Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY PUPPY IS ONLY 3 MONTHS AND HAS ALREADY DEVELOPED BAD HABITS WITH HIS "FRIEND" MR. BEAR IS THIS NORMAL, HE'S JUST A BABY.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
yes its normal...dogs even females will hump things to display dominance. he is just telling Mr' Bear he is boss :D

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
As Lady M, says it's normal behavior and he's just showing his dominance over Mr. Bear.

Your "baby" will be sexually mature pretty soon, though. Have you spoken to your vet about when to neuter him? Most people agree that if it is done as early as it can be done safely, there is less chance that males will develop other bad behavior, as you call it, like marking. Six months is the norm, I think, but I know some vets are doing it even earlier, at 5 or even 4 months. With a Maltese, a lot depends on their size.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley did this often before neutering...afterwards...I think he has only done it once to the cat and once to me.
With correction, he stopped and hasn't done it again...after neutering it will probably happen less..

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah, its normal. but if you want him to stop...distract him to do something else. do it now before he starts doing it A LOT and in front of company. lol

·
Registered
568 Posts
Rudy never humped until after he was neutered.He did it to our poor old cat and once to me. :eek: He hasn't done it since.Thank God.You may have to get puppy a smaller bear!LOL

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Sampson has a Garfield stuffed animal he is mighty "friendly" with

·
Registered
3,287 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
You guys are really a riot
this thread started when I was out of town and I have just gotten caught up here!! I cannot tell you how bad my day has been and then this!!! You all are the best!!! Thanks for the good laugh, I have tears running down my face...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts