Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help, this may have been addressed in here before, but I am getting frustrated and embarrassed, when someone come to the door Khane (the Yorkie) acts terrible and barks, then Kruze starts in, there is no way to get them quiet until they check out who is here, then they are ok, what can I do when the doorbell rings to control this??? any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
They are doing their job of being watch/guard dogs, alerting of intruders.

Have them sit till your guests get in.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I ask the trainer Wed. night what to do about Ollie coming out of his crate barking and jumping and barking at the door. She told me to turn around and put him back in the crate until he calms down....let him out again and if he starts again pick him up and put him in the crate again. I've done this for two days and I think he's getting the idea!

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Does it work

I ask the trainer Wed. night what to do about Ollie coming out of his crate barking and jumping and barking at the door. She told me to turn around and put him back in the crate until he calms down....let him out again and if he starts again pick him up and put him in the crate again. I've done this for two days and I think he's getting the idea!
I am ready, willing and able te go CRAZY when I open the crate's door. I will do this without a doubt!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts