Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i noticed that not as many people post or are members of this forum... its a shame too because it seems like there is only one main forum about maltese dogs on the internet. I was recently banned from that site over stating a brand name of something.. they were extremely rude to me and basically threatened me to never reregister again. <_< I didnt find this site until recently... i'm glad i did though because I like this one better! It's a more modern looking forum. Anyway... I would just like to see more people become members!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Oct 29 2004, 09:24 AM
Hey i noticed that not as many people post or are members of this forum... its a shame too because it seems like there is only one main forum about maltese dogs on the internet.  I was recently banned from that site over stating a brand name of something.. they were extremely rude to me and basically threatened me to never reregister again.  <_<  I didnt find this site until recently... i'm glad i did though because I like this one better!  It's a more modern looking forum.  Anyway... I would just like to see more people become members!! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13838
[/QUOTE]

Hi Kodie... I think I remember you from MO... I was also banned, for posting the initials of a dog food!

Anyway, don't fret... this forum is very active.... There are plenty of posts to read and lots of info to share and learn. For me personally, I don't miss MO in any way whatsoever.... This site gets new members every day and is growing... but I like it just fine the way it is already.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Hey! Almost 100 people have joined since I've been here and I joined in August. If this place grew any faster I'd have issues! I have a hard time remembering people's names already! HEHE. That other site has been open longer than this one so go figure that they'll have more members. But, at least 1 person a week is banned from there and joins us.

I think we DO need a separate section for this issue! HAHAHA. How about a "VENT" section? HAHAHA

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Oct 29 2004, 08:24 AM
Hey i noticed that not as many people post or are members of this forum... its a shame too because it seems like there is only one main forum about maltese dogs on the internet.  I was recently banned from that site over stating a brand name of something.. they were extremely rude to me and basically threatened me to never reregister again.  <_<  I didnt find this site until recently... i'm glad i did though because I like this one better!  It's a more modern looking forum.  Anyway... I would just like to see more people become members!! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13838
[/QUOTE]
Not on topic...I just wanted to ask, what breeder did you use? Your pup is adorable.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome Kodie! Your baby is adorable. I wasn't banned from that site, but have chosen not to return due to the negativity I was reading there all the time. Seemed to me it was becoming very clicque-ish and "high school". The only opinions I miss these days are those from Larry Stansberry ("Divine Maltese") and Chrisman Maltese. They both truly gave good advice, as well as tought some interesting lessons. Wish they knew about this site....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Maxismom@Oct 29 2004, 11:22 AM
i was banned also from MO i think i blinked the wrong way lol
thank god for Joe this is a wonderful site
welcome

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13904
[/QUOTE]

ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAHAH

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to answer a lot of your comments personally!! I am shocked at what i read from your posts!
(in a good way! :D ) it helped me not to feel soo offended from being banned. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and sharing your experiences with me

Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers Mom@Oct 29 2004, 09:37 AM
Hi Kodie... I think I remember you from MO... I was also banned, for posting the initials of a dog food! 

Anyway, don't fret... this forum is very active.... There are plenty of posts to read and lots of info to share and learn. For me personally, I don't miss MO in any way whatsoever.... This site gets new members every day and is growing... but I like it just fine the way it is already.
I know you dont miss MO but i'm gonna miss some of the people I met there... some people there I just met and really liked talking to because they also had a dog with MVD (a liver condition)... I just wish I could tell everyone to come here or somehow let them know I am unable to post now. -_- I'm hoping I will get over this quickly!!

Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Oct 29 2004, 10:02 AM
Hey!  Almost 100 people have joined since I've been here and I joined in August.  If this place grew any faster I'd have issues!  I have a hard time remembering people's names already!  HEHE.  That other site has been open longer than this one so go figure that they'll have more members.  But, at least 1 person a week  is banned from there and joins us. 

I think we DO need a separate section for this issue! HAHAHA.  How about a "VENT" section? HAHAHA
Thats GREAT news to hear...I wish I could just post an annoucement at MO that the site is unfair and what they say/do to people is really mean. I wrote a email to the help desktop when I couldnt sign into the forum anymore asking what I did wrong... and the moderator responded to me by posting a post on the forum that was RUDE! She quoted me and everthing... she also threaten me that I couldnt reregister. I could understand if I was a jerk... but i wasnt... I posted everyday and was a loyal person to their site!
Your 100% right... we NEED a seperate section for this ASAP!!!! We could physically see just how many people are getting kicked off each day..lol..

How can I get Kodie's picture off of that forum... its in my profile!! I dont want his picture on there if they are going to be mean to his mommy! :excl:

Originally posted by saltymalty@Oct 29 2004, 10:06 AM
Not on topic...I just wanted to ask, what breeder did you use?  Your pup is adorable.
:D its okay... ask me anything.. awwww... thank you so much! Hes a little brat though... hahahha... I got Kodie from someone that lives about 10mins from my house... i live about 15mins from atlantic city,nj. He was the only pup to survive in the litter too... so hes really special to me!
His mom is really really pretty!

Originally posted by Lissa@Oct 29 2004, 10:43 AM
Welcome Kodie!  Your baby is adorable.  I wasn't banned from that site, but have chosen not to return due to the negativity I was reading there all the time.  Seemed to me it was becoming very clicque-ish and "high school".  The only opinions I miss these days are those from Larry Stansberry ("Divine Maltese") and Chrisman Maltese.  They both truly gave good advice, as well as tought some interesting lessons.  Wish they knew about this site....
aww... thank you so much!
Yeah i noticed negativity too... but thats actually ALLOWED but helping people out is not (posting names or hints of what the product is etc..). Read my post on this forum about rabies... I wrote in there what someone said to me when I said i wasnt going to give Kodie his vaccine. The responses I received were very close minded... and didnt listen to the facts about Kodie's health. -_- If you read the page before you sign up for the forum it tells you how to post responses... you always have to let the other person have the last word when there is a disagreement...you should really read the terms and conditions page.. the small print thats written there...hahahhaha... what I got out of the WHOLE terms and rules of the forum was... you have no rights and your opinion doesnt matter.. <_<
Since your not banned you can take a look at the moderators nasty post about me and adversiting. We should let the people we liked on the forum know that this site is here! hehe

Originally posted by mee+Oct 29 2004, 12:01 PM-->
WECOME !! i was banned from t hat site too ~  glad that i was banned ~ u'll love it here too ![/B]
I'm just glad i'm not alone...

<!--QuoteBegin-Maxismom
@Oct 29 2004, 12:22 PM
i was banned also from MO i think i blinked the wrong way lol
thank god for Joe this is a wonderful site
welcome
LOLOLOLOLOLOL...
its sooo true... thats how I felt!!
:excl:

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie+Oct 29 2004, 02:05 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Oct 29 2004, 10:02 AM
Hey!  Almost 100 people have joined since I've been here and I joined in August.  If this place grew any faster I'd have issues!  I have a hard time remembering people's names already!  HEHE.  That other site has been open longer than this one so go figure that they'll have more members.  But, at least 1 person a week  is banned from there and joins us. 

I think we DO need a separate section for this issue! HAHAHA.  How about a "VENT" section? HAHAHA
Thats GREAT news to hear...I wish I could just post an annoucement at MO that the site is unfair and what they say/do to people is really mean. I wrote a email to the help desktop when I couldnt sign into the forum anymore asking what I did wrong... and the moderator responded to me by posting a post on the forum that was RUDE! She quoted me and everthing... she also threaten me that I couldnt reregister. I could understand if I was a jerk... but i wasnt... I posted everyday and was a loyal person to their site!
Your 100% right... we NEED a seperate section for this ASAP!!!! We could physically see just how many people are getting kicked off each day..lol..

How can I get Kodie's picture off of that forum... its in my profile!! I dont want his picture on there if they are going to be mean to his mommy! :excl:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13964
[/B][/QUOTE]

Actually the way I found out about this website is because someone did post a message at MO telling about this website. I think it was only up for a few minutes. That was last April.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Oct 29 2004, 02:05 PM
Thats GREAT news to hear...I wish I could just post an annoucement at MO that the site is unfair and what they say/do to people is really mean.  I wrote a email to the help desktop when I couldnt sign into the forum anymore asking what I did wrong... and the moderator responded to me by posting a post on the forum that was RUDE!  She quoted me and everthing... she also threaten me that I couldnt reregister.

Here's what you do. First, tell them that you're glad that they banned you and that you're at SPOILED MALTESE NOW. That will piss them off because they really really hate Joe(they hate him because he's not the devil).
Then, say "You know you're scared to hear what I gotta say that's why you ban me before I can defend myself. you DA*N HITLERS! You can go post this Sh** up and talk all you want about me, B****!"

Immature...yes. Funny as heck? TOTALLY!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Kodie, count me in among the "banned" :D I was banned AFTER I wrote on this Forum that, even though I had not been "banned and restricted", I was not going to return to MO. I'd had it with being constantly chastized and spoken down to. And never knowing exactly why I had "offended". For instance, we used to use SD for Science Diet and everyone knew what it meant, and L/D for Liver Diet, etc.

Now, evidently that is not allowed.

So, welcome to Maltese Heaven. I must warn you though, we talk a lot about poop! It's a big topic here. :lol:

By the way, my 3 1/2 year old, four and a half pound, Pico, has MVD. Maybe we should start a topic on that in the Maltese Health Forum so some of the new Malt Moms and Dads can learn about it from two with the experience.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Oct 29 2004, 04:55 PM
Kodie, count me in among the "banned" :D  I was banned AFTER I wrote on this Forum that, even though I had not been "banned and restricted", I was not going to return to MO.  I'd had it with being constantly chastized and spoken down to.  And never knowing exactly why I had "offended".  For instance, we used to use SD for Science Diet and everyone knew what it meant, and L/D for Liver Diet, etc.

Now, evidently that is not allowed.

So, welcome to Maltese Heaven.  I must warn you though, we talk a lot about poop!  It's a big topic here. :lol:

By the way, my 3 1/2 year old, four and a half pound, Pico, has MVD.  Maybe we should start a topic on that in the Maltese Health Forum so some of the new Malt Moms and Dads can learn about it from two with the experience.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13995
[/QUOTE]

Are you sure I didnt talk to you on MO?? Someone with a dog named Pico told me to go to Cornell with my Kodie... was that u?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I think what probably bothers many of us about the "other" forum is that we are all responsible upstanding citizens who love talking and learning about the Maltese breed. We took our time to contribute and in many of our posts we were trying to help others. In actuality we were customers of that forum.

The problem is that we were not treated with the respect that a customer should be. If the Administrator wants to be fanatical about his rules, it would be nice for him also to be polite and respectful...perhaps by giving a reminder or "warning". I'm a middle-aged woman and in all my life, I have never been exposed to anyone quite like him.... thank goodness.

A big red flag went up for me when I read the rules and info about how to "win" an argument. I thought that was a odd thing to be talking about in "rules" for a Forum.... expecting people to argue and needing to know how to do a better job at it! I had never seen such peculiar verbiage before.

It is very hard to discuss issues without mentioning brand names, web sites, resources, etc. So because of the controlling nature of the Administrator, there really is no way that the other forum can be the valuable resource for Maltese owners that SM is.

My advice to you is not to write to the Administrator after you are banned. I truly think he gets a sadistic pleasure out of banning people and loves to have you grovel at his feet asking what you did to upset him, etc. I believe he loves having that power over you. Don't let him get to you... just move on to SM.

PS Did you all ever watch Seinfield? Did you see the episode about the Soup Nazi? Does he remind you of anyone ??

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Oct 29 2004, 04:42 PM
"He" stated that in a single day, he gets 100s of solicitors trying to advertise and it takes the moderators so much time to sort through the posts and weed out the posts from the solicitations.  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14009
[/QUOTE]

i think its just a stupid excuse..

he just doesnt want ppl to advertise on his website coz ITS HIS WEBPAGE! blah~

ALL HIS ~!~ MINE ~ MINE ~ !! possessive !!!

blah~

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
PS Did you all ever watch Seinfield? Did you see the episode about the Soup Nazi? Does he remind you of anyone ?? [/B]

That is one of my favorite episodes!!!!!!!!! That is what he is like!!!!!!!!!!!!! And this forum is like when she found all his recipes in the bureau.....
took all his soup power away...we are slowly draining MO's power....

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.