Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...those of you who know me know that I absolutely love Bare Escentuals makeup line. I just wanted to let everyone know that they are going to be having a "today's special value" on QVC next month that will be spectacular. I have gotten this kit already and it is really a great value. I believe it will be offered with free shipping and as part of an auto delivery program. You will receive three additional kits (all different) during the course of the year for the same price and also with free s&h. There are two new brushes, a refillable compact, a lippie, two eye shades (one peachy the other coppery/pinkish brown), trudy all over face color (great on cheeks), a highlight/lowlight (brand new product...really cool), mineral veil, and mascara. I think it's around $45 for 10 pieces. I just wanted to give those of you interested in BE a heads up on this one.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Thanks! I have been using BE and I LOVE it!! The best makeup I've ever used. I just wish it wasn't soooooo messy....any ideas on that? Thanks for sharing that I will watch out for that....I definitely want to get in on that bargain!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@Oct 21 2005, 02:19 PM
Thanks!  I have been using BE and I LOVE it!! The best makeup I've ever used. I just wish it wasn't soooooo messy....any ideas on that? Thanks for sharing that I will watch out for that....I definitely want to get in on that bargain!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112023
[/QUOTE]
I know, I tend to get minerals all over the place...but even so, I have yet to use up an eye shadow or blush! Do you use a kabuki for foundation? If so, this kit includes a smaller kabuki on a longer handle! It is perfect for going over eyes, around the nose and mouth areas. My larger kabuki is kind of hard to get into those spots. The eye colors are beautiful and very wearable in my opinion. They are not "out there" colors, but perfect fall warm/neutrals. The "Gift" eyeshadow has a really pretty pink undertone to it. When you apply wet, the pink really comes through, although it's still a brown. Can you tell I love it? I just hope the other three kits are equally as nice!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Thanks for the info. I think that the smaller Kabuki would be great around the eyes! Is there a date for this yet?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I think I have seen a commercial on TV for this. Is it sold in stores? I'm always interested in things that are chemical free\all natural
This seems to be the sales pitch, am I wrong? What do you like so much about its performance? Does it last, have a natural look\feel? I have alot of questions so I'll go to the web site, but I'll be back to ask more I'm sure

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't believe I forgot to mention the date! November 19, and you can check the BE website for the times. I am such a dufus.

Holliberry, BE is sold in their own boutiques, Sephora and Ulta. QVC also carries their products, and it is sold in a few Nordstroms (Pacific NW). You can also call their beauty hotline (number is on website, not the informercial line). I really like their products because they are all natural. It does take a bit of practice to get used to the technique of application on the foundation. The tendency is to use too much product. If you are interested in trying, the best value is definitely the infomercial kit with all the brushes, foundation, eye shadows, etc. But I must warn you, those little pots of colors are addictive. I have more eyeshadows than I can ever use in my lifetime but I am still buying more!

The foundation does last and it is not heavy. It makes my skin look radiant, but not overly made up. It does hide imperfections beautifully and it doesn't get cakey like liquids and creams. I think it looks very natural, not at all like regular makeup. I constantly have people tell me how lucky I am that I don't have to wear foundation! They think I have perfect skin, which I do not. Feel free to ask any questions, or to PM me if you'd like.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I would echo what SaltyMalty wrote. I doubt I'll ever wear another kind of makeup. I can't even imagine using a liquid again. When I got my kit from the infomercial it did not contain the Kabuki which I believe is now part of that kit. That little brush makes the difference between liking the makeup and loving it.

I don't use the eye makeup. I just find it easier to use a compact. I think the product is fine but I have so many compacts from Estee Lauder and Clinique that I just don't have to buy eye makeup EVER. I also have a brand of mascara that I like and use.

The foundation and the mineral veil are the BEST! I have gotten several other people to try it and they all swear by it now, too.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Ooooh!!! Thanks for the heads up
I can't wait to get the small kabuki with the long handle!! I drop mine all the time because I have nerve damage in one hand...Thanks so much for sharing this with us

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Oct 21 2005, 07:53 PM
Ooooh!!!  Thanks for the heads up
  I can't wait to get the small kabuki with the long handle!!  I drop mine all the time because I have nerve damage in one hand...Thanks so much for sharing this with us

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112110
[/QUOTE]
This kabuki has a smaller head on it, but you get more control. You would probably still use the kabuki or face brush to apply then go over everything with the long handled kabuki. I just found the item # which is now available to order at the special price. It's A71001. QVC did this last year too on the Goddess auto delivery kits. This one has free shipping which should carry through for the three subsequent kits. I am sure that on 11/19 they will have two ordering options...one time shipment or auto delivery of four different kits for the same price. I don't know what will be in the other three shipments, but they will most likely contain brushes, a lippie, mascara, eye and cheek colors. When you add up the value, it is a bargain.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
There is no way I can wait until November *now*
I need to at least try the foundation before then. I have a million half used bottles and have never found one that doesnt look like makeup. I am back on clinique now and I swear its because their counter looks the cleanest to me
but I still dont like it.

This is like a whole new makeup method...I dont understand the foundation colors? Do I need to match a color, or do you get one kind and thats it? Also I dont see a concealer, and I like one for under my eyes during allergy season.

They have a 10 pc kit, kits will I be missing anything important if I just get that until november?

thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts
Janet, I was wondering the same thing. I was hoping someone would hurry and answer because my impulse purchase finger is poised over the Buy-it-Now button.

So you guys really really recommend this? How do you apply it? It looks dry, is it?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Holliberry@Oct 21 2005, 08:20 PM
There is no way I can wait until November *now* 
  I need to at least try the foundation before then.  I have a million half used bottles and have never found one that doesnt look like makeup.  I am back on clinique now and I swear its because their counter looks the cleanest to me 
but I still dont like it.

This is like a whole new makeup method...I dont understand the foundation colors?  Do I need to match a color, or do you get one kind and thats it?  Also I dont see a concealer, and I like one for under my eyes during allergy season. 

They have a 10 pc kit, kits will I be missing anything important if I just get that until november?

thanks

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112122
[/QUOTE]
Holliberry, I see you are from PA...do you live anywhere near King of Prussia mall? There is a BE boutique there where you can look at the different products. Or do you have an Ulta or Sephora near by? That way you can take a look at their samples and determine which foundation color would work best for you. The infomercial kit is definitely the best buy. I would not recommend purchasing it with automatic shipments of the foundation. Purchase them separately from either QVC or another retailer. The full sized foundation lasts me about 6 months or so...but I use several shades to make my "perfect" match. The foundations are very forgiving and you should select one or two (the infomercial kit comes with two different colors) based on the undertone in your skin. The DVD that comes with the informercial kit gives a lot of really great tips on application. If you decide to try, please feel free to PM me with specific questions. It does take practice to perfect the technique, but once you master it, you won't regret your purchase.

The best buys are definitely on QVC in their kits. They sell three piece eye and cheek colors (2 eyeshadows 1 blush) for $30. Definitely worth looking at when you are just starting to purchase.

On the concealer, there is a product included in the kit called bisque. It can be used as an eyeshadow base and a coverup. You apply it with the taklon bristle brush and it gives a heavier coverage. It isn't like a liquid concealer though. I am pretty sure the infomercial kit includes bisque or summer bisque (for yellower skin tones).

Sometimes Ulta and Sephora carry a starter kit with brushes, small sized foundations, warmth and mineral veil. Here is a link to sephora: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...tegoryId=C10470

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by 20202@Oct 21 2005, 09:00 PM
Okay, now it's just starting to sound like work.  LOL  I confuse very easily.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112146
[/QUOTE]
It's so funny you should say that because I always felt like my makeup was work to put it on, work to take it off....but now I feel like I'm playing. BTW, I am the queen of confusion...

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Hi, I love BE. I have everyone at work wearing it. They all think I have beautiful skin. There's a BE addicts website, that you can get alot of good info from, they have a forum also. www.beaddicts.com. I've already gotten the TSV and I love it also. I just need to find enough storage for all my BE. :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have you tried foiling Gift? It makes the most beautiful color! I also lurk on the addicts forum from time to time. I don't post often, but it is a wonderful place to get information. Those ladies know everything and then some about BE....

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I lurk there occassionally too. I haven't been in a while so will have to check it out. Linda, if it sounds confusing it really isn't. I think you can watch the application process on their website. They send you a video when you order the foundation kit. Also, if you could go to a boutique and have the "make under" it would be a big help. I stopped in at the boutique in the Atlanta airport to have them make sure I was using the right color. I use a slightly darker color in the summer (2.3) and lighter in the winter (1.2).

Go here and watch the infomercial (upper right corner)
http://www.bareescentuals.com/

1 - 20 of 46 Posts