Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple pictures I got of Fantasia on the back of the couch. She usually just sits or lays on the back of the couch but she decided to lay on Big Red Dog today (he's always on the back of the couch).

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys.
She has jumped off the far side twice onto the floor (not onto the cushions side) and since it's so high it freaked us out both times. We tried to keep her off the back of the couch but she just jumps right back up there after we shoo her off. I don't understand why she likes it back there so much. We were going to get those Chinese walls but figured since they have to be in a zig zag instead of straight across, she wouldn't care that they were there and still jump up there and probably knock the walls down. She didn't learn how to climb couches until she went to my brothers house and she climbed theirs. Theirs has huge pillows for their couch back and she loves to sit on top of pillows.
So we gave up on trying to get her to stay off the back of the couch.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Apr 28 2005, 08:39 PM
Thanks guys. 
  She has jumped off the far side twice onto the floor (not onto the cushions side) and since it's so high it freaked us out both times.  We tried to keep her off the back of the couch but she just jumps right back up there after we shoo her off.  I don't understand why she likes it back there so much.  We were going to get those Chinese walls but figured since they have to be in a zig zag instead of straight across, she wouldn't care that they were there and still jump up there and probably knock the walls down.  She didn't learn how to climb couches until she went to my brothers house and she climbed theirs.  Theirs has huge pillows for their couch back and she loves to sit on top of pillows.
So we gave up on trying to get her to stay off the back of the couch.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57803
[/QUOTE]

Ahh Jodi great photos of Fantasia!!.. but going thru what we are with Missy.. and her back..please try to curb this.. or maybe put some cushions on the floor on the back side of the couch to help 'break' any fall or 'jump' she might do. With the fragile knees it can be such a danger but worse yet. ...disc issues like Missy got..and she wasn't much of a jumper.. just did it a few times and enough to 'do her in".
Terry and Missy

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Great pictures of Fantasia. They love to get up there. They can see better what's around them. Alex not only lays' on there, he stands up there and looks out the window and of course barks if he sees something.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts