Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

361 - 369 of 369 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
Just a note, Nida, to let you know I am thinking about you and Bailey. :wub: I am so happy to hear he is doing so much better. You are the bestest Mommy to Bailey! :tender:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
So glad he is doing better! kisses from Maggie, Trixie and Whisper.
Thank you ladies! :wub:

Just a note, Nida, to let you know I am thinking about you and Bailey. :wub: I am so happy to hear he is doing so much better. You are the bestest Mommy to Bailey! :tender:
Aww Marie, that's so sweeeeeet of you to say!!! Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts!!!!

I'm glad to hear that Bailey is doing much better and I'm sure he's loving his mommy a lot on her special day. Hope you enjoy your birthday with your precious boy and give him lots of hugs and kisses from Auntie Edith and cousin Aolani :)
Thanks Edith, for the birthday wishes! :) Yes, I am LOVING being snowed in today...perfect birthday present...sitting in bed, snuggling with Bailey and "working from home" :chili:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Nida, so glad that special guy of yours in feeling better..What a way to spend your B-day...snuggling with Bailey:wub: Hugs to you and Bailey.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I hate it when Bailey isn't feeling well...which is not too often, luckily. But he is sick right now and I could really use some advice. Monday night, he started pacing back and forth and crying to go outside (not normal for him)...I took him out and he had a really loose stool. That day, he had more treats than normal (he had an early dinner and my little cousin was doing training with him later at night and I think gave him more treats than he normally gets) so I thought that was why. Then, Tuesday morning he woke me up crying, and then threw up some yellow-ish bile type liquid a couple of times, and had another loose stool. I worked from home so I could keep an eye on him. I cooked him some boiled chicken and rice and fed it to him in four small meals through out the day (less food than he usually gets though). I mixed in some probiotics with the food and also gave him pepcid AC. He had, I think, four loose stools through the day yesterday. Other than that, he was acting fine...active and playful, pretty normal and didnt throw up again the whole day.

Last night again, he woke me up a few times...he threw up yellowish liquid three times over the night and this morning and had a couple more loose, liquidy stools. This morning he is much quieter, not like his normal self. I again cooked him some boiled chicken and rice and mixed in some yogurt. He didnt really want to eat it which is VERY VERY STRANGE FOR HIM!! He usually gobbles down anything and everything. I syringed some water in his mouth and finally got him to eat. He's sleeping now. I called the vet and made an appointment for 11 o clock. I was hoping it was just an upset stomach yesterday, but today with him acting so down, I better take him in. I am so scared...I have been "googling" like crazy and reading old SM threads all day and night yesterday. I am worried about pancreatitis. I'm also worried about some kind of blockage...he is a chewer and I'm always worried he'll eat something harmful even though I always watch him closely. AH! I am so nervous. Working from home again today so I can take care of him...and keep getting bombarded with work...just a very stressful situation trying to balance both :smpullhair: :smstarz:

Any advice would be appreciated!!!
I'd call your vet since he's also not acting like himself. Just to be on the safe side. It doesn't have to be pancreatitis, but he might need a medication. Hope he's better real soon!
Lainie

·
Super Moderator
10,152 Posts
I'd call your vet since he's also not acting like himself. Just to be on the safe side. It doesn't have to be pancreatitis, but he might need a medication. Hope he's better real soon!
Lainie
This post is from four years ago.

361 - 369 of 369 Posts