Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took Bambi into the shower yesterday and I noticed all these black spots on her and when I took a closer look, they were fleas and flea eggs...I don't know how she got them...but I went to Petco and I bought her flea shampoo, carpet cleaner and a package of Advantage....I put the advantage on her yesterday at around 7pm...and she is still a little itchy. I pulled out what I thought were all the fleas on her in the shower...but she still itches. I gotta call her vet today...but can anyone tell me about advantage? Can I still groom her with the advantage on her? And if I feel like its not working...when can I put the next dose of it on her?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From what I remember reading, Advantage is waterproof...but is there really a difference between frontline and advantage? And I called the vet this morning and when I told her I bought Advantage from Petco she said that its a different kind of advantage. I spent $50 on four tubes and I believe its the same kind...was the receptionist at the vet telling the truth? Are there different types of Advantage? Im going to go home on my lunch break and sprinkle the carpet again with that stuff and vacuum it again. I threw my sheets into the wash and I threw her bedding into the wash too. I shampood the cloth thingy at the bottom of her carrier with antiflea shampoo and I think I have taken all the precautions. I hope this works!!!

Originally posted by LadysMom@Jul 6 2005, 10:25 AM
I just ordered a new bottle of Frontline spray from one of our SM sponsors, entirelypets.com. I was having trouble getting it from 2 of my regular catalogues, so I deceided to try them. I was very pleased. They guarentee that their products are FDA approved (I was worried about counterfeits). The price was fabulous, under $22, reasonable shipping, and super fast delivery! I ordered it on Friday and got it yesterday (Tuesday) even with a holiday in there!

http://www.entirelypets.com/fronspray2501.html
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78636
[/QUOTE]

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Frontline plus is like the regular frontline however it has a growth inhibiting ingredient in it and unfortunately, They do not have frontline plus for dogs less than 10 lbs - Bambi is 2.85 lbs.
I just called another vet and they said that the advantage at Petco is the same thing...as long as the brand is Advantage, it is the same thing. I just hope that the flea problem doesnt get worse. I am going to take her to the groomers soon to get her shaved until I am 100% sure the flea infestation is done.

Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jul 6 2005, 12:49 PM
What you buy at petstores is not the same Frontline that you get at a vet's office.  Petstore's sell Frontline and vet's offices sell Frontline Plus.  Not sure how they are different but they are.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78691
[/QUOTE]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.