Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 4-month yr old maltese in for a trim. He had long gorgeous fluffy hair. I told the groomer I only wanted 1 inch taken off(he had 6 inches). When I went to pick up my puppy, the groomer cut all his hair off!! He only has a quarter inch of hair on him. You can see his pink skin through the hair now. Does anyone know how fast maltese hair grows? I was horrified when I saw what the groomer had done and I am hoping his hair grows back fast!!
Also, does anyone know of any vitamins or anything I can give to him that will make his hair grow quickly?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Jill, I can't tell you how many times I have taken Matilda in for a haircut (with pictures) and have come back to find her ears cut off:angry: and shaved down to her skin:angry: Matilda's hair grows very slow, it took her almost two weeks befors she looked like my girl again.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm a groomer and would NEVER do that because I would be so upset if someone did it to one of mine!! But we have groomer around here that just don't want to brush the dogs out so they just tell the owner they were matted and they shave them! I give mine Pet Tabs it's just a vitamin and our yorkie had a terrible coat when we first got him and it is so long and shiny now so I think that helped alot. Most of my maltese come in every 5 - 6 weeks for a trim so they are a breed that grow slower than some of the others do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts