Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This former Oklahoma girl knew last night that the air just did not "feel right" for November. This morning we woke up to 70 degree weather and it is supposed to be almost 40 degrees cooler tomorrow night!
Anyway, we are predicted to get some awful winds, large hail, and strong potential for pop up tornadoes! I hate it...

Luckily my classes are taking a test today, because I can't teach when I am worried about the weather. I worry about my pets, and considered going home at break and putting the cats in the hall closet and bringing Brinkley up here, but I don't think he would be quiet in my office.
I don't think my principal would go for it if he found out he was here. I know my seventh graders would not keep their mouth shut if they knew and my office backs up to another classroom, so if he barked, he would disturb them too...
I worry about the big dogs in their kennel when it gets this bad too. They have good houses and half the kennel has a cover over the top...they have great shelter and will be protected..but I know they have to get scared.

My kids are only a block away...I always feel we are somewhat secure in the school buildings. Better than my frame/siding house anyway...but I would rather be with them. -_-

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Yeah, we are under a tornado watch until 3:00 p.m. here. I worry about Paris being home alone anytime it storms. She doesn't get upset with storms when we are home. I hope she doesn't get upset when we are not there. Strange how things work...I used to worry about my kids when they were smaller and now I'm worrying about my little fluff butt.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
In Iowa we just have a winter weather advisory and watch. They are predicting 2-3 inches of snow. Its only supposed to be a high of 28 tomorrow.
Last week it was in the 70s!!!!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Our entire state is under a tornado watch. The wind is blowing at about 30-35 mph. It is very eerie outside. I have already given my sheltie her anti-anxiety pill. She doesn't handle storms well at all. Yesterday we had a stormy day and Chloe was just shivering in my arms. I didn't know until then that storms affected her that way. Sugar gets very clingy also.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Take care everyone in the storm and tornado watch areas, I will be praying and hoping it all fizzles out for you all

We are in for the cold side of the front and at the moment it is raining out, not heavy but it's supposed to turn to snow tonight and the temp tomorrow is going from mid 40's to 15 brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I too am wary of the storms here as I am not used to being on tornado warnings, they are usually unheard of in Australia where I come from.
I have to admit the first sign of a warning and I am downstairs with Scooby, hubby is used to them so he doesn't get so panicked and usually only comes downstairs to keep me happy

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is going to get ugly here about the time that school lets out!
I don't know why they didn't just dismiss us early...there are tornado warnings knocking on our door everywhere!!!!!

I am going to have an anxiety attack...

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I'm right there with ya tlunn, we are under tornado watches and warnings in Indiana too. It's gonna get nasty. If you are blessed with good weather today, we in the midwest could use your thoughts and prayers!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My husband is about 45 minutes away from me and they are under a warning right now...with another right behind it.
It is a continual rumble of thunder here...it does not stop.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
A few months ago, this happened at my kid's dismissal time and they actually held them until the warning expired. I hope they use common sense before they dismiss these kids. It's much safer for them to be in the school. That doesn't help your pet's issues though..but I'm sorry it's nasty there right now...it's headed for us next.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think all has passed our area for now.
Middle Tennessee will still get some strong storms.
We went under a tornado warning about 5 minutes before school was to be dismissed. (I could have bet money on it...nobody listened to me!)
Anyway, we could not run buses of course...kids were getting checked out of school right and left. I told our principal that the rule should be once they come in the building they cannot leave until it has passed. They can sit in the hall with their kids. Unfortunately most came and got them to take them HOME to their MOBILE HOME!

Anyway, a friend picked up my kids and brought them to me...we didn't get to leave until around 4:00. We got another round after that, but it went south of me.
It looks like it is clearing off for me for the night. Thank goodness!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
We have a tornado about 25 miles from us ...right now...it's not over for us..we have it coming at us all night...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Triste@Nov 15 2005, 06:18 PM
We have a tornado about 25 miles from us ...right now...it's not over for us..we have it coming at us all night...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119960
[/QUOTE]

We are under a tornado watch until 11, but I think the way it is tracking to the east here, that it will be cancelled for us sooner than that.
Good luck...

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Oh thank God for that Tlunn, I am so pleased you and your children are safe. It is so scary when these storms come through and I know how you must have felt because I get a knot in my stomach too when there are warnings out in our area.
I sure hope Triste is ok too and everyone is safe in those areas.
You are all in my thoughts and prayers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts