Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as most of ya'll know Bailey was spayed the week of thanksgiving. I took her on monday for her follow and suture removal. Well now Bailey is back to humping her little stuffed animal and licking herself. Is this normal???? :blink:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Alvin still likes to hump once in a while.:blush: So I asked my vet if it was normal since he was fixed. He told me even though he can't reproduce he would still have the urge just like a human. Matter of fact he tried to hump my precious little Chloe last night. :w00t: I let him know she is of limits.

·
Premium Member
17,468 Posts
Also, it can take about 6 months after the surgery for the hormones to settle down! Even if they are still interested it will usually become less obvious with time. Male hormones can be elevated by a female in heat in the area.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Angel was spayed when she was 6 mos old. She will be 5 in January, and she'll hump Annie every time Annie has a toy that Angel can't take away from her. EVERY TIME. I think it's funny - sorry if that is warped thinking. I'll hear the change in Angel's breathing and know what is going on, clear my throat rather loudly, and Angel turns and looks at me, and just dismounts. And, sure enough, every time, Annie just lays continuing to chew on the toy. For Angel, it is definitely a dominance thing.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Angel was spayed when she was 6 mos old. She will be 5 in January, and she'll hump Annie every time Annie has a toy that Angel can't take away from her. EVERY TIME. I think it's funny - sorry if that is warped thinking. I'll hear the change in Angel's breathing and know what is going on, clear my throat rather loudly, and Angel turns and looks at me, and just dismounts. And, sure enough, every time, Annie just lays continuing to chew on the toy. For Angel, it is definitely a dominance thing.
:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
17,468 Posts
Kitzi humped "glow worm" before he was neutered w/great passion---not dominance related since there isn't anyone else to dominate here! This week "glow worm" fell out of it's hiding place & little Kitzi thought Father Christmas had arrived early! He got so excited & followed my DH around the room trying to recapture his subject! So for Kitzi it is hormonal---for others it is definitely dominance. He tried to hump his play-date last week & she tried to hump him---dominance for sure!
And what did Kitzi get out of all of this---fleas! so be very careful whom you try to dominate---"when you lie down w/dogs you can get up w/fleas"---true story.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh kitzi stay away from those females with fleas:) lol

bailey's is not a dominance issue either since she is the only furbaby in the house...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Bernie is still a humper even though she was spayed in February. I can assure you that it's normal, I've asked my vet too. She only humps her long blue "Bobo" dog doll though, poor Bobo.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Tiffany humped my sister and my friend right after her spay. :huh: She hasn't humped people since then.

But toys? Yep. We gave her a toy that looks like a maltese and we caught her in the act.
:HistericalSmiley:

She also humped her doggie bff, Sir Pufflemuff the Pomeranian, quite a bit. They did it to each other while they were playing. We called it "hump or be humped."

·
Registered
590 Posts
Oh its the same with Max he is still humping also he had surgery in July. I know if I hide his Tiger watch out....lol He gets so grumpy....lol

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
Sweetness and Tessa actually hump . . . each other! It's almost as if they take turns. It's usually when one has a toy the other wants but the "humpee" just goes on playing with/chewing on the toy while the "humper" tries to assert herself.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Well Ava humps Abbey the whole time they are in the stroller together....and Abbey gets her back when they're home.....

So......it may never stop! :blink: The only ones who don't do it in this household are the boys! duh...:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Hormonal

HORMONES RULE :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I'm just thinking of how funny this thread is going to look when some one Googles dominance or humping...oh to be a fly on the wall!:hump::hump::hump: Yes this our very own humping emoticon....

·
Registered
842 Posts
I dunno about girls....but Nelson will still hump my arm if he gets real excite while we play fetch and stuff. He will run back and jump up and start humping away really hard hahaha. And he was neutured 5 months ago...so?? And I think Andy was a leg humper his whole life...especially bare legs or legs with stocking and especially company!!! :blink:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Best news is in this PG rated thread *lol* is that Bailey healed up nicely...you had me worried for a bit. Hopefully, the floor shows will start to diminish once her hormones work themselves out lol Hugs to Miss Bailey

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good luck with the hormones working themselves out! My baby is a puppymill rescue for being a "flaw dog" so he was neutered at 9 weeks old (I know it is young it was not my choice.) He still humps anything that is fluffy and he can get on. I don't think with him it is dominance since now that he is 10 months old he actually gets "excited" when he humps. :smilie_tischkante: Oddly that is all that stops him. :HistericalSmiley:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts