Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I went grocery shopping and had a bunch of can goods. The bagger didn't double bag them though and put like 6 cans in one bag. When I got home I put the grocery bags on the floor and let the girls out of their crates. When I started to put the groceries away the girls were standing next to me watching me. As I lifted the bag of cans the bag broke and a can fell out. It landed on my toe (I'm ok
) and almost hit the girls in the head. It missed them by inches!
After making sure they were ok I picked up the can. It had a huge dent in it. It had only fallen from about counter height! Imagine if that and hit the girls, especially Nikki! It could have killed her or at least done some damage! From now on the girls are not allowed in the kitchen while I'm putting away groceries.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
That is true... something like that hitting a 3.5lbs dog could damage the spine. Kodie's grandmother was paralized from something similar... sadly.. they had to put the pup down because the back was broken.
The bones of these babies are fragile.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
This is such a good reminder. We sometimes get a little too comfortable and forget about the ordinary household chores that could turn into a nightmare. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Girls, also remember when you are in the kitchen cooking. They can get underfoot and not only cause you to hurt yourself but them also. I never allow Baby Gizmo in the kitchen except for when we go out the door. I had a hard time breaking him from the kitchen. I treat him like he is a toddler in the house. When we got him we had to toddler proof the house again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts