Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

321 - 340 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Nida, I remember after my surgery that was a problem. Also with all the different meds that can constipate. Ok little Bailey quit scaring your mom like that!!! I have never been happier that someone else's dog took a poop!!!!:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am so sorry to hear all that you and Bailey have been through. It was so exciting to hear about the poop! Fingers crossed and prayers that he will continue to heal and be back to his cheeky self.

·
Premium Member
24,010 Posts
Nida, it could have been worse - you could have had to do the rectal exam.:shocked:
:chili::chili::chili::two thumbs up::happy dance::dancing banana: Doin' the poopie dance. Remember the post or PM I sent you several days ago that the poopie waiting game would be the next big issue? Okay, that's done :aktion033: so Bailey will now be just fine and dandy:) Dr. Auntie-Sue said so. Do you hear me Bailey?:smootch:

·
Premium Member
24,143 Posts
Nida, it could have been worse - you could have had to do the rectal exam.:shocked:
:chili::chili::chili::two thumbs up::happy dance::dancing banana: Doin' the poopie dance. Remember the post or PM I sent you several days ago that the poopie waiting game would be the next big issue? Okay, that's done :aktion033: so Bailey will now be just fine and dandy:) Dr. Auntie-Sue said so. Do you hear me Bailey?:smootch:
:LOL: Sue I love your sense of humor:LOL::two thumbs up:
Nida I'm so happy for you I know how hard this has been for you, give Bailey boy kisses from awntie Paula

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Okay, PHEW! The vet just called and said Bailey finally pooped! She gave him a rectal exam this morning and then took him for a walk and he ended up pooping there! That little stinker was holding out on me!!! :angry::wub: I even got up at 5 am to take him for a walk to see if he would poop...but nope! :huh:

But the vet did say that he looked good and we can cut down on the meds now so YAY!!!

Thanks again everyone :)
great news - so happy Bailey is on the mend. We all know how important poop is LOL we have done the poopie dance many of time so get on your dancing shoes mama

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
Poops!:chili::chili: Hurray for Bailey!!:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033: Whew!
Ok now Bailey, back to normal and quit scaring everyone.:wub::wub:

·
Premium Member
10,177 Posts
Okay, PHEW! The vet just called and said Bailey finally pooped! She gave him a rectal exam this morning and then took him for a walk and he ended up pooping there! That little stinker was holding out on me!!! :angry::wub: I even got up at 5 am to take him for a walk to see if he would poop...but nope! :huh:

But the vet did say that he looked good and we can cut down on the meds now so YAY!!!

Thanks again everyone :)
:chili::chili::cheer:: - :celebrate - firewor Bailey:celebrate - firewor:cheer::chili::chili:

Nida, isn't it funny how we celebrate *poopies* after we have worried so much about our little fluff babies that have been constipated?! :HistericalSmiley:

I understand how this was making you worry, Nida. We went through that with Snowball. It got to the point that they had to give the poor little guy an enema before they took him out for his walk. :w00t:

Just a tip that others have suggested, too ... a little plain canned pumpkin does wonders to help keep things moving for our little ones. And, it is safe for them.

I am soooooooo happy our sweet Bailey is better. You and he have gone through so much. I still think about how hard it had to be for you to leave him at the ER.

Lots of hugs for you and Bailey, Nida. :wub::wub::wub:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
:chili:Yeah, Bailey's feeling better and things "passed" so to speak!:chili:
Glad to hear he's going to be ok now. I can only imagine how hard it was to leave him at the ER.

Get better soon little man!
Hugs!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Good morning! Thank you for your continued concern for my little guy. He is doing well. It's day by day with him, to make sure he continues to be able to keep food/meds down and also poop regularly! And THANK YOU for understanding my joy about him pooping yesterday...I think you're the only people I know who would understand that! hahaha :)

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #338
One thing the vet mentioned Bailey would need on-going care for is reflux. Remember I mentioned he does this burping/gagging type thing...he's been doing that for a couple of months...I initially thought it was because he gulps his food down too fast. But really, it's all the time...not just after he eats...and its regardless of how fast/slow he eats (he does it even if I slowly hand feed him). I don't know much about reflux in dogs but I do hope it can be easily controlled.

321 - 340 of 369 Posts