Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are in Arizona for the winter, the weather is great, but the dirt is something else, it is like powder.everyday I walk Matilda she seems to need a bath every 4 or 5 days. I make dog shoes and she has every color you can amagine, i put them on her to keep her feet clean, but the rest of her gets so dirty, I am worried i am bathing her to much but don't know what to do, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
All I can say is "Bless your heart!" If it is powder like dust, can you just brush the dirt out of the coat? Just a thought...

·
Registered
802 Posts
I think bathing every few days is too much. Conditioner for the hair maybe...but nothing can replace their natural oils. The skin is what you'll be drying out.

Try a dry bath??

Give the pet a dry bath by sprinkling baking soda into his fur and brushing its coat. This brushes away dirt and is great for winter.

·
Premium Member
24,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think bathing every few days is too much. Conditioner for the hair maybe...but nothing can replace their natural oils. The skin is what you'll be drying out.

Try a dry bath??

Give the pet a dry bath by sprinkling baking soda into his fur and brushing its coat. This brushes away dirt and is great for winter.[/B]
I will try that, the dirt is just like a fine powder and do they ever have winds here. Today the winds are suppose to be 20-30 mph
the dust storms are awful, but we have been having warm days 72-82. I quess I can't have everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts