Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bailey went to the vet today a boy and came home, well ..... not so much a "boy" anymore :w00t:. I picked him up about 3:30 this afternoon and I have a question about "potty time". It is now 11:00 tonight and he still hasn't peed or pooped :smilie_tischkante:!!!! Is this normal??? I gave him a very small, light dinner but he doesn't seem to have any interest in a drink of water (I have been giving him .... forcing .... small sips with a syringe) but when I take him outside he just stands there for a few moments and then sits down and just looks so pitiful :crying:.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Aww, poor Baby Bailey boy. Poor Mommy. Perhaps the anesthesia is still making Bailey a little woozy. Did you check his bed to see if it's wet? I'm sorry, I have no advice except to watch him. I'll bet you both will feel better in the morning.
xoxoxoxooxox

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh Bailey -- you've joined the club that no guy wants to join.:blush: Tyler overnighted so by the time he came home he was peeing and pooping but I do remember some members saying their dogs would be walking and suddenly stop several times, having discomfort so wondering if that's the sitting thing. He might have gone right before you picked him up and been holding it because he's uncomfortable. Not sure. Maybe someone else will know. Good luck and it will all be better. They are amazingly resilient.:grouphug:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I've been thru many neuters (my dog's not me).

Always picked them up shortly after 3PM, many were just "out of it",
didn't potty, eat, just slept thru the night under my watchful eye.
They woke up starving, and back to their normal selves.

Keep in mind, there won't be much "pottying" to do, since he, more than
likely, hadn't had any food or water in over 12-hours.

Keep a close eye, and give your vet a call if your gut tells you something is wrong. Otherwise, he should be fine in the morning.

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Rocky was neutered last week so it's fresh in my mind. Bailey is probably still groggy. He will come around....probably in the middle of the night, LOL.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your support and well wishes :ThankYou:Bailey seems to be back to his old self already although I don't think he is very impressed with having to wear onsies right now. According to the vet, he has "inside" stitches and had laser done to cauterize (sp?) and close. His little "surgery" site looks GREAT tonight and I know I will sleep better :aktion033:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts