Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pico and I got back yesterday and we are both just pooped! The difference is that he can lay around sleeping all day and I have to unpack, clean house, shop for groceries, etc.

I had the oddest ebay experience. If you read the original post I was looking for an out-of-season Wilton pan set and found one on ebay in Ft. Lauderdale, just 20 minutes from where I was staying in Boca Raton. When the seller wouldn't let me just pick it up after paying w/paypal I had her mail it to my daughter's house.

Well, the wrong pan arrived! My daughter pulled up myebay on her computer and there, big as day, was the 2 pc pan set that I wanted in the "You won" window! I emailed the seller about the mixup and at 2 am the next morning received an email from her with a link to the ebay page showing that I "won" the 1 pc pan that she sent me and that I didn't want. How could that be? I'll probably never know but it was way too late to get the right pan set sent to me (I kept referring to the "2 pc pan set" and "the set" and "the pans" in my emails to her prior to her mailing the pan but she never picked up on the discrepancy) and I would have had to pay another $10 to send the wrong one back and get the right one sent so what was the point?

So I tried to improvise the "Gothic Head on a Platter" with the single pan but I made a mess of the cake by putting too little batter in the pan and it scortched on the edges and was raw in the middle so I chucked it and went out and got an Ice Cream Cake from Baskin=Robbins!

I emailed Ebay and the seller about this just to get an explanation so I don't go through it again but no response from either. The seller could care less cause she made a sale and it is a small-potatoes deal for ebay, too so I just have to chalk it up to learning to PLAN A HEAD!

Had a great time in Florida though it rained every day and was steamy when it wasn't raining. Mosquitoes are bad, now because they've had like 12 inches of rain. My daughter and I shopped for rugs, curtains, picture shelves, and the like and ironed curtains, hung rods (ugh!) hung curtains, hated curtains, returned curtains, bought new curtains, ironed curtains, hung curtains, painted picture frames, hung shelves to put pictures on, put bookcase together, argued with Sears over delivery of outdoor dining set, unpacked and set up dining set on lanai, hung paper lanterns around the bar, cooked, and refereed Cocoa the Cat and Pico the Maltese to keep them separated and every evening, opened a bottle of wine and chilled out by the pool.

Neither of us knows when to stop when we get on projects and I just have to leave or we'd still be at it.

Glad to be back home, though, and catching up on SM!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Welcome back! Sounds like u had a nice trip. I know I have family in Fla. and they have been telling me about the rain.

Peechie's Mom - Karen

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Welcome home! Trips are fun but it is always nice to be back home. (Even if we do have to do all the cleaning, washing, shopping, etc.)

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Awwh....sorry to hear about the cake. But I bet the icecream cake was great!! :lol:

You really did a lot on your trip!! Sounds like you had fun though.
........But there's no place like home.

-c

1 - 6 of 6 Posts