Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone this question has probably been asked before (I'm new here) what do you do with your 13 week olds hair? He looks like a big poof ball with spikes sticking out all over his head (lol). I do brush him every day. The hair on his head is just crazy. It doesn't seem to all grow the same direction. I have noticed that the majority of your dogs are cut short and I would love to let him grow out. His hair is definitly not silky yet still puppy hair. He seems to have more wooly hair not curly like a poodle just straight and full.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hello...I put Chanel's hair up in a baby rubber band and I bought human baby clips. Then I saw Mee's mini jaw-like clips and have been using those!

~Elegant

·
Registered
493 Posts
Me too!
I use just little bands with ribbons to pull Abby's hair out of her face. I also do the proper little topknots with the waxed paper most days because they seem to stay in better (she pulls the others out
)

If you are concerned, because your puppy is a boy, you can always buy snag free little bands that are clear. When you pull his hair back, just fix it so it sits down on his head instead of up in the air like a fountain. People will barely notice!

Word of warning, Abby is 13 weeks old too, and her "eyebrow" (that's what I call it anyway) is still a little short, if I get it back, she rubs her paw over it and pulls it back down so she looks like a mini "Oscar the Grouch" (I call her Mummy's little Groucho when she does this
) ... but it looks heaps better with the top bit pulled out of her face and it's better for keeping her eyes clean too!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by chiefsmom@Oct 28 2004, 06:09 PM
Ok everyone this question has probably been asked before (I'm new here) what do you do with your 13 week olds hair?  He looks like a big poof ball with spikes sticking out all over his head (lol).  I do brush him every day.  The hair on his head is just crazy.  It doesn't seem to all grow the same direction.  I have noticed that the majority of your dogs are cut short and I would love to let him grow out.  His hair is definitly not silky yet still puppy hair.  He seems to have more wooly hair not curly like a poodle just straight and full.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13759
[/QUOTE]

You have described my 6-month-old Catcher perfectly.... the exact same hair problem! He has a grooming appointment on Monday... not sure what to tell her to do with it....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts