Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm confused. If a member has been banned...not suspended...how can they log onto their account and be viewing say the Index Board at 2:50 pm today? Does banning only stop them from posting? I thought banning also stopped them from logging on using their account. I know they can lurk without actually signing on, but I thought they wouldn't be able to even log on with that account.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I don't know, Crystal. I saw someone sign on and post who was banned forever. I reported it to Joe and he fixed it. I think maybe it's do to glitches sometimes.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Ok so I'm confused. If a member has been banned...not suspended...how can they log onto their account and be viewing say the Index Board at 2:50 pm today? Does banning only stop them from posting? I thought banning also stopped them from logging on using their account. I know they can lurk without actually signing on, but I thought they wouldn't be able to even log on with that account.
Good question, Crystal. I've never known a member, who was banned, who could still sign in under their "user" account. That's not being banned. Lurk under another name, or guest, but NOT the actual user name, which was banned. That is odd ~ :blink:

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well in a way...that's kind of cool. He (or she) was banned while he was logged on so whenever he uses the same IP, even as a guest, we will be able to see when he is lurking. That's actually a great way to prevent trouble makers from even lurking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts