Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Sep 3 2005, 10:44 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Sep 3 2005, 12:32 PM
QUOTE
<div class='quotemain'>by Scottchelf:
Well said... preach on!!!!

How about voting in a poor democrat for president- i'd run, only problem is that I'm not old enough!   :new_Eyecrazy:

This is part of the problem with our current federal administration...our leader himself has never lived even in the middle class, let alone the poverty level. I just don't see how he can even empathize with the loss these people are feeling or even the pain middle class America feels as they fill up their gas tanks. He has never been in our shoes. -_-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=96687
[/B][/QUOTE]
That's a good point about Pres. Bush, but there are some people who, even though born wealthy, just have that philanthropic spirit within them and they have an understanding of people's needs and do things to help them. I know people like that and the things they have done for people less fortunate brings tears to my eyes to even think about it. Just one example of many is when the year 2000 rolled in and this one very wealthy person could have had a big bash but instead did this:

She had a Habitat for Humanity party and took a huge warehouse she owned and had a party there were we built several walls of a house for Habitat. It was one of the most incredible evenings I've ever spent. I just don't think Pres. Bush is that kind of person.

Oh.... and when she moved in to her mansion a few years ago she felt sort of guilty for having so much so she personally bought and paid for 5 Habitat houses..... We need a President with a heart like she has....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=96688
[/B][/QUOTE]


Well, K/C's mom hit the nail on the head, I can't believe she said this! Here's the link
Barbara Bush As we know, the apple never falls far from the tree.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
I've always thought Barbara Bush had a "sharp tongue". She obviously has terrible judgement and
lack of empathy, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
I am not defending Mrs. Bush, but I do think she's kind of like my 93 year old grandmother. My Grammy is not always up on what is "politically correct" but she's the sweetest old lady you'd ever want to meet. Did Mrs. Bush use poor judgement in her comments? Absolutely. Do I think she meant to upset anyone? No I don't. I think she's just in her own special world looking down on the rest of us little folk. She and the rest of her family are completely out of touch with the rest of America.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,597 Posts
I find it so sad that a former first lady is so ill equiped to understand the very fabric of the american people...no matter if they are poor or middle class. I heard this yesterday and it made me sick and insensed that this woman has absolutely no clue how people live in the real world. How unfortunate that this same woman is the mother of our current president. Wow, with that kind of guidience through his life....we are all in trouble.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom+Sep 9 2005, 08:54 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Sep 9 2005, 07:39 AM
I've always thought Barbara Bush had a "sharp tongue". She obviously has terrible judgement and
lack of empathy, too.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98003
Not a good "line" to breed a political dynasty from IMO!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98007
[/B][/QUOTE]

That's funny!!!!


Oh, also... The impression I get of her and the Bush's in general is that they think they are above the masses and really don't care. Again, this is the impression I have.... it may not be true. As I mentioned in another post, I have seen people with lots of money and power who really care about others and have seen how they act, and it is not like the Bush's act. One specific person that I know who is particularly philathropic often says, and I can't remember where this quote originally came from, "To whom much is given, much is expected." She pretty much lives by that.

Just one example of her generosity (I gave others in a prior post) is that for the United Way campaign, she gave $10,000 each in honor of 10 women (yep that is $100,000). I was lucky to be one of those women. She's not just a giver... she's a worker.... she and her elderly mother have been in there hammering away at Habitat homes. Anyway, I've had her as someone I look up to who cares about those less fortunate. What has the Bush family done for others, I wonder? Does anyone know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,659 Posts
As Saltymalty says, Barbara Bush might be the grammy that needs to be hushed. They might want to consider keeping her away from microphones...!

Remember her comments right after the troops were sent to Iraq?

Barbara Bush had raised eyebrows two days before U.S. troops invaded Iraq, when she told ABC television that she was not interested in media commentators' concerns about the war's potential human toll.

"Why should we hear about body bags, and deaths, and how many, what day it's gonna happen, and how many this or what do you suppose?" she said. "It's not relevant. So, why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

Filmmaker Michael Moore used the remark in his fiercely anti-Bush film "Fahrenheit 9/11
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Sep 9 2005, 11:38 AM
As Saltymalty says, Barbara Bush might be the grammy that needs to be hushed. They might want to consider keeping her away from microphones...!

Remember her comments right after the troops were sent to Iraq?

Barbara Bush had raised eyebrows two days before U.S. troops invaded Iraq, when she told ABC television that she was not interested in media commentators' concerns about the war's potential human toll.

"Why should we hear about body bags, and deaths, and how many, what day it's gonna happen, and how many this or what do you suppose?" she said. "It's not relevant. So, why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

Filmmaker Michael Moore used the remark in his fiercely anti-Bush film "Fahrenheit 9/11
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98068
[/QUOTE]


That is quite an apalling statement!

Wonder what the parents and families of some of the soldiers who have lost their lives over there think of her blatant disregard for their lives?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,010 Posts
The way I took it is that so many of those people probably did not eat as healthly as they are now. They didn't get medical care like they are now. And probably the children feel more taken care of. Maybe I just read things differently!
At our local college a New Orleans girl got a paid 4 year scholarship, but my friend's daughter said she is not very appreicative. She is just complaining about Pres. Bush and how it would be different if they would have been white. It is so sad. Really the whole thing. But at least it seems the majority do feel grateful. I would hope so. Volunteers and people around the country and world are going extra miles to do all they can to help these people.

Anyways, I definately could imagine these same words from my 86 year old grandmother. And she is the sweetest lady I know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,659 Posts
It does appear that Barbara Bush isn't the only one who has made stupid comments in the aftermath of Katrina!

1) "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." –President Bush, on "Good Morning America," Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina

2) "What I'm hearing which is sort of scary is that they all want to stay in Texas. Everybody is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway so this (chuckle) – this is working very well for them." –Former First Lady Barbara Bush, on the Hurricane flood evacuees in the Houston Astrodome, Sept. 5, 2005

3) "It makes no sense to spend billions of dollars to rebuild a city that's seven feet under sea level....It looks like a lot of that place could be bulldozed." –House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.), Aug.

4) "We've got a lot of rebuilding to do ... The good news is — and it's hard for some to see it now — that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like it was before. Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house — he's lost his entire house — there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch." (Laughter) —President Bush, touring hurricane damage, Mobile, Ala., Sept. 2, 2005

5) "Considering the dire circumstances that we have in New Orleans, virtually a city that has been destroyed, things are going relatively well." —FEMA Director Michael Brown, Sept. 1, 2005

6) "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job." –President Bush, to FEMA director Michael Brown, while touring Hurricane-ravaged Mississippi, Sept. 2, 2005

7) "I have not heard a report of thousands of people in the convention center who don't have food and water." –Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, on NPR's "All Things Considered," Sept. 1, 2005

8) "Well, I think if you look at what actually happened, I remember on Tuesday morning picking up newspapers and I saw headlines, 'New Orleans Dodged the Bullet.' Because if you recall, the storm moved to the east and then continued on and appeared to pass with considerable damage but nothing worse." –Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, blaming media coverage for his failings, "Meet the Press," Sept. 4, 2005

9) "I mean, you have people who don't heed those warnings and then put people at risk as a result of not heeding those warnings. There may be a need to look at tougher penalties on those who decide to ride it out and understand that there are consequences to not leaving.” –Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA), Sept. 6, 2005

10) "You simply get chills every time you see these poor individuals...many of these people, almost all of them that we see are so poor and they are so black, and this is going to raise lots of questions for people who are watching this story unfold." —CNN's Wolf Blitzer, on New Orleans' hurricane evacuees, Sept. 1, 2005
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She might be an "old lady" but she is the former First Lady of this country. And to say that those people are better off now than before the storm! Give me a break!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by LadysMom@Sep 9 2005, 11:30 AM
It does appear that Barbara Bush isn't the only one who has made stupid comments in the aftermath of Katrina!

1) "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." –President Bush, on "Good Morning America," Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina

2) "What I'm hearing which is sort of scary is that they all want to stay in Texas. Everybody is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway so this (chuckle) – this is working very well for them." –Former First Lady Barbara Bush, on the Hurricane flood evacuees in the Houston Astrodome, Sept. 5, 2005

3) "It makes no sense to spend billions of dollars to rebuild a city that's seven feet under sea level....It looks like a lot of that place could be bulldozed." –House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.), Aug.

4) "We've got a lot of rebuilding to do ... The good news is — and it's hard for some to see it now — that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like it was before. Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house — he's lost his entire house — there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch." (Laughter) —President Bush, touring hurricane damage, Mobile, Ala., Sept. 2, 2005

5) "Considering the dire circumstances that we have in New Orleans, virtually a city that has been destroyed, things are going relatively well." —FEMA Director Michael Brown, Sept. 1, 2005

6) "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job." –President Bush, to FEMA director Michael Brown, while touring Hurricane-ravaged Mississippi, Sept. 2, 2005

7) "I have not heard a report of thousands of people in the convention center who don't have food and water." –Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, on NPR's "All Things Considered," Sept. 1, 2005

8) "Well, I think if you look at what actually happened, I remember on Tuesday morning picking up newspapers and I saw headlines, 'New Orleans Dodged the Bullet.' Because if you recall, the storm moved to the east and then continued on and appeared to pass with considerable damage but nothing worse." –Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, blaming media coverage for his failings, "Meet the Press," Sept. 4, 2005 

9) "I mean, you have people who don't heed those warnings and then put people at risk as a result of not heeding those warnings. There may be a need to look at tougher penalties on those who decide to ride it out and understand that there are consequences to not leaving.” –Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA), Sept. 6, 2005

10) "You simply get chills every time you see these poor individuals...many of these people, almost all of them that we see are so poor and they are so black, and this is going to raise lots of questions for people who are watching this story unfold." —CNN's Wolf Blitzer, on New Orleans' hurricane evacuees, Sept. 1, 2005
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98081
[/QUOTE]



Stupid is as stupid does.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Sep 9 2005, 12:30 PM
9) "I mean, you have people who don't heed those warnings and then put people at risk as a result of not heeding those warnings. There may be a need to look at tougher penalties on those who decide to ride it out and understand that there are consequences to not leaving.” –Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA), Sept. 6, 2005

10) "You simply get chills every time you see these poor individuals...many of these people, almost all of them that we see are so poor and they are so black, and this is going to raise lots of questions for people who are watching this story unfold." —CNN's Wolf Blitzer, on New Orleans' hurricane evacuees, Sept. 1, 2005 [/color]
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98081
[/QUOTE]


All of the comments are unreal...but these two are just unbelievable.

In regards to number 9....I guess seeing what they have endured throughout this ordeal....it would seem to me that we have all seen the consequences of not evacuating. Maybe if someone had offered them transportation and a place to go...many more would have left when told.

#10- I have no words for THAT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,942 Posts
Living in this area, and having 14 years work experience with these people, I feel that I can shed some light on the matter. I'm not talking about color of people, I'm talking about a certain group who live off the system, and they have the smarts to make it work. We had one group (white) who got $78,000 for their children in a settlement for disability. Later, I got to reevaluate these people so that their checks could be stopped BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT DISABLE. These people had to spend the $78,000 within six months so that they could go back to the poverty level. They bought two new cars, as well as other items they no longer had when I did the reevaluations. They had 13 checks coming into their mailbox each month for three or four years before the reevaluations. These were averaging about $500 each. Let me tell you, these were some of the meanest, hateful people to deal with in my office. They hated having to come for their reevaluation, and they knew I had the reputation of telling it like it was. They would holler, curse, steal, and make havoc out of the office. I would have to go out in the parking lot to stop problems. I saw this over and over with other families too. Even those I sincerely felt needed help were often mean. They stole my cleaning supplies, the fenials from my lamps, the things to turn them on with, a heater I used on an extremely cold day, and they would steal things from your purse, if you left it in sight. One of my collegues had an expensive ring stolen from hers. She had the purse hidden in another office, but they snuck in there and found it. They got their disability check, but she didn't get her ring back. These people (here again not talking about color) had a sense of entitlement. No matter how nice you were to them, it wasn't good enough. They taught their young children to lie and cheat on the exams for the disability checks they thought they were entitled to. I would see two year olds for disability who were referred "because they wouldn't play school with their older sibling". One summer, I had one of my daughters sit in the waiting room with these children and play Gameboy. They didn't know who she was, and they would master her games quickly. Yet, when they came into my office, they couldn't even tell me how many ears they had. By law, I was required to call the mother in and tell her I suspected they were not being honest. I would get cursed and reported to the agency I did work for because I was doing this. Over and over, I would then have to defend myself. We would get teacher reports from teachers telling us that the parents would come to them, fussing that they should not help their children learn because they would loose their check. My sister is a school psychologist, and she has told me over and over how hard it is to get an accurate assessment on a child because they parents want them to be in special education so they can get a check. I was holding a three year old once on my lap, trying to determine if she had learning or emotional problem to qualify her. She asked me where my blocks were. I asked why she wanted to know. Her response was that if she threw the blocks, her mom would take her for ice cream.
One of my favorite stories is the man I was doing an exam on because another psychologist wrote how he was so disable, but the doctor reading his report suspected his exam was faked. He was one of those who threw the blocks, carried a toy around with him to play with, and had to have two adults to keep him in control. The day of the exam, I found he was in jail. I went to the jail to see him, carrying my briefcase. I told him I was a doctor there to help him, and he told me how he was driving the get away car in the robbery. He was in no way disable. He had a girlfriend, went about the community at will, and was just a crook. He didn't get his check, and he served two years. At the end of that time, his two caretakers came with him to the place I was working, telling me the same story I had read in the exam from the doctor who said he was so disable. It was so bizaar that I remembered it. When I went into the waiting room to get him, there he sat, playing with his toy, like he was so limited. When he saw me, he knew the game was up, and he refused to come into my office. He didn't get that check either.
After 14 years of working with these CROOKS, I started working with people in the nursing home, who are so grateful for any attention they can get.
I don't agree with Barbara Bush's comment, but I think I know where she is coming from because there is a segment of our population who think they are entitled to be taken care of. You, as hard working tax payers are to leave your children, work hard, do without, pay high taxes, and support this segment. Want to know where some of the money goes? Well, I saw one spend $59 in food stamps on Easter candy. They are at the casinoes eating and playing the slots, and the nail salons are full of them. They often wear nicer clothese than I do, and they drive nicer cars. Sure, there are some really deserving people, but there are just as many of those who will never work at anything but having the system take care of them. I think this may be some of what Barbarb Bush was responding to in her statement. They looked at a new state, and they saw more suckers to fleece.
Before you start jumping down my throat about my comments, just remember that I'm only talking about some of these folks, and I base my comments on 14 years experience trying to sort out the deserving from the cheaters and those who just live off the system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou@Sep 9 2005, 10:52 AM
Living in this area, and having 14 years work experience with these people, I feel that I can shed some light on the matter.  I'm not talking about color of people, I'm talking about a certain group who live off the system, and they have the smarts to make it work.  We had one group (white) who got $78,000 for their children in a settlement for disability.  Later, I got to reevaluate these people so that their checks could be stopped BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT DISABLE.  These people had to spend the $78,000 within six months so that they could go back to the poverty level.  They bought two new cars, as well as other items they no longer had when I did the reevaluations.  They had 13 checks coming into their mailbox each month for three or four years before the reevaluations.  These were averaging about $500 each.  Let me tell you, these were some of the meanest, hateful people to deal with in my office.  They hated having to come for their reevaluation, and they knew I had the reputation of telling it like it was.  They would holler, curse, steal, and make havoc out of the office.  I would have to go out in the parking lot to stop problems.  I saw this over and over with other families too.  Even those I sincerely felt needed help were often mean.  They stole my cleaning supplies, the fenials from my lamps, the things to turn them on with, a heater I used on an extremely cold day, and they would steal things from your purse, if you left it in sight.  One of my collegues had an expensive ring stolen from hers.  She had the purse hidden in another office, but they snuck in there and found it.  They got their disability check, but she didn't get her ring back.  These people (here again not talking about color) had a sense of entitlement.  No matter how nice you were to them, it wasn't good enough.  They taught their young children to lie and cheat on the exams for the disability checks they thought they were entitled to.  I would see two year olds for disability who were referred "because they wouldn't play school with their older sibling".  One summer, I had one of my daughters sit in the waiting room with these children and play Gameboy.  They didn't know who she was, and they would master her games quickly.  Yet, when they came into my office, they couldn't even tell me how many ears they had.  By law, I was required to call the mother in and tell her I suspected they were not being honest.  I would get cursed and reported to the agency I did work for because I was doing this.  Over and over, I would then have to defend myself.  We would get teacher reports from teachers telling us that the parents would come to them, fussing that they should not help their children learn because they would loose their check.  My sister is a school psychologist, and she has told me over and over how hard it is to get an accurate assessment on a child because they parents want them to be in special education so they can get a check.  I was holding a three year old once on my lap, trying to determine if she had learning or emotional problem to qualify her.  She asked me where my blocks were.  I asked why she wanted to know.  Her response was that if she threw the blocks, her mom would take her for ice cream. 
One of my favorite stories is the man I was doing an exam on because another psychologist wrote how he was so disable, but the doctor reading his report suspected his exam was faked.  He was one of those who threw the blocks, carried a toy around with him to play with, and had to have two adults to keep him in control.  The day of the exam, I found he was in jail.  I went to the jail to see him, carrying my briefcase.  I told him I was a doctor there to help him, and he told me how he was driving the get away car in the robbery.  He was in no way disable.  He had a girlfriend, went about the community at will, and was just a crook.  He didn't get his check, and he served two years.  At the end of that time, his two caretakers came with him to the place I was working, telling me the same story I had read in the exam from the doctor who said he was so disable.  It was so bizaar that I remembered it.  When I went into the waiting room to get him, there he sat, playing with his toy, like he was so limited.  When he saw me, he knew the game was up, and he refused to come into my office.  He didn't get that check either.
After 14 years of working with these CROOKS, I started working with people in the nursing home, who are so grateful for any attention they can get. 
I don't agree with Barbara Bush's comment, but I think I know where she is coming from because there is a segment of our population who think they are entitled to be taken care of.  You, as hard working tax payers are to leave your children, work hard, do without, pay high taxes, and support this segment.  Want to know where some of the money goes?  Well, I saw one spend $59 in food stamps on Easter candy.  They are at the casinoes eating and playing the slots, and the nail salons are full of them.  They often wear nicer clothese than I do, and they drive nicer cars.  Sure, there are some really deserving people, but there are just as many of those who will never work at anything but having the system take care of them.  I think this may be some of what Barbarb Bush was responding to in her statement.  They looked at a new state, and they saw more suckers to fleece. 
Before you start jumping down my throat about my comments, just remember that I'm only talking about some of these folks, and I base my comments on 14 years experience trying to sort out the deserving from the cheaters and those who just live off the system.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98089
[/QUOTE]

I know what you are trying to say, but I somehow don't think that's what she meant. I think she was refering to just really poor people being better off becuase now they are being taken care off. I see it as her just sort of defending her son because he has been criticized lately. I also just don't think its her age/being the grandmother type that saltymalty was talking about. I have a grandmother who was raised her whole life in completely white community in Russia (no diversity at all) that wouldn't make comments like that. I think she meant just what she said and she wasn't necessarily refering to crooks. However, I should be honest and say that both my husband and I are die hard Democrats and would never in a million years vote for Bush and have yet to see him make any decent decisions so I may be just a bit biased.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,010 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou@Sep 9 2005, 01:52 PM
Living in this area, and having 14 years work experience with these people, I feel that I can shed some light on the matter.  I'm not talking about color of people, I'm talking about a certain group who live off the system, and they have the smarts to make it work.  We had one group (white) who got $78,000 for their children in a settlement for disability.  Later, I got to reevaluate these people so that their checks could be stopped BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT DISABLE.  These people had to spend the $78,000 within six months so that they could go back to the poverty level.  They bought two new cars, as well as other items they no longer had when I did the reevaluations.  They had 13 checks coming into their mailbox each month for three or four years before the reevaluations.  These were averaging about $500 each.  Let me tell you, these were some of the meanest, hateful people to deal with in my office.  They hated having to come for their reevaluation, and they knew I had the reputation of telling it like it was.  They would holler, curse, steal, and make havoc out of the office.  I would have to go out in the parking lot to stop problems.  I saw this over and over with other families too.  Even those I sincerely felt needed help were often mean.  They stole my cleaning supplies, the fenials from my lamps, the things to turn them on with, a heater I used on an extremely cold day, and they would steal things from your purse, if you left it in sight.  One of my collegues had an expensive ring stolen from hers.  She had the purse hidden in another office, but they snuck in there and found it.  They got their disability check, but she didn't get her ring back.  These people (here again not talking about color) had a sense of entitlement.  No matter how nice you were to them, it wasn't good enough.  They taught their young children to lie and cheat on the exams for the disability checks they thought they were entitled to.  I would see two year olds for disability who were referred "because they wouldn't play school with their older sibling".  One summer, I had one of my daughters sit in the waiting room with these children and play Gameboy.  They didn't know who she was, and they would master her games quickly.  Yet, when they came into my office, they couldn't even tell me how many ears they had.  By law, I was required to call the mother in and tell her I suspected they were not being honest.  I would get cursed and reported to the agency I did work for because I was doing this.  Over and over, I would then have to defend myself.  We would get teacher reports from teachers telling us that the parents would come to them, fussing that they should not help their children learn because they would loose their check.  My sister is a school psychologist, and she has told me over and over how hard it is to get an accurate assessment on a child because they parents want them to be in special education so they can get a check.  I was holding a three year old once on my lap, trying to determine if she had learning or emotional problem to qualify her.  She asked me where my blocks were.  I asked why she wanted to know.  Her response was that if she threw the blocks, her mom would take her for ice cream. 
One of my favorite stories is the man I was doing an exam on because another psychologist wrote how he was so disable, but the doctor reading his report suspected his exam was faked.  He was one of those who threw the blocks, carried a toy around with him to play with, and had to have two adults to keep him in control.  The day of the exam, I found he was in jail.  I went to the jail to see him, carrying my briefcase.  I told him I was a doctor there to help him, and he told me how he was driving the get away car in the robbery.  He was in no way disable.  He had a girlfriend, went about the community at will, and was just a crook.  He didn't get his check, and he served two years.  At the end of that time, his two caretakers came with him to the place I was working, telling me the same story I had read in the exam from the doctor who said he was so disable.  It was so bizaar that I remembered it.  When I went into the waiting room to get him, there he sat, playing with his toy, like he was so limited.  When he saw me, he knew the game was up, and he refused to come into my office.  He didn't get that check either.
After 14 years of working with these CROOKS, I started working with people in the nursing home, who are so grateful for any attention they can get. 
I don't agree with Barbara Bush's comment, but I think I know where she is coming from because there is a segment of our population who think they are entitled to be taken care of.  You, as hard working tax payers are to leave your children, work hard, do without, pay high taxes, and support this segment.  Want to know where some of the money goes?  Well, I saw one spend $59 in food stamps on Easter candy.  They are at the casinoes eating and playing the slots, and the nail salons are full of them.  They often wear nicer clothese than I do, and they drive nicer cars.  Sure, there are some really deserving people, but there are just as many of those who will never work at anything but having the system take care of them.  I think this may be some of what Barbarb Bush was responding to in her statement.  They looked at a new state, and they saw more suckers to fleece. 
Before you start jumping down my throat about my comments, just remember that I'm only talking about some of these folks, and I base my comments on 14 years experience trying to sort out the deserving from the cheaters and those who just live off the system.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98089
[/QUOTE]


AMEN, LucyLou!! I'm glad someone finally said it. It is really getting out of hand with the people who abuse the system and we, as hard working citizens, pay for others to sit on their bottoms all day and think they're "entitled" to it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,004 Posts
I am totally disgusted with the comments.
It does not matter if the people are poor or rich, white or black, yellow or orange they are they need help. They require food and shelter.
What ever they did or did not have at the time does not matter. Everything even if it was shoes on their feet are now gone. As for Barbara Bush she is an old lady from a different time and that was the mentality then for women, to turn a blank eye and focus on happy things. So I can for give her for her comments.

I'm going to stop reading these two topics now because as a woman of color it is really upsetting me to read this. I really feel for these people they have nothing left and all they can say is they were poor anyway. They are American they are your people and if you can't feel for them and lend a helping hand to your own how can you help others.

This is not intended to hurt or upset for anyone here. So please disregard is so.
I do not live in your country so I don’t know what is like there. In Canada I pay my taxes and work hard just like everyone else here and if this happened to me, I would hope that people would have more compassion for me regardless of my skin color or how much money I had. I apologize in advance. As you can tell these kind of comments really hurt.

I will now go and read about the puppies
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top