Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got home from the Nationals in Atlanta yesterday afternoon and I can't tell you how awesome it was to meet so many SM members and see (and hold, and play with) their beautiful Maltese. I had gone down to Atlanta for work so got there Thursday and had to come home Saturday (missed DS's birthday on Friday) so I couldn't bring Tyler and I knew I wouldn't see much of the show, but still knew this was going to be great. And it was.:party: I had the best time.:chili::chili:

It was hysterical how we would meet someone from SM and give our name (blank stare :blush:), give our avatar (some recognition :huh:) and then give our fluffs' name(s) (the OMG moment when it all clicked :Happy_Dance:). And we got to meet spouses, family members and significant others as well.

Hats off to Cat (Emma'sMommy) for organizing so much of this for us (many of us were carrying our cheat sheets) the rosters Cat produced and the pizza party was so much fun with so many of us squashed in her room with dogs abounding. :partytime: It was the ultimate Maltese Meet Up. And I got to be honorary aunt to some of them as SMers took pity on me being Tyler-less. Thanks so much.:grouphug: I needed those cuddles and face licks.

Most of all I have to say that our members are some of the sweetest, funniest, smartest, loving people you'd ever want to meet and I felt like I was leaving my family when I had to go.:smcry: But on the other hand I'm so happy to have had the opportunity to meet them. :hugging:

I did catch Obedience and got to see the talented and beautiful Soda and mom Jamie compete. Soda is amazing and at one point where owners leave the room, the two other Malts are supposed to sit or lie, the others were not that attentive, but Soda looked absolutely regal. Kudos to Jamie for all the work and love she puts into Soda. Hoping that our members and our fluff's breeders who were showing, did well. I did get to meet Tyler's half sister there and give her extra loving.:smootch:

I'm also happy that I got home in one piece. Had a white knuckle landing. :new_shocked: Lots of turbulence with high winds in NYC, then as we were prepared to land the captain suddenly pulled the plane up. He told us the runway we were about to land on still had a plane that was about to take off. :w00t: Am happy to be around to see Mother's Day:)

I'm hoping to post a few pictures and some video I shot. I wish all of our members could have been there since I know every one of you would be just like the members I met. :you rock:

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Sounds like everyone is having a blast! I would love to see Jackie and Sodie in action. I did see some stills of that long stay - nice! Thanks for the recap and most of all thankfully that you made it home in one piece - I've never flown and that sounded very scary!!!!

Linda

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
WOHOO Sue:chili: VERY happy to read that you had an AWESOME time, meeting up with other SMers and their darling maltese:wub::wub::chili: sounds like it was a fun filled event. I bet that it felt like you were in maltese heaven :D:wub: I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PICTURES AND VIDEOS !!!! Hurry....hurry !!!

I bet that it feels good to be back to Tyler again :wub: and that he greeted you excitedly ^_^

hugs
Kat

ps. I don't like flights with bad turbulence. I had the worse experience with terrible turbulence in my life when flying from Montana to Denver, US - at some point, everyone in that plane thought that: that was it!!! we were going down in no time - not nice of a experience!!!
I'm very happy that you are back home, safe and sound with a sweet memory to have and share of your meet up with few other dear SMers:wub:.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
So thankful you got home in one piece, Sue. Very scary. Can't wait to see pictures.
xoxoxooxoxoxo

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
It was great to meet you Sue!! I had so much FUN!!! I can't wait for the 2011 Nationals!! Hopefully instead of watching, we get to participate.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!
How great that must have been, to meet so many SM members!
AND their gorgeous fluffs!
And you even got to see the Obedience.
Glad you had a great time & got home safely!
Back in time to see your Tyler for Mother's Day.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
It was great to meet you, Susan!

I just arrived home.

I had a wonderful time. The dogs in Conformation and Obedience were gorgeous. The SM people and the other Malt people are awesome. It was great to finally meet some SM members in person, and see some of them in the events. It was as if we'd known each other forever. :) Yes, Susan put it very well. SM people are the nicest, friendliest people you'd ever want to meet.

A very sweet moment was the Parade of Rescues today. Not a dry eye in the house. Especially when Reva (Bogie and Cassie's mom) presented her beautiful Cassie.

I totally forgot to take photos, but many others took them. Next year it is in Dallas/Fort Worth. I guess I'll have to figure out a way to attend that one too!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I am home too, it was so nice to see you all! Even if I was just in and out of the pizza party (had all four kids in there pj's for pizza too! Thanks Cat...LOVE the pink satin pj's!) Marina and Malayah wanted to go downstairs to practice so I didn't socialize at the party at all...sorry! :-(

·
Premium Member
6,772 Posts
OH Susan! It was great to meet you!! You are such a sweetheart! I too was very happy and wanted to Thank Cat for making the rooster, it was a huge help!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm back too! It was a lot of fun and the experience of my first show was very interesting. I loved watching those gorgeous show dogs altho I missed most the show cuz we went shopping. So many nice things the vendors were selling! :HistericalSmiley:

Sue it was so nice to meet you! I wish you had brought Tyler but hey that gives us more reason to see eachother again! :chili:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Susan,

It was so nice for Moxie and I to have met you. Sorry to hear about your landing. It was also a rough landing me me too. Moxie was great though.

Wish we could have spent some more time, but let's make plans to get together in the city soon.
You have my phone and I have yours!

(just got home about 1 hour ago)

xxoo
Leslie & Moxie

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
It was hysterical how we would meet someone from SM and give our name (blank stare :blush:), give our avatar (some recognition :huh:) and then give our fluffs' name(s) (the OMG moment when it all clicked :Happy_Dance:).
LOL yep you've got it exactly! Too funny!
I enjoyed meeting you at the pizza party too, that was so much fun! (Even if Perri didn't think so LOL)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts