more now. I buy a lot of the same toys for Charlie as he likes certain types more so than others. So I normally buy a few if they go on sale to have a endless supply of his pacifiers (not sure why but he loves the shape of them!). So right now he's got 3 stuffed pacifiers he can play with. One of the pacifiers is the original pacifier he got last xmas from my sister as his xmas gift that he babied till now which he decided one day to perform surgery on it and remove all the stuffing but keep everything else intact. He decided he wanted to spread all the stuffing in the living room floor too...:blink: His second pacifier he litterily babies (had it for a few weeks now) and won't destroy or damage it. It's as if he's perserving it for something. It's still so new it's as if we just bought it from the store. Then you've got his third pacifier that he's decided is going to take the brute force of his chewing ability (he's a heavy chewer too) and pretty much is destroyed with the rope part. He is protective of his second pacifier too as we had a friend over with his poodle and Charlie refused to let her play with his prescious 'perserved' pacifer. I just find him very cute and also a bit weird at the same time! Anybody else have malts that do this?

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
This is so funny!:HistericalSmiley:Your little Charlie is adorable. It is nice to know that he appreciates his toys so much. :blush:The pacifier is cute. I have never had a Malt quite like Charlie. They all have their own little personalities and quirky ways of doing things. That is what makes each one so special. You should post a pic of Charlie with his "passy." I would love to see it.:chili:

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Alex has sooooo many toys but he always plays with the same one. Mostly. I have stopped buying new toys. When he was younger he used to destroy the plush toys going for the noses and eyes. So I stopped buying those kind of toys. He still has plush toys but does not destroy anything anymore.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
So funny!! At least he's not like skin babies who lose their pacifiers every minute and then howl for them. Tyler's very light and gentle on his toys. It's cute though that dogs from our floor come running in our apt and grab a toy and try to run home with it. He follows them and sometimes plays tug of war. But other than that, he isn't destructive of his things or ours.:) Thankfully.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Hunter likes to "kill" his stuffed lambs but that's about it. He doesn't really play with other toys except for his Ottoman puzzle and treating toys. His lamb is his toy and he has one on each floor of hte house, one at my mom's house and 2 on reserve at all times. When they get GROSS we throw them out and substitute another one in.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
the only thing that Jodi really chews on is a nylabone, he doesn't chew on his other toys much and hardly plays with anyone of them in particular. He'll fetch them and carry them to his bed, but doesn't seem to have a favourite. I'm sure Charlie looks adorable with that pacifier.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
That is so cute about your little Charlie. I would love to see pics of him and his pacifiers. :wub: Cody is very maternal. He "mothers" his sisters and his toys. He's going on 10 yrs old, so, he's not super playful anymore. But, he's always been very gentle and caring of his things. He actually doesn't like Mandy to play with certain toys, because, she's pretty rough and tears everything apart. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
I think Matilda and Charlie should meet, :wub:when Matilda was younger she actually carried a baby pacifer in her mouth and would sleep with it, I have pictures lol
Now it's all about her ball she has many toys but it's her ball always, she doesn't share it with other dogs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts