Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone!! Thanks for all your good wishes. We brought Beastie home yesterday, and aside from some pretty awful tearstains, he's perfect (well, he's perfect anyway)! I cannot believe what a good baby he is. The car ride was fine. Got in the house and did his Sherlock Holmes thing. He slept through the night, no problems. Has hit the wee wee pad twice (wee wee only, of course)! He is sweet, playful, loving, funny. In short, he is everything we hoped he'd be.
He was worth the wait and then some, and seems to be settling in very comfortably. We adore him, and he knows it already.

You all have been wonderful during the waiting time, and this is a place I love coming to as often as possible. Hopefully, now I'll have more to contribute.


Oh, BTW - my mother told me she thought Beastie was an awful name. At my age, you'd think this wouldn't bother me anymore........<sigh>

Carol Ann AND BEASTIE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,486 Posts
Yay! Welcome home Beastie.

PS I feel your pain about your Mom's opinion. I'm 47 years old and have to struggle to remember that my parents' opinion doesn't run my life. Haha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Jan 30 2005, 02:11 PM
Yay!  Welcome home Beastie. 

PS  I feel your pain about your Mom's opinion.  I'm 47 years old and have to struggle to remember that my parents' opinion doesn't run my life.  Haha.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32397
[/QUOTE]

Uh huh. Although at this point in time, I find it more annoying than anything else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
I agree with Ms. Magnolia. It's hard not to be hurt by things our parents say...at any age. Enjoy your little guy, and take lots of photos. When your mother gets her own puppy, she can name it whatever she wants to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
I'm so glad that it was perfect for you. (ignore your mother, I'm 47 also and I still get ticked at insensitive things my mom says) We think it's perfect for him because you think it's perfect for him, the heck with nay-sayers.

Lucky lucky you. I have another two weeks or so to get IzzyBella. The longest two weeks in the year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,486 Posts
Carol Ann,
We're gonna want to hear every single thing about Beastie. Sleeping through the night - good start!

And Linda, we'll help you pass the next 2 weeks. They'll go by pretty fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by 20202@Jan 30 2005, 02:53 PM
 
  I'm so glad that it was perfect for you.  (ignore your mother, I'm 47 also and I still get ticked at insensitive things my mom says)  We think it's perfect for him because you think it's perfect for him, the heck with nay-sayers.

Lucky lucky you.  I have another two weeks or so to get IzzyBella.  The longest two weeks in the year.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32411
[/QUOTE]

OMG, the wait does seem long, but it's easier if you "prepare" by buying goodies for the baby.

IzzyBella is an adorable name (I'll float it by my mother and see what she thinks
). How did you come to choose it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by 20202@Jan 30 2005, 05:53 PM
 
  I'm so glad that it was perfect for you.  (ignore your mother, I'm 47 also and I still get ticked at insensitive things my mom says)  We think it's perfect for him because you think it's perfect for him, the heck with nay-sayers.

Lucky lucky you.  I have another two weeks or so to get IzzyBella.  The longest two weeks in the year.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32411
[/QUOTE]
You are so right...those last few weeks are the hardest. We met our pup at 9 weeks and waited another three to pick her up. I think I spent more in those three weeks than I have since she's been home!!! Your baby is so cute, do you have a more recent photo? I cannot believe that our puppy has been with us since Thanksgiving. I hardly remember the wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,741 Posts
glad to see ur little beastie is home, he looks adorable! cant wait to hear more!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,391 Posts
Originally posted by Carol Ann@Jan 30 2005, 03:04 PM
Hi, everyone!! Thanks for all your good wishes. We brought Beastie home yesterday, and aside from some pretty awful tearstains, he's perfect (well, he's perfect anyway)! I cannot believe what a good baby he is. The car ride was fine. Got in the house and did his Sherlock Holmes thing. He slept through the night, no problems. Has hit the wee wee pad twice (wee wee only, of course)! He is sweet, playful, loving, funny. In short, he is everything we hoped he'd be. 
He was worth the wait and then some, and seems to be settling in very comfortably. We adore him, and he knows it already.

You all have been wonderful during the waiting time, and this is a place I love coming to as often as possible. Hopefully, now I'll have more to contribute. 


Oh, BTW - my mother told me she thought Beastie was an awful name. At my age, you'd think this wouldn't bother me anymore........<sigh>

Carol Ann AND BEASTIE
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32392
[/QUOTE]

Welcome Home BEASTIE and welcome to the site Carol Ann. Your furbaby is adorable and we are anxious to hear all about how he adjusts. I know he will bring you more joy than you ever imagined. Keep us posted on how everything is going.
Jackie & Belle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Welcome!!!! What a cutie!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
894 Posts
Welcome home Beastie (by the way, if it matters I just LOVE that name)....I am sure at times he will "live up" to that name.
I just have until the 16th until we bring Sisse home!! Keep us posted on everything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
I'm so happy for u, just 3 more days to bring my little princess home, I hope our first night goes as smooth as yours.

congratulations !!!!



 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top