Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Kodie to Smithville (a little village near our house that has little shops) for a walk a few months ago. He had his little yellow booties on and his harness. We always get stopped a million times so people can see him and ask me tons of questions about him (they always call Kodie... a "her"
). Anyway.. we were walking along and these two older women and their husbands (prob over 60yrs old) were there and loved Kodie. Well these women were feisty! The one woman bends slightly over and pulls Kodies lead up trying to get him to come up on her leg or something!! I could see his harness pullin at his little chest!! I got fired up so fast! I got nasty with her...
"what ARE YOU DOING!?!! "STOP THAT!" "DO NOT PULL ON HIS HARNESS! HES ONLY 3LBS! You CAN HURT HIM!" :excl:
She looks at me and goes "I want to hold him and he wont come up"..
Thats all she had to say to me. I told that woman that Kodie does NOT like strangers picking him up anyway! I have never seen someone ever do that before in my life. She was basically going to use Kodies lead to pull his body up to her arms!!!!!! I'm still in shock just thinking about it. :eek: I hate stupid people! Especially if it can have the potential of hurting my BABY!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Was she expecting the 3lbs dog to jump off the ground into her arms?!? :new_Eyecrazy: even if he did want to be help she still would have had to ben over hte pick him up, that was just a really stupid thing to do on the lady's part. When people come over to see sunny i usually pick him up and hold him so they can pet him i just feel more comftorable about it that way, i mean i let friends and stuff hold him i just dont trust strangers lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Some people can be so S T U P I D!! I agree with Lilly521, though. I, too, Pick up Bulilit so they can pet and fuss over him. I don't want them to pick him up for several obvious reasons and one of them is that a lot of people don't know how to pick up a small dog. Better I beat them to it than I "Beat" them for hurting him

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Sounds like the same sort of people who love to touch pregnant women's bellies or pat small children on the head. And then they get offended when you tell them not to touch you or your children! People never cease to amaze me with their rudeness.

BTW, where is Galloway?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
also, i dont like it when (Even my own friends) holding jong-ee and not holding /supporting her back legs !!!!!!!

so shes just held by the chest but shes dangling her hind legs in the air !!!

u hvae to support their back legs or they feel insecure and scared!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by mee@Nov 24 2004, 07:17 PM
also, i dont like it when (Even my own friends) holding jong-ee and not holding /supporting her back legs !!!!!!! 

so shes just held by the chest but shes dangling her hind legs in the air !!!

u hvae to support their back legs or they feel insecure and scared!!!!!!  

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18474
[/QUOTE]
I TOTALLY AGREE! You cant just hold a small baby by the chest! I support Kodie's butt and legs! As you can see.. i'm holding Kodie in my signature right below this post! That drives me crazy! and i NEVER let strangers hold him!

I usually DO pick Kodie up when people are looking at him... but we were still basically walking... so i didnt bother.. ya know.. i was tryin to make it a fast.. "oh.. lets see the people" thing.. Anyway... i forgot to say that Kodie didnt want to even be touched by this lady! He was backing up everytime she got closer... and she would use his lead to pull him closer...while he pulled the other way... i hope that makes it clearer.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
That's just outrageous.. people just don't respect personal space anymore. I was at Petsmart not too long ago and this kid just comes over and starts pulling on Tuffy's hair and just getting in his face.. I immediately picked Tuffy up to get him away from that little twerp.. and naturally, the parents were nowhere to be found. Ugh.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I HATE letting people(who doesn't own maltese) touch my baby. I always try to say "she's not friendly" or "she might bite" but everytime people come around she gets so happy and start to lick their hands.
Yuck!!! She's not a team player...

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Nov 26 2004, 02:07 PM
awwww... poor Tuffy!  :eek: 
  I would probably yell at the kid! haha.. 
I cant stand BAD kids!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18656
[/QUOTE]

I so wanted to yell at that kid, but I figured that as soon as I started laying into him, his parents would suddenly appear and I'd look like the evil one.. :new_Eyecrazy: Ugh, people irritate me so much.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79@Nov 25 2004, 09:08 PM
That's just outrageous.. people just don't respect personal space anymore.  I was at Petsmart not too long ago and this kid just comes over and starts pulling on Tuffy's hair and just getting in his face.. I immediately picked Tuffy up to get him away from that little twerp.. and naturally, the parents were nowhere to be found.  Ugh. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18583
[/QUOTE]

Geez that is rude too! I can not stand kids that do not behave and/or parents that do not watch their kid at all.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Nov 27 2004, 06:39 PM
I used to live in a neighborhood where people were much too grabby.  I started a rumor that Noodle had a contagious skin disease.  End of problems.  (this was in America)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18831
[/QUOTE]

Lol that is too funny!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Lani@Nov 27 2004, 07:34 PM
I HATE letting people(who doesn't own maltese) touch my baby. I always try to say "she's not friendly" or "she might bite" but everytime people come around she gets so happy and start to lick their hands.
  Yuck!!! She's not a team player...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18829
[/QUOTE]

aww....lol

Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Nov 27 2004, 07:39 PM
I used to live in a neighborhood where people were much too grabby.  I started a rumor that Noodle had a contagious skin disease.  End of problems.  (this was in America)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18831
[/QUOTE]

LOL...I'm glad i'm not the only person having these problems!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
People seem to assume when i take sunny out i took him out just so that they could see him, on the way home from my sisters house for thankgiving be and sunny got out at a gas station so he could pee and this lady brings her daughter over and without asking me tell her daughter to go pet the dog i was like ummm not a petting zoo anyways i picked sunny up and told the lady he bits (he dosnt but oh well lol) i just wasnt in the mood to deal with it, the traffic was so bad a 6 hour drive took 11 hours becuase the shut down the turnpike while i was on it so having to deal with people disiding that my dog was a roadside attraction wasnt something i felt like dealing with

·
Registered
994 Posts
on thanks giving i of course brought maxi to my brothers and my brother was telling him up up on the couch and maxi wasnt listening cause he only wants to go where i am
( love it) anyway my brother proceeds to try and pull him up by his leash im like what the heck are you doing , maxi is too delicate for that i almost killed him i mean dont pull him like that ...i know my brother would never hurt him but how dumb was that

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Lilly521@Nov 29 2004, 03:33 PM
People seem to assume when i take sunny out i took him out just so that they could see him, on the way home from my sisters house for thankgiving be and sunny got out at a gas station so he could pee and this lady brings her daughter over and without asking me tell her daughter to go pet the dog i was like ummm not a petting zoo anyways i picked sunny up and told the lady he bits (he dosnt but oh well lol) i just wasnt in the mood to deal with it, the traffic was so bad a 6 hour drive took 11 hours becuase the shut down the turnpike while i was on it so having to deal with people disiding that my dog was a roadside attracktion wasnt something i felt like dealing with
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19247
[/QUOTE]
I agree.. i hate dealing with it too! -_-

·
Registered
162 Posts
People can be so rude sometimes! I know sometimes when i'm out with coco in the yard, people drive by in their cars and laaaay on the horn and point at her and she like jumps every time. Do they get a kick out of scaring a tiny dog!? I'm like, *half smile... yeah... half wave... that's my dog... yeah she's 2 lbs so far... yeah, she's little*
I think it's great when people are interested, but, hey, lay off the horn.

I was nervous on thanksgiving like crazy because my one neice who's 8 and can be a little crazy, comes upstairs, takes Coco out of my arms, walks downstairs with her to where my other 10 neices and nephews ages 1 1/2 - 8 are running around like mad, knocking eachother over and screaming at the tops of their lungs. Oh mannn.... i thought for SURE someone was going to knock her out of her arms. Now, she's at that age where she's trying to be all grown up and stay out of trouble, but still, i was nervous. I thought it was pretty rude just to take Coconut out of my arms without really asking, neice or not. Yeah, she has a puppy, but he's a much sturdier pup. Jay was like "Where's coco?!?! Why does she have her?!?! We have to go get her NOW!"

People in my neighborhood, besides the car honking people are very respectful of mine and Coco's space. My one neighbor always makes sure to ask first before petting (It can be hard to keep coco concentrating on going potty with people around.) and it's always after she's all done with potty.
She loves Coco and was very concerned about her going through the fence and getting hurt.
Almost everyone except for that neighbor is older, mid-60's and up, and they're very nice and respectful and just chuckle at her.
I don't mind people petting who ask, (besides family that is, they can pet any time they want.
)
because Coco looooves to see people. Even the vet. She loves the vet! After she got her shot today, she wanted to go BACK in her arms. Unconditional love....

I digress... again.... sorry!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts