Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
Some may remember me. I joined years ago when I had my beautiful Maltese girl, Sassy. We had to help Sassy cross the Rainbow Bridge July 1, 2014, due to CHF. The loss was so painful that I thought I might surely die myself. My husband said, Pat we have to get another. So we contacted Shinemore in Korea and imported a small girl which we named, Pixie. She has been with us since the last couple of days of Sept. 2014. She is a little snuggle bunny. She loves her daddy when mommy isn't home, lol. We love her to the moon and back. She is so funny and has such an endearing personality. I received some flack from some members whenever we got Pixie. It was very hurtful to me as I was still grieving the loss of Sassy and adjusting to a new puppy. Words were passed and finally I stopped coming here and I blocked those people of FB. Time has passed, and hopefully the water under the bridge has cleared. I know of some of the new pups and the loss of some of the older Malts. I am going to try to come here now as a Spoiled Maltese mom who has first hand knowledge of many aspects that concern Maltese. I would like to bury the hatchet (so to speak) with older acquaintances and just enjoy the forum. If I get responses from members who have been blocked on FB I will then go there and unblock you so you can see my page. I really do not put much on there anymore. Quarantine has lifted in FL and life is more normal. We sold our first western NC home in Cullowhee, NC and we now have a new home in Hendersonville, NC. We summer in NC and winter in FL. I hope to one day make NC our permanent home. We are currently in FL because we all 3 had dental cleaning appointments. Sadly, Pixie's appt was cancelled by the vet because their machine broke, so I have scheduled her to have her teeth cleaned with our NC vet. Anyway, Charles and I have had our dentals. He has an eye exam next week, then we will go back to my beloved NC. I know God loves NC because the skies throughout the world are NC blue. I hope to reconnect with old friends and make new friends. I will not change my name, as I will always be Sassy's mommy.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,759 Posts
Welcome back Pat! It is good to know that one can always come home & see the porch light is still on! It is also good to know that you have fallen madly in love w/Pixie & that she has been able to heal your heart. Sassy was really a beautiful dog & it must have been difficult for you to get another, but I am really happy for you.
This group has become less active since the changes as it not so easy to navigate. A lot of members only post on FB. I find it more difficult all the time to keep us w/both. I must admit that I do not post as much as I used to --not out of lack of interest but more "limitations."
Anyhow, welcome back & I hope it will be a good experience for you & Pixie! Fresh starts can be healthy!

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Sandi, I think the pandemic took a toll on a lot of people as far as being active on forums. With working from home, home schooling their children, everyone always home, it was sometimes stressful and many extra daily things to attend to. Thankfully we are retired and things did not change that much. Thank you for your response

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Welcome Pat, I don't get here very often but will try and do better. I miss seeing you and Pixie. You really need to post more pics of that beautiful girl. I look at FB but don't post much there either. I really miss the old gang and all of our adventures. Cassie is still with us and doing reasonably well. She has kidney failure but for a 15-year-old, she is doing remarkably well. Hope you, Charles, and Pixie are doing well. Remember AKC National Dog Show second weekend in December in Orlando. I plan on being there. Hope you will be too. This is an old picture of Bogie and Cassie in their prime.

·
Premium Member
Pat & Maggie (& Casey too!)
1,643 Posts
So glad to see you back on SM Pat. I don't post very often but always enjoy reading about everyone's pups. I lost my Maggie on May 11th, just two months shy of her 16th birthday. As you can imagine, my heart is broken but I know that I did the right thing for Maggie. It's so hard to lose them. I look forward to reading more about you and Pixie.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Welcome Pat, I don't get here very often but will try and do better. I miss seeing you and Pixie. You really need to post more pics of that beautiful girl. I look at FB but don't post much there either. I really miss the old gang and all of our adventures. Cassie is still with us and doing reasonably well. She has kidney failure but for a 15-year-old, she is doing remarkably well. Hope you, Charles, and Pixie are doing well. Remember AKC National Dog Show second weekend in December in Orlando. I plan on being there. Hope you will be too. This is an old picture of Bogie and Cassie in their prime. View attachment 275611

They are sooo cute ,Rita ❤❤❤

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Welcome back Pat! I am so sorry for your loss of beautiful Sassy. It is so hard.
It sounds as though Pixie is a little angel! What a cute name! I would love to see a photo of her someday.
So glad you are back!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
So glad to see you back on SM Pat. I don't post very often but always enjoy reading about everyone's pups. I lost my Maggie on May 11th, just two months shy of her 16th birthday. As you can imagine, my heart is broken but I know that I did the right thing for Maggie. It's so hard to lose them. I look forward to reading more about you and Pixie.
Oh Pat, I am so sorry for your loss of Maggie. It really is so hard - please know that I am thinking of you.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome Pat, I don't get here very often but will try and do better. I miss seeing you and Pixie. You really need to post more pics of that beautiful girl. I look at FB but don't post much there either. I really miss the old gang and all of our adventures. Cassie is still with us and doing reasonably well. She has kidney failure but for a 15-year-old, she is doing remarkably well. Hope you, Charles, and Pixie are doing well. Remember AKC National Dog Show second weekend in December in Orlando. I plan on being there. Hope you will be too. This is an old picture of Bogie and Cassie in their prime. View attachment 275611
Hi Reva, I always love seeing pictures of Bogie & Cassie. I know she has been an only for a while now. I am glad she is still do so well.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pat I think I saw on FB where you had lost Maggie, I am so sorry. For such small dogs, they sure leave large holes in our heart.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome back Pat! I am so sorry for your loss of beautiful Sassy. It is so hard.
It sounds as though Pixie is a little angel! What a cute name! I would love to see a photo of her someday.
So glad you are back!
Thank you Kathleen, Sassy's CHF was very sudden and uncontrollable, It's been 7 yrs now, and I still miss her everyday. I will post a picture of Pixie soon. It is eerie how much she and Sassy look so much alike.

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,940 Posts
Sorry at the loss of precious Sassy.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Hi, nice to see you here again! And that Pixie has filled your lives an 20201118_123505 cropped.jpg d hearts so well. I'm not around much at all. I lost 3 senior dogs within 4 months several years ago and don't have much to add. However, I agreed to foster a senior, neglected Maltese in July of 2019 but was adamant it would just be for a short time. So, guess what ... I fell for her and believed that in light of her history, she should stay with me. She was on AMAR's 2021 calendar. Janie, my littlest of my 4 rescue dogs. They keep me busy, especially during the pandemic when they think I am all theirs and my role in life is to meet all their demands. :giggle:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts