Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry when i joined I posted on the wrong place to indroduce myself :eek: So i want to do this right! My name is Sheila & I have two babies,Bailey who is 1 and a half is a Maltese Bichon,and Kirby who is 6 months a Maltese baby. I loved Bailey so much I just had to have a full Maltese
Anyway ,I m sorry i posted in the wrong place,I didnt want to make anyone mad,I just love this place and Im always running into the puter every few min. when im frree to read the posts. Hubby syas he hasent spent any free time with me since i joined
.HAHA I look forwrd to makeing friends with you all
!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
hi and welcome ...its okay to put it in the wrong spot..just tell joe and he will move it for u
your babies are precious..cant wait to hear more

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
O your furbabies are soooo cute! I want two :D

Tell me, is your Maltie Bichon mix a lot like your Maltese? Could you describe how they are similar and how they are different. Not in looks, but in personality and behavior. The one thing that has me forever sold on Malts is their personality...

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Dec 11 2004, 02:18 PM
O your furbabies are soooo cute!  I want two  :D

Tell me, is your Maltie Bichon mix a lot like your Maltese?  Could you describe how they are similar and how they are different.  Not in looks, but in personality and behavior.  The one thing that has me forever sold on Malts is their personality...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22133
[/QUOTE]
They are alot alike.They have the same personalities i think.Bailey is totaly MY boy and Kikby is to a degree .I wish though he was more that way too ,i hope its cause he's still a puppy. Bailey is a little bigger 12 lbs. (little porker ) and Kirby was 5 lbs last vet visit I had to get Kirby because of Bailey's loving and sweet personality ,i was scared it was the Bichon in him but it wasent because Kirby is the same.Maltese rock.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
All the Bichons I have ever met have been absolutely lovely, as well. When we were considering a puppy, we spent a lot of time deliberating between a Bichon or a Malt.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Dec 11 2004, 03:43 PM
All the Bichons I have ever met have been absolutely lovely, as well.  When we were considering a puppy, we spent a lot of time deliberating between a Bichon or a Malt.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22154
[/QUOTE]
Yeah we're lucky ,we got the best of both

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Welcome. Before I got Lacey I looked into getting a bichon. My husbands exwife has one and when she goes on vacation we babysit (doggysit) for her. Her bichon seems to have the same loving attitude that a maltese has. Only difference is the bicon is bigger and to me looks a little like a poodle. I personally prefer the straight hair of a maltese and Lacey has a cuter face then a bichon.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
haha, more than one of us here at SM is backwards so dont sweat it, welcome

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hi there. You'll have lots in common with the people here. I have a 10 y/o bichon and a 5 month maltese. I'm finding lots of similarities. The biggest difference seems to be size and hair. Personalities are really similar. We adore both. Glad you are here.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Dec 12 2004, 12:39 AM
Hi there.  You'll have lots in common with the people here.  I have a 10 y/o bichon and a 5 month maltese.  I'm finding lots of similarities.  The biggest difference seems to be size and hair.  Personalities are really similar.  We adore both.  Glad you are here.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22223
[/QUOTE]
:D I think Bailey has most of the Maltese traits. Hair etc. But I would love him if he looked like the Bichon in him too
They are both great breeds

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com@Dec 11 2004, 03:17 PM
Welcome, we don't throw people out for making a mistake. You don't have to be afraid here  (like some other places that will threten your family). 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22159
[/QUOTE]
LOL!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Aww! That's so cool that you have a malt/bichon mix! I also considered a bichon for a little, but like someone else said, i like the straight hair on the malt.
My breeder has a both a bichon and a malt, and when i went to visit her, both the bichon and malt were so so cute and fighting for my attention like crazy! They are both wonderful breeds, and like you said, you got the best of both!

In fact, both of my 3 yr old neices (twins) loooove Coconut and have been carrying around their stuffed puppies since they met her, so i wanted to get them puppies that looked like Coconut, so i found Babette the Bichon by Douglas Cuddle Toys and it looks JUST like a baby malt! They even have little bags to carry them in that i got, too.
Ahhh, like usual, i digress.... haha.
But, WELCOME!! You will love it here!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts