Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started yesterday morning i gave him the Dr Harveys food about 5 minutes later he started to throw up at least 10 times .I called my Vet who said wait a while give him a few kibbles wait 15 minutes give him more food and see what happene ..I did as suggested and after throwing up about 10 times he stopped ..He ate only chicken with rice last night and all was well .This morning he did not want to eat much but did give him a few cheerios he loves them so i gave him some and he was fine.For dinner i went back to the Dr Harveys this is the second bag he has eaten since i switched from the Merrick's .Again a few minutes later he threw it all up I'm so upset i will call my vet tomorrow and if throws up anymore i have to bring him to the Hospital .I cant believe this is happening to my Baci...Please send prayers to my Baci

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
In my opinion, I'd rather not feed a dog who has thrown up for a good 8-12 hours. Water yes, food, no.

I sure hope that your precious Baci is feeling better. Hugs to you. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just gave him Pepto bismol he threw it all up .I will not give anything else until i see the Vet first thing in the morning.Im so worried sick..

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
It started yesterday morning i gave him the Dr Harveys food about 5 minutes later he started to throw up at least 10 times .I called my Vet who said wait a while give him a few kibbles wait 15 minutes give him more food and see what happene ..I did as suggested and after throwing up about 10 times he stopped ..He ate only chicken with rice last night and all was well .This morning he did not want to eat much but did give him a few cheerios he loves them so i gave him some and he was fine.For dinner i went back to the Dr Harveys this is the second bag he has eaten since i switched from the Merrick's .Again a few minutes later he threw it all up I'm so upset i will call my vet tomorrow and if throws up anymore i have to bring him to the Hospital .I cant believe this is happening to my Baci...Please send prayers to my Baci
Kathy, I am so sorry Baci is sick. Snowball is on meds now for gastritis, so I know how you feel. It does seem though that Baci throwing up ten times in the same timeframe is a lot. I hope you get in touch with your vet right away. Maybe Baci just needs to be on a bland diet for a few days.

I can share that Snowball looked as though he wasn't going to eat his plain boiled chicken at first. He sat there with his puppy doggie eyes and looked at me like what seemed like forever ... of course, his hoping that I would give in and give him something else. But, I had to keep on telling myself that I loved him too much to give in ... and, he finally ate the whole 1/4 cup of plain boiled chicken in his bowl. Just a little while ago, we made him some more chicken and he showed no interest again. So, I put a little bit on the tips of my fingers ... and, he ended up eating the rest out of his bowl. I just wanted to share this because I would be surprised if a vet tells you to continue him on any kind of food until Baci's tummy is better and you can get a diagnosis what is happening to cause him to vomit so much.

If it were me, I would not wait until tomorrow for him to see a doctor. I would want to make sure that he doesn't become dehydrated.

My prayers and positive thoughts are with you. And, please keep us updated,

Please give Baci some gentle cuddles and hugs from me. Hugs for you, too. :tender:

Marie

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im taking him in right away he just threw up all over my bed PLEASE PRAY

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I hope the vet has some answers for you and its nothing serious. Let us know how Baci is doing.
Hugs and prayers.
:grouphug:

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I hope your Baci is doing okay. Just curious...Why did you switch from Merrick's?

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh Kathy - I just read this. I'm so sorry. I'm assuming you're at the hospital right now with Baci. I hope he'll be okay. Please let us know how he's doing. I'll be home tomorrow afternoon in the city if you need me or anything.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts