Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we are all back home and back to reality now! -_-
We went to East Tennessee and stayed in that great cabin...Brink went with us and we all had a great time! He had to stay alone longer than I ever anticipated b/c our cabin was quite a ways up the mountain and was not real convenient to go "check on him". But he made it like a trooper and acted like a real good boy!!!

When we got back from there, we came back home and then the kids and I left to go visit family in Oklahoma. Brink stayed here with hubby...but had to have a sitter come and take care of him a few nights when hubby had business meeting. She tried to take him to her house to stay with her dogs because she knew I really preferred for him not to stay alone...but he didn't act very nice.
She is very tolerant and I know if she brought him back home, he had to have been being a real bully. She told my hubby that he had her deaf Yorkie, Titan, pinned to the ground by the NECK! :eek: (Not MY sweet baby!
) I keep trying to convince myself that it was b/c he was in a new place, mommy had left him....he was out of sorts...
but I don't know...I think he is just a big bully!

I want another girl dog SO badly, but his dog aggression really makes me second guess it! Hubby says he would probably adjust eventually....our cats didn't all get along at first, but they have learned to co-exist now...

Anyway, he was REALLY glad to see me after being away from him for five days!
What a great homecoming greeting I got!

Glad to be back and catch up on some posts....maybe some people realized I was AWOL and missed me
I read some while I was at my sisters...I missed some drama...that is for sure!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Glad you had a good time!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I can't believe you went came to OK and didn't tell me lol

Where in OK did you go to?

Brinkley's sound so funny...I bet he was just tring to say I am the boss around here lol

I am a little worried about my cat and dog but I guess she will adjust.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by HollyHobbie@Jul 21 2005, 11:49 AM
I can't believe you went came to OK and didn't tell me lol

Where in OK did you go to?

Brinkley's sound so funny...I bet he was just tring to say I am the boss around here lol

I am a little worried about my cat and dog but I guess she will adjust.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83350
[/QUOTE]

We went to Tulsa, Broken Arrow, and Inola...

And Brinkley IS the boss around here...ha ha...at least hubby says he is...

It is somewhat embarrassing that he went for a sleepover and tried to be the boss of THAT house too!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Welcome Back,you know I missed ya for sure! Dont be too hard on the Brinkster!I told ya ,he was just wron out from vac. & wanted to be left alone!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Glad your back!! I've missed reading your post!
I don't blame the Brinkster--he got to go with you on vacation the first week--and he knew you went on another vacation and he didn't get to go....
just like a kid huh? ha ha...seriously though glad to have you back. :D

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Jul 21 2005, 11:56 AM

It is somewhat embarrassing that he went for a sleepover and tried to be the boss of THAT house too!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83354
[/QUOTE]

Just like a kid. LOL...

I was in Tulsa not long ago...hope you got to so some fun things....the aquarium is so cool. We also went to Bell's amusement park my kids are still kinda small so it was the perfect size for them not to big and scary. lol

We also went to the zoo but I think it has been down hill in the last 10 years but maybe because we have been to the Fort Worth Zoo a few times and it is amazing.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by HollyHobbie+Jul 21 2005, 12:56 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Jul 21 2005, 11:56 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83354

Just like a kid. LOL...

I was in Tulsa not long ago...hope you got to so some fun things....the aquarium is so cool. We also went to Bell's amusement park my kids are still kinda small so it was the perfect size for them not to big and scary. lol

We also went to the zoo but I think it has been down hill in the last 10 years but maybe because we have been to the Fort Worth Zoo a few times and it is amazing.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83374
[/B][/QUOTE]

We went to visit family, so we didn't do anything fun like that!
We went to the mall and Toys-R-us! :D

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Woodlawn Hills mall is great...i love that mall...but my kids just want to spend all the time in Build A Bear

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I just read that Toby Keith opened a restaurant in Okla. City called -I love this bar & grill....has anyone been there yet? Actually I think it just opened.....

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@Jul 21 2005, 07:37 PM
I just read that Toby Keith opened a restaurant in Okla. City called -I love this bar & grill....has anyone been there yet? Actually I think it just opened.....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83483
[/QUOTE]

I'm this huge TK fan and his new restaurant is about 35 mins from my best friends house. I haven't been yet but I did go when they were working on it.

It is in bricktown and it is so cool down there. I can't wait to go. Maybe soon when it isn't 105 at 8 at night still hehehe

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
welcome back!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Welcome back. Glad Brink did good on the camping trip. Does he get together with other dogs very often? Maybe he needs a play group....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Jul 21 2005, 08:45 PM
Welcome back.  Glad Brink did good on the camping trip.  Does he get together with other dogs very often?  Maybe he needs a play group....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83498
[/QUOTE]

It wasn't really "camping"....but he still did well on the vacation part...

He doesn't get together with dogs very often...except our Lab and Bassett, and he intimidates the Lab and the Bassett ignores him.

I guess maybe I need to get him around more dogs, but he acts so ugly when we do, that I am apprehensive about it. -_-

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hello Traci! Welcome back! Sure hope you enjoyed the smokies

Did you enjoy the Dixie Stampede? Any pictures?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by scottchelf@Jul 23 2005, 06:31 AM
Hello Traci!  Welcome back!  Sure hope you enjoyed the smokies

Did you enjoy the Dixie Stampede?  Any pictures?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=83919
[/QUOTE]

We LOVED vacation in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg!!!
I mentioned before about the cabin being higher up the mountain than I liked, but you live/learn...next time I will know what to ask.

To be honest, we went to NONE of the shows! Can you believe it? :eek:
The first night we just ate and rode around....
Sunday we went to Dollywood ALL day-even ate dinner at the buffet in the park!!
Monday we went to the Aquarium and walked around Gatlinburg. Then we ate at Bennetts BBQ (Yummy!) and went to The Track and rode rides and go-carts till LATE!
Tuesday we went to Splash Country. Then went back to the cabin to change/shower. Went back out to eat at Boston's Shrimp Bucket (I DO NOT recommend it!) Then we went back to The Track again to do some more rides and play putt-putt! (We loved the Wild Woody Go-Cart Track!)
Wednesday we went BACK to Dollywood to do some little things we didn't do the first day...we ate at the Old Mill restaurant that night (HIGHLY recommended!)...then we went back to the cabin to start packing up.
People think we are nuts b/c we didn't do any of the shows, but we were all entertained and tired without it...

When we left on Thursday, we stopped in Seveirville to eat breakfast at the Apple Barn (YUMMMMMMMMMM!)...and then stopped in Knoxville at some UT stores and headed home. It was a fun vacation...we will go again in another couple years. The kids had a great time...and we did too....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts