Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I am a "momma in waiting", I was wanting to make some of my own hair bows for Sisse. I have seen tons on great websites that sell them, but I just wanted to give it a try on my own. Can someone please post a picture of the front and back of one you have so I can see the construction?? Since I can't "knit little things" I thought I would make some bows!! Thank you!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I have actually started making them on my own and I must say, I am very pleased with the results.

What I did is take apart one from Val whose charm had broken, then used the pieces for a pattern. You can see how it's constructed then, too. I think that would be easier than trying to figure it out from a picture.

They are fun to make and really inexpensive. You'll need ribbon and fray check and stiffener, and charms or beads, that's it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I will purchase one and rip it apart !! I did read somewhere that the bows with the "charms" that dangle aren't that great as the charm gets tangled in their fur......I can see by the size of them that they can't take much as far as material goes, I do imagine they take some time. I like alot of them I saw on various websites, and they were not really that expensive. I just have the time in the evenings and would like to make my own. Thanks for the tips!!
The one you made for Lady in the picture is really cute, love the Santa!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I can't take credit for Lady's santa bow. It was from Molly Maries Pretties.

Let me look at home and see if I have one I could send you to take apart. I have a few that she doesn't wear and a few I made that I ended up finding cuter ribbon to match the charm and redid. If you send me a personal message with your address, I'd be happy to send one to you to use for a pattern.

When does Sisse arrive?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's ok, don't send one. I did some googling and found a website that sold an entire "kit" including directions, ribbon etc. So I got that!! Sisse is 8 1/2 weeks today, so we have a bit more time to wait. I am having a hard time waiting though, I have to admit that much !! We are told she is the one and ONLY "trouble maker" in the litter!! Looks like we'll have our hands full with that little girl. We already have a Vet, Groomer, registered for a puppy socialization class and all that good stuff. I don't think I was this ready for my babies when they came along !!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Is that Sissie in the picture under your name?? She's adorable. We too are waiting for our little girl to be ready to come home. Do you live near Sissie? We have to take a 4 hour drive to visit our IzzyBella. We are going to see her on Feb 2nd, our anniversary and I'm hoping to bring her home to live with us on Feb 14th, Valentine's Day. Tell me more about your Sissie. Our furbabies will grow up together.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh please, just ask and I will talk your ear off about Sisse!! Yes, that is her in the picture, she is 10 1/2 weeks old today, only 1 1/2WEEKS TO WAIT!! We are just crazy about her. She seems to recognize us now, we are able to see her 2x a week. We have taken things that have our "smell" on them to her when we go so she knows us. We are just so excited.....I don't think I was as ready for my 2 legged kids!! I got teased because I "interviewed" the VET!! My family thinks I am nuts and my sister said "next she'll be having the VET fingerprinted"!! Ummmm...never thought of that, might look into it. I have a great picture I found on the Teddy Bear cut I would like to keep her in, not clipped off, but shorter. We live in a very hot climate and it just would not be comfortable for her with a long coat at 110 degrees!! I have the picture in her crate along with her new bed and everything else!! We will have to start comparing pictures!! This website has been so helpful and has really made me relax a little about bringing such a small one home. She is up to 1.5 lbs. now and eating like a cow!! At first I didn't even want her because I was so freaked out about everything that could happen. But I have been doing lots of reading, educating myself and asking questions here. Feeling a bit better about it!! Thanks for asking.....

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Jan 28 2005, 03:39 PM

Oh please, just ask and I will talk your ear off about Sisse!!  Yes, that is her in the picture, she is 10 1/2 weeks old today, only 1 1/2WEEKS TO WAIT!!  We are just crazy about her.  She seems to recognize us now, we are able to see her 2x a week.  We have taken things that have our "smell" on them to her when we go so she knows us.  We are just so excited.....I don't think I was as ready for my 2 legged kids!!  I got teased because I "interviewed" the VET!!  My family thinks I am nuts and my sister said "next she'll be having the VET fingerprinted"!!  Ummmm...never thought of that, might look into it.  I have a great picture I found on the Teddy Bear cut I would like to keep her in, not clipped off, but shorter.  We live in a very hot climate and it just would not be comfortable for her with a long coat at 110 degrees!!  I have the picture in her crate along with her new bed and everything else!!  We will have to start comparing pictures!!  This website has been so helpful and has really made me relax a little about bringing such a small one home.  She is up to 1.5 lbs. now and eating like a cow!!  At first I didn't even want her because I was so freaked out about everything that could happen.  But I have been doing lots of reading, educating myself and asking questions here.  Feeling a bit better about it!!  Thanks for asking.....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32144
[/QUOTE]

She sounds adorable. I would love to see the picture of the teddy bear cut. I'm always looking for cute cuts.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Jan 28 2005, 04:39 PM

Oh please, just ask and I will talk your ear off about Sisse!!  Yes, that is her in the picture, she is 10 1/2 weeks old today, only 1 1/2WEEKS TO WAIT!!  We are just crazy about her.  She seems to recognize us now, we are able to see her 2x a week.  We have taken things that have our "smell" on them to her when we go so she knows us.  We are just so excited.....I don't think I was as ready for my 2 legged kids!!  I got teased because I "interviewed" the VET!!  My family thinks I am nuts and my sister said "next she'll be having the VET fingerprinted"!!  Ummmm...never thought of that, might look into it.  I have a great picture I found on the Teddy Bear cut I would like to keep her in, not clipped off, but shorter.  We live in a very hot climate and it just would not be comfortable for her with a long coat at 110 degrees!!  I have the picture in her crate along with her new bed and everything else!!  We will have to start comparing pictures!!  This website has been so helpful and has really made me relax a little about bringing such a small one home.  She is up to 1.5 lbs. now and eating like a cow!!  At first I didn't even want her because I was so freaked out about everything that could happen.  But I have been doing lots of reading, educating myself and asking questions here.  Feeling a bit better about it!!  Thanks for asking.....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32144
[/QUOTE]

Is there anyway you can show me or tell me what a teddy bear cut is? Your pup is so cute. I am getting my new baby in about 4 weeks and can't wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts