Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you all know that I made it back to New Mexico. Thank goodness for Theresa's help. I could not have done this trip without her. It was truly exhausting for me. She took care of Lacie and Tilly and I only had to deal with Secret. Actually once in the plane, Lacie and Secret were in one carrier under the seat and Tilly was in the other by herself.

Theresa insisted that I be taken in a wheelchair because of the distance in the airports. Heck -- I felt like an invallid. :w00t::w00t: But I'm kind of glad she insisted because I'm just exhausted right now. Normally this trip is a breeze -- so -- yes, I guess my body still has a ways to go.

Everyone keeps reminding me that this was major surgery even if done laporscopically. I think that I thought I would just get up and everything would be healthy again. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Hasn't quite been that easy. :blink:

The girls have thoroughly checked out the house, the toys, the yard, their beds and their princess houses. Guess all was OK because they're now laying by me in the chair.

Theresa went to the grocery store to get a few items and will then make dinner for the girls and some for us too. I'm doing soup with veggies and chicken noodle, etc. as well as eggs, mashed potatos and other soft foods. JELLO is my friend. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm off the pain meds which is good. :chili::chili:

Have looked at a few emails from the office and have spoken to my boss -- well he's my temp (interim) boss until we find a new VP for New Mexico.

Theresa has been a god send. And, of course, I owe Ellen and her (my) family big time for all their help. But, I've been there for Ellen too on many, many occasions. :) I miss living closer to her, though.

And now to the bad part. DH is going downhill again very rapidly. His heart seemed to be doing better for a few months, but he's probably going to end up back in the hospital again. He has an appointment with his cardiologist later in the week -- but he's back into congestive heart failure. :angry: But as Scarlett always said -- "I won't think about that today -- I'll think about that tomorrow."

And it's really cold here. Of course I had turned the heat down while I was gone, but the temp from Southern California to here is very noticable. I have the fireplace going at the moment and am under a down comforter with the girls. They all have on t-shirts 'cause they're cold too. :unsure:

Now I'm off to la-la land. :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
17,467 Posts
Welcome Home Lynn & babies---sweet dreams!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Awww, sweet dreams, Lynn. So glad you made it back safe and sound and that you have Theresa taking such good care of you. It's wonderful that you get back what you give...lots of love and caring. Please take it easy. It was major surgery. Happy you and the girls are snuggling. Getting a house that's been on minimal heat up to warm and cozy takes time-- always happens when we go to our house in VT. Freezing at first, then just cold and finally warm and comfy but it takes a day or two for it to really be absorbed I think. We have a caretaker turn on the heat the day of our arrival. :thumbsup: Good to have you back.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
You're home already? Wow, that 's great news, I'm glad you are home and getting settled in and mostly that you have theresa there with you. Yes, what a godsend, and I'm so sorry to hear about Jerry. That's so sad, I'll be saying prayers for you both. Take care Lynn.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
I am so glad you made it back home, safely and you are all doing well. I would be tired, too, after what you went through. Everyone is different when it comes to how their bodies respond after surgery. Give yourself time. I will be praying for your husband. Stay warm!:wub:

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
I'm so glad that you are home safe with your babies, Lynn.

Airline travel for many folks is simply not as pleasant and glamorous as it was years ago. I hear so many friends say it is downright exhausting ... crowded airports and airlines overbooked ... and, crowded seating. (the last few times I traveled, I booked first class, just to fly more comfortably) So, it's great that you listened to Theresa and made good use of the wheelchair.

I'm so happy you have had family and friends there to help you, Lynn. It takes a little while to recover, so please continue to be good to yourself and let others help you as much as possible. You will heal faster.

I am sorry to hear the news about your husband.

I wish you very pleasant and sweet dreams, dear friend.

Love and Hugs ... :wub::wub:

Marie

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Welcome home, sweet Lynn.

Try and rest as much as you can, while you have the help.

I'm so sorry to hear about Jerry's decline.

Hugs,

Allie

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Glad to hear it Lynn! It's so good that you have a friend who understands the importance of your girls. I know you were able to focus on your recovery since they were there and safe with you.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Wow Lynn it must feel good to be home again! I am glad the trip went relatively well. So sorry to hear of Jerry's declining health. :-( I hope the doctors can help him recover a bit of strength.

Stay warm and enjoy that soup!

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
Lynn - welcome home! I'm glad you are doing better but I am so sorry to hear that hubby is not. You are right - right now it is one day at a time. Take care!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh Lynn, I am so glad you are home. It is going to take time to heal...I told you my son in law, who is in his middle 30's thought it was going to be a breeze when he had his gallbladder out. He came home and he was just astounded that it took him so long to feel better. He thought he would be back at work in a week. I think he got back in 2 1/2 weeks and it took him longer than that to feel up to par. So go with the flow and just know it will take time but one day before you know it, you will be back to your old self. So very sorry to hear about Jerry. His daughter will take care of him and you can talk by phone. Keep that appetite up and that will nourish you and get your stength back.....I know the babies are glad to be home too!!! Please keep us posted and get plenty of rest!! Sending my love and warm thoughts to you!!!:wub:

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Lynn, I'm glad you made it home safe and sound and that you have such a wonderful young lady to help you. She really does sound like a godsend. You take care and get lots of rest. I'm sure you'll be up and running in no time, you just need to rest now and run later. :thumbsup:
I'm so sorry to hear that Jerry isn't doing well. Please let us know when you hear more about his condition.
Hugs! :grouphug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts