Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

341 - 360 of 369 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,896 Posts
Hi Nida and Bailey,
We talk more about poop in my house than I ever thought possible.:w00t:

Acid reflux huh? Funny, my hubby & I just learned that his yr old niece & her new born brother both have acid reflux. That is why she is so tiny. Since her Mommy has learned lots since she was born her baby brother is a bruiser. Runs in the family I guess. Now I hear dogs have it too. I imagine that's been bothering Bailey and he will feel a lot better on meds for it.

I'm so glad Bailey is holding his own now and you can relax a bit. Hugs.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Thanks for checking in on Bailey, ladies. He is doing better, thank goodness. Today, he was feeling a bit down...I'm not sure why, but he perked up a bit in the afternoon. Poops are still not 100% normal yet but he is eating and drinking fine.

I am going crazy trying to figure out what to feed him now. I definitely did NOT want him on the prescription ID food for any longer than a couple of days after surgery. I spent a lot of time this weekend trying to find out more about the kinds of foods he can have...went and talked to the lady who owns my local holistic pet food store. I'm just more confused now than ever. Crystal has been helping me a lot via PM (thank you Crystal!) so tomorrow I'll go in to the store again to see what I can find.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just read your whole story and I am so happy to hear that Bailey is feeling better. I read through it holding my breath just hoping and praying he would be ok. Yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
Glad he is feeling better

are you using probiotics and pumpkin as that helps alot with stools.
Thanks! Yes, I am using pumpkin (a teaspoon with each meal) as of yesterday so hopefully that will help him. I have always used AE probiotics with him but I learned that I needed to have kept them in the fridge...which I didnt...so now I need to go buy more of it.

I just read your whole story and I am so happy to hear that Bailey is feeling better. I read through it holding my breath just hoping and praying he would be ok. Yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much. Yes, it was quite an ordeal and I couldnt have made it through without SM!

glad that hes feeling better , kisses to him n u
Thanks Liza!!

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Thanks! Yes, I am using pumpkin (a teaspoon with each meal) as of yesterday so hopefully that will help him. I have always used AE probiotics with him but I learned that I needed to have kept them in the fridge...which I didnt...so now I need to go buy more of it.
Don't add pumpkin unless it is one of the 2 ingredients in his limited diet food he's on. That can throw him totally off again. Same with treats. Treats can only consist of either the protein or the carb that is in the food you select. Sweet Potato does the same thing as pumpkin so that is why I recommended the food I did to you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
Don't add pumpkin unless it is one of the 2 ingredients in his limited diet food he's on. That can throw him totally off again. Same with treats. Treats can only consist of either the protein or the carb that is in the food you select. Sweet Potato does the same thing as pumpkin so that is why I recommended the food I did to you. :thumbsup:
Crystal, AH, I really am so bad at this, aren't I? :w00t: He seemed to do fine with the pumpkin yesterday and today but I'll stop using it for now and stick to the limited ingredient food. Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts

Thank you so much. Yes, it was quite an ordeal and I couldnt have made it through without SM!

Thanks Liza!!
yes best to get the probiotics that are refridgerated as that is what i use as well. I use organic pumpkin every day with my allergy girl with probiotics mixed in. It helps her stools alot. I only use it on my others if they have an issue which is rarely.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
yes sweet potato is the same as crystal stated as i notice it since dex is on sweet potato now and his poops are perfect. so agree if doing sweet potato then no need to add pumpkin in.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
checking in here! school started last week so I haven't had the chance to check in as often as I would like. I'm glad to read that Bailey is feeling better :) also pumpkin helps with firming up the stool, but I read that too much of it can cause constipation, so it's both ways just gotta be careful with the amount!

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Crystal, AH, I really am so bad at this, aren't I? :w00t: He seemed to do fine with the pumpkin yesterday and today but I'll stop using it for now and stick to the limited ingredient food. Thanks!!
I have been down that "what food to buy journey" and it's tiring. What did u end up choosing? Curious. I got venison & sweet pot for Sammie allergies.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #355 (Edited)
checking in here! school started last week so I haven't had the chance to check in as often as I would like. I'm glad to read that Bailey is feeling better :) also pumpkin helps with firming up the stool, but I read that too much of it can cause constipation, so it's both ways just gotta be careful with the amount!
Thanks for checking in! Oh I didnt know it can cause constipation too! I am holding off on the pumpkin for now. Right now, his stools look fine (not loose or anything) but he's not going as often as before, so thats my main concern.

Checking in on Bailey, glad he is feeling better!!:chili::chili:
Thanks so much!!

I have been down that "what food to buy journey" and it's tiring. What did u end up choosing? Curious. I got venison & sweet pot for Sammie allergies.
Crystal was sweet enough to help me and recommend a limited ingredient food for Bailey...Addiction Duck and Sweet Potato canned. I picked up a few of those last night for him.

hows bailey today ?
He was doing well this morning when I left for work! He's good, just not 100% yet (or maybe I'm just being paranoid) so I'm keeping a close eye. He's on his meds for about a week more and then we're going to wean him off to see how his system does on its own. Thanks for checking in, Liza!

·
Premium Member
17,397 Posts
Kisses to Bailey from Kitzi & me! Kitzel says "kisses are healing!"
:wub:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Kisses to Bailey from Kitzi & me! Kitzel says "kisses are healing!"
:wub:
Thanks Sandi and Kitzi! Bailey sends lots of healing kisses over to Kitzi too...he is so glad his buddy is feeling better too!

I love the picture of Bailey in your siggy. He looks great! So happy he's feeling better each day.:chili:
Thank you! This picture is from a few months ago (this past Fall) although he is starting to look good again now....he just needs a bath and a haircut!!!

341 - 360 of 369 Posts