Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, I saw this rescue site Revvy Rescue and decided to send in a contribution. I then posted a thread on MO noting that it was just before year end, and anyone who wanted to help any Malt rescue would get a tax deduction if they would just mail their check by year end. I was hoping some people would feel the spirit of the season and help some rescues. I mean, how else can you force the government to use some of your tax money to support maltese rescue?

I did not post the name of any particular rescue group or the name of a competing site, but I did try to post a link to the IRS website where you can go to find out if a purported charity is indeed a 501c3 organization. When the thread didn't appear, I posted another thread titled "I'm really disappointed in you guys" with no text in the thread. I mean, come on, what's the harm of trying to promote Maltese rescue? I guess MO doesn't care about rescues as much as their precious user agreement. They'll promote glorified wee-pads because the sponsor pays them, but they won't promote Maltese rescue and allow the posting of a government site where you can ferret out the real from the false charities? Come on people.

Well, guess what? Yep. Banned for "Multiple Violations of User Agreement - Goodbye".
Once I get it hosted, my screenshot of my banning will be my avatar.

When I protested, I got a really snotty e-mail back from Becky (the latest adminazi over there) saying "You posted the internet address to the IRS website. What is it you don't understand? We have zero tolerance for user agreement violators. I'm sorry. Goodbye." Geez. No kiss or anything! I even had to contact the image hosting service they use to remove my pictures of Lucky and Chloe since I couldn't get in to edit my user profile.

I think I'll come up with an offshoot of MO and register the domain name with nothing but a page of links to a bunch of other Maltese related boards -- any one but theirs. Maybe I'll call it MalteseNOnly.com? (Watch Bianco register that one tomorrow).

OK, I'm done venting. What a bunch of -------s.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by Lucky's Dad@Jan 3 2005, 10:27 AM
Well, guess what?  Yep.  Banned for "Multiple Violations of User Agreement - Goodbye". 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27062
[/QUOTE]
What a good idea! I should have saved a screen shot of my banned thread posted by becky! I didnt think of it..

All i can say is.. i've been through it too. At least you got a response ... i send many emails and no response.
BTW.. i have been wondering this.. who is becky anyway?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
We all know they have very strict rules but afterall, it is their forum and if we would like to participate, we need to follow the rules. I can't say I agree with the rules but I am now familiar with them. The rules have also been greatly reduced since I first joined. In the last 5 years, I have been banned 3 times on their site - once for posting my email address, once for posting an url and I can't remember why the last time. But after writing and explaining myself, they allowed me to re-join.

Don't worry
We all still have spoiled maltese to write on. Don't waste your time getting mad...it's just not worth it.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Jan 3 2005, 11:22 AM
We all know they have very strict rules but afterall, it is their forum and if we would like to participate, we need to follow the rules.  I can't say I agree with the rules but I am now familiar with them.  The rules have also been greatly reduced since I first joined.  In the last 5 years, I have been banned 3 times on their site - once for posting my email address, once for posting an url and I can't remember why the last time.  But after writing and explaining myself, they allowed me to re-join.

Don't worry
  We all still have spoiled maltese to write on.  Don't waste your time getting mad...it's just not worth it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27078
[/QUOTE]
I wrote and explained myself... but i never got a response.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Jan 3 2005, 11:22 AM
We all know they have very strict rules but afterall, it is their forum and if we would like to participate, we need to follow the rules.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27078
[/QUOTE]

Rules that are enforced so stridently and dogmatically generally make no sense. This is especially true where every post is moderated. Banning would make sense as a practice if posts were unmoderated, because then you would be punishing for actual harm. Where a post never hits the board (it could have just as easily been edited to remove the link) and the infraction is in the context of maltese rescue, I respectfully decline to agree.

I will not be petitioning to be reinstated. I appealed once and was told (politely) to f-off. Its their loss, not mine.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lucky's Dad@Jan 3 2005, 10:27 AM
Well, guess what?  Yep.  Banned for "Multiple Violations of User Agreement - Goodbye". 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27062
[/QUOTE]

A lot of us on SM have been banned by MO and for me it is the best thing that ever happened... it is just too many rules and too much "attitude" for me and not being able to help people is just too frustrating. So, consider yourself lucky! (no pun intended!!)

BTW, you may prefer to use your MO Banned avatar as your "Personal Photo" instead of as your avatar because it is so small it is hard to read; and those who don't know the story behind it might think you are banned from SM, since all that shows up is "Banned". The personal photo shows up when anyone clicks on your name and it is much larger than the avatar........

You've found a great home here at SM... I look forward to your posts!

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Their loss is our gain! Welcome to SM! Be glad they banned you when they did and you aren't wasting anymore time there.

Originally posted by Kodie@Jan 3 2005, 09:35 AM
BTW.. i have been wondering this.. who is becky anyway?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27067
[/QUOTE]
I get the feeling she is their daughter or some kind of relation--I mean who else could be so rude if not related to a Bianco???

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
what dont you get from "no posting of websites"???

LOL!!!! they are soo stupid!! i posted a link to the aspca! and i got banned!! and i explained myself! and nothing happened!!

we feel your anger and frustration.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Hey Lucky's Dad, join the club and
, where the folks are friendly and freedom of expression reigns.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Originally posted by Lucky's Dad@Jan 3 2005, 11:47 AM
[I will not be petitioning to be reinstated.  I appealed once and was told (politely) to f-off.  Its their loss, not mine.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27086
[/QUOTE]

It's SM gain
and I look forward to hearing from you here. I love the PM system and I love the openiness in product and breeder discussion. Afterall, what good is saying ... you should use conditioner when you don't know what brand of conditioner. Or you should use a brush to brush your Maltese. You Maltese should eat good food but we can't tell you what is good

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Welcome to the banned group. I too was banned months ago. Not because of a post...only tried to post twice and both times posts were accepted. I was banned because I was on this site. I got a private message here asking if I was the same person from MO and I said yes. About 10 minutes later I tried to get on that other site and guess what? I was banned. I do go back and read but I can tell you that lately this site has become much more interesting and fun. I do agree that the people on that other site have a right to run their site anyway they want and to have any rules they wish but from what I have heard they are very rude. If they keep it up all of their members will be banned and be here.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Jan 3 2005, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the banned group.  I too was banned months ago.  Not because of a post...only tried to post twice and both times posts were accepted.  I was banned because I was on this site.  I got a private message here asking if I was the same person from MO and I said yes.  About 10 minutes later I tried to get on that other site and guess what?  I was banned.  I do go back and read but I can tell you that lately this site has become much more interesting and fun.  I do agree that the people on that other site have a right to run their site anyway they want and to have any rules they wish but from what I have heard they are very rude.  If they keep it up all of their members will be banned and be here.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27171
[/QUOTE]

Interesting.....

I posted to MO for almost 2 years about 5 years ago with never so much as a warning. Then I started posting to another forum and bam, I was banned, along with the others who "defected". I never even got a formal banning, just couldn't get into the site. I was able to get back in a few months later, but never had any desire to after realizing that there are much better Maltese forums and Yahoo groups out there, including SM (the best!).

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Jan 3 2005, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the banned group.  I too was banned months ago.  Not because of a post...only tried to post twice and both times posts were accepted.  I was banned because I was on this site.  I got a private message here asking if I was the same person from MO and I said yes.  About 10 minutes later I tried to get on that other site and guess what?  I was banned.  I do go back and read but I can tell you that lately this site has become much more interesting and fun.  I do agree that the people on that other site have a right to run their site anyway they want and to have any rules they wish but from what I have heard they are very rude.  If they keep it up all of their members will be banned and be here.
[/QUOTE]

That is interesting about the PM from MO......who was it from?

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Jan 3 2005, 02:35 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Laceys mom
@Jan 3 2005, 02:20 PM
That is interesting about the PM from MO......who was it from?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27193
[/B][/QUOTE]
Yes that is VERY interesting and oddly weird! I couldn't imagine running one website and trying to police another at the same time--I don't have that kind of time.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.