Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the cemetery earlier to visit my mothers grave site and on the way home Baxter vomited twice! He loves riding and has never been car sick so I do not think that is what it is and he has had nothing out of the usual to eat that would have upset his stomach. I am not sure what is wrong. He is laying here in the chair beside me now resting.

Wondering if I should give him something to calm his stomach and if so what or should I wait it out and see if he vomits anymore and take him to the vet???

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying not to worry but its hard.
As for grass or flowers he was never put down to walk around so that would not be it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I know it's hard not to worry. Puddy went through a bad bout of vomiting and I was on the phone in a flash. What they told me to do was fast him for 24 hours to get whatever was in his system out and then feed him boiled rice and hamburger for a week. Why don't you just phone your vet and put your mind at ease. They should have a 24 hour emergency number.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Could he have gotten car sick for some reason this time... did he eat before riding ? How is he doing now?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Big hugs to Baxter!!!!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I hope it's nothing serious. I guess you could try the bland diet of boiled chicken and rice for a few days, but if Baxter throws up again I would want to bring him to the vet or at least call to see what the dr. thinks.
Big hugs to both of you

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Baxter is up and running the 100 yard dash now!!!

Big hugs to LadyMontava
Jaimie talked with me tonight and advised me what to do and Baxter is feeling much, much better! woohoo

Thank you everyone for your concern. This little guy sure had me worried, he was just so lethargic and would not play and I could look into his eyes and tell he felt bad. I felt so helpless!
but all is well now!

Brinkley and Neyland's Mom & LadyM you Rock!!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Ahhhhh, so glad Baxter is doing better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts