Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, I understand the MO site is interesting sometimes, and I remember trying to post replies, and opinions, etc. and my posts never making the cut. Also, I asked someone that I met on MO to please give me their email address so I could talk to them about their breeder when I was searching for one. Jay banned her, and I had to email him and tell him that I never got her information and to please lift her ban. Her ban was taken off...I was new to the forum and didn't know the rules.

Now having said that...I do not understand why some people are still supporting the website. The site even says, "The leader in Maltese discussion". This disgusts me. The more you go there, the more hits he gets, and the more popular he thinks his stinkin' site is. I am sure he has a counter as to how many people visit his site. And I figure why am I going to support the site that doesn't give freedom of speech? That makes me upset, and makes me feel bad about myself? Why give him power over me? That's what he is doing. Like he is some freakin' king and everyone is at his beckon call.

Although I was banned, I wouldn't go back there. I am not bitter anymore, and yes, one person can make a world of difference. If one of you chose not to go there, there is one less hit...then he starts crapping bricks because his site sucks...

We are adults and some of you are allowing him to make you mad, frustrated, sad, angry, depressed, etc...
WHY?

And I know some of you want to try to protect people over there...why? People will get tired like we did, and this site will have one more member...that's how I found this site, just like many of you. Let his site go down the drain. I found this site because, before I got banned, I was tired of the dictatorship...and I still am. I can always go onto another computer with a different IP address and go to the site. But I am a free human being with rights, and I refuse to have that son of a b**** have any control over what I say or feel or do with my life.

In my opinion, why don't you just BAN the site like he has banned many of us, and lets try to make this site the LEADER in Maltese discussion. Lets focus our energy on something positive, and support the site that has been good to us and allows us the right to speak our mind, email and contact each other, doesn't put us down if we have opinions, doesn't make us pay to view the gallery, gives us an opportunity to be friends and plan holiday gift exchanges and celebrate our dog's birthdays (thanks Joe!).

Ok, I think I am done venting now. Don't hurt me...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Totally agree!

I join the boycott! I promise to never step foot in MO again!

Your speech was perfect and made sense, I wish we could just get one last post in saying "THE NEW LEADER OF MALTESE FORUMS: SPOILED MALTESE" (even the name is nicer!) but I know Jay would SURELY not let that one get through!

I hope more people read this and join in the exclusion of a terrible site!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
hmm, that sounds like a survey/contest...coming up w/ a new banner for this site!

Spoiled Maltese...a FRIENDLY forum where you can share it all!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm with you. I will not go to MO anymore. It just aggravates me to read some of the 'snobby posts' that are written to the innocent new posters.

And to Brit's mom: You better believe it...Jay would never let anything on his precious site that competes with MO....ha ha ha

Time will tell the tale. This site will only continue to grow when the word gets around about what a GREAT SITE
it is.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Well, here I am! Jumping on the "Ban the MO" bandwagon...
although it looks as if I have been banned from there this weekend anyway!
Oh well...it was bound to happen sooner or later. I didn't pay over 1000.00 for my maltese, and I refused to be ugly to people..I stood up for the little people.
Maybe they didn't like my "stories" that sometimes get long-winded.
Thanks to all of you here that read them anyway...LOL.

What a great idea Elegant. Never thought about it until you said it like that...but it made alot of sense!!!
Going to delete it off my list now!!!! :D

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was also thinking of asking...what is so good over there that you don't get here...and how can we make it happen here?

It was hard at first for me not to support that site, even if I wasn't posting. I can't remember what I liked anout it since I haven't been there in months.

I just feel like...to better your life, you don't want to make yourself upset, and it appears that the site does just that in several ways...just don't go, right?

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Sep 6 2004, 12:55 AM
I was also thinking of asking...what is so good over there that you don't get here...and how can we make it happen here? 

It was hard at first for me not to support that site, even if I wasn't posting.  I can't remember what I liked anout it since I haven't been there in months.

I just feel like...to better your life, you don't want to make yourself upset, and it appears that the site does just that in several ways...just don't go, right?

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=8405
[/QUOTE]

-_- Well, I got hooked on that site when I was researching the breed...before I knew this site existed. There really was tons of valuable information on there. I learned much of what to look for in a breeder...I never knew about puppy mills and pet store puppies etc....I knew so much about the breed when I went out looking for a breeder and pup-that I felt like I had an upper hand as a buyer. Many breeders that I talked to were impressed with my knowledge and questions, especially when they found out that I had never had a maltese-or really an inside/toy dog before.

So...then as I started feeling the bad vibes over there...
I guess I was still hooked on the info, I continued to learn new tips etc...and then I wanted to help out the "little people" without giving them judgement. I just felt so sorry for the newbies that got blasted for unknowingly posting something that was going to bristle the hair on the "know-it-alls". <_< This site was so much nicer and friendlier...caring...etc. I guess I stayed over there the last month or so just to see what was going to happen next....LOL....for the entertainment value I guess??...Sounds pretty stupid now....
but, oh well. Live and learn.

:D This site makes my day. I wish we all lived closer so we could have a meet up or something. I think that would be SO fun. But we have found out that we are all quite spread out across the US...and one poster is from over the vast ocean...hard to meet up with him. I just feel as though we have some sort of a "bond" over here, even though we only know each other through the forum and our dogs. Mushy huh? LOL I'm a Sap! :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'll jump on that ban bandwagon! I do wish I could manage to slip one post through about this site but that will probably NEVER happen.. and anyways, not sure we want to get the attention of some of their more rude posters over there that will come over here to troll just to show their allegiance to Jay. <_<

But count me in on the ban.. I'm deleting it off my favorites as I type

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i think its more friendly here coz we can see A LOT of photos of the babies than the MO site..here in spoiledmaltese we can post the babies webpages and get more info about them and visit their page, and also have neat avatars with lots of photos of them..

but not "over there" cant believe we cant even make friends there

·
Registered
447 Posts
Originally posted by mee@Sep 6 2004, 12:55 PM
i think its more friendly here coz we can see A LOT of photos of the babies than the MO site..here in spoiledmaltese we can post the babies webpages and get more info about them and visit their page, and also have neat avatars with lots of photos of them..

but not "over there" cant believe we cant even make friends there

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=8427
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. This site promotes comradorie between the posters instead of JUST topics and info. We share info because we truly care about bettering the lives of all of our babies whether they are maltese or not. We can talk about things that are off topic, we can share brands and pics and websites! It is TOTALLY better over here, and now Im mad that I ever visited MO.... it was a pointless waste of time when only 2% of my posts ever see the light of the monitor.

TLUNN!!! You are TOTALLY not a sap! I feel the same way! It would be so great for all of our babies, little or big, all white or lemony, purebred or mixed, $1,800 or $400 to meet up and play and have fun!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
all i can say is its all about the Maltese and the people they own here

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Elegant,

Good for you! An Official BANDWAGON from which to ban MO.....I did the same thing you did; banned Jay's site before he could ban me. And he did ban me, in absentia, because when I went back to lurk several months after I banned him, I found myself Restricted and Banned.

I've not been back since. That one time was more than enough and I refuse to support the site in any way, shape or form. Jay can kiss my assets! :wacko:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am a new member to the Spoiled Maltese forum and I came here looking for more .... friendly advice. I am new to the world of Maltese (I am currently looking for the right breeder) and the posts I made at the MO site were met with harsh harsh criticism and judgement. Thank goodness I found this site! ^_^ -Amelia

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I'm in! Who needs them when we have spoiled maltese!? Their ignorant behinds need to UNDERSTAND that forums like this is made to HELP and EDUCATE others! Not EVERYONE comes on knowing everything about Maltese! What's the point of having a site if everyone knows everything already?!?!

Do you guys remember highschool? Where there's always this click that finds something bad about everyone to talk about? It's like they're trying SO hard to make someone look stupid just so they can feel better/superior with themselves. That's like their hobby to talk crap about others! If you come on a MALTESE sight just looking for someone to slam, I have to say it...you're just a loser. They need to grow up and learn that BEING COCKY ISNT COOL!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I'm in. I haven't been there for quite a while. I got sick of hearing all the rude comments and decided this site is plenty for me as far as needing info. (Not to mention the friendly atmosphere :D ) I agree with u ButtercloudandNoriko, there is a large group of them over there that act as though they are the top dogs in a highschool. It's definantely a powertrip for a few of them. I thought another mature thing they have done was when they joined this site and bad mouthed Joe and others. <_<

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm in too :D I havent been at MO in a while. I dont see nothing interesting anymore is the same ol....

Oh and Welcome to the site Amelia :D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts