Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took a picture of his "bad" cut...he still looks like a doll to me...but you can really tell in this picture how bad she cut his face....

I trimmed up the rest of his body last night...I had let it grow for a week or two b/c she had left what she called a "skirt" on the sides of his belly and down his legs. As his back started to grow out, he just looked rough! So, he and I bonded with the clippers yesterday and I trimmed him short all over. He really needs more scissor clipping on his legs, and needs his booty trimmed more. It takes me SO long...he is so good at first, but then he gives up. I don't really blame him much. I am proud of him for as long as he DOES put up with me. I know I will get better. It would also help to have another pair of hands. I tried to do this by myself. Practice...that is what I keep saying. There are some parts that make me so nervous...like his little pee-pee parts and his booty, and around his nose/eyes. I am not going to touch his tail, and for now I am going to leave his ears/head/face...he may need his bangs cut before too long.

Anyway, if anyone who grooms theirs themselves has any tips...let me know. I am SO ready for his little fluffy face to grow back out so he at least LOOKS like a malt!!! STUPID GROOMER!!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are very rural and the one I went to really is a people hairdresser, only cuts dog hair one day a week.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i just had my lil boy shaved he will be a year weighs 3.6 pounds i brushed him everyday well he was getting matts i kept trying to get them out would come right back,so i took him to the groomers had beautiful long hair,she said they could spot shave him or shave him all the way down broke my heart cause his hair was half way to the ground,now everyone laughs when they come over,i put a little bandana around his neck,and he is beautiful to me.i learned what grooming tools to get and i hope his hair will never be short again.its summer so i call it his summer cut,but just to let you know i know how it feels,it will grow back,so keep your chin up sweetpea and snuggles mom

·
Registered
994 Posts
I keep Maxi short my groomer cuts all around his face and also under his chin with the beard part is i like that short she also cuts his ears but she leaves them alittle long i like his short and i think your baby looks adorable
maxi 's hari grows really fast

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Max's cut is adorable. He still has fluff around his mouth/muzzle...Brinkley's is gone.
But, I am not going to trim it until it grows out like I want it. He looks silly when his hair is unbrushed b/c his tail is fluffy and his head b/w his ears is fluffy and somewhat spikey :lol: ,so he looks like a little punk rock dog...my husband said he needs a leather doggy jacket...he he. I like his body part shorter too. That part I don't mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts